Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Impressive, I am probably knocking on the limits too and plan on going further once I have a built motor ready to go in. Agree with you, be smart, and test. Another is small bites, don't go from stock to 1k+. Unless known configurations.
i don't agree. known configurations didn't start out that way. i'm sorry but i don't think you should only do something if someone holds your hand. Do your research and make smart choices but you don't necessarily have to follow behind everyone else. i guess some people are leaders and some followers.
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
i don't agree. known configurations didn't start out that way. i'm sorry but i don't think you should only do something if someone holds your hand. Do your research and make smart choices but you don't necessarily have to follow behind everyone else. i guess some people are leaders and some followers.
That's not exactly what I meant. If someone has already tested product x at 1k+, and there is data to do research, then dive in and take it further. However, if you are going into uncharted territory then take smaller steps. More learn from others and expand or be smart and don't jump off a cliff on the first go.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I understand your point, but my post is targeted to those that typically ask the question, ā€œhow much will the stock motor hold?ā€, because they are trying to build a drag car with the most power output that their car will handle.

Of course there are other applications that arenā€™t drag racing related, but usually those applications arenā€™t at risk of blowing the motor because they are maximizing power output for the length of a drag race.

The point of my post was to essentially inform, drag racers specifically, that they are capable of squeezing more out of their car than they realize, if they just take a few extra precautions. Precautions that arenā€™t really game changing or unreasonable, just responsible forms of car management.

Of course the stock motor wonā€™t handle 22+ psi during a 30 minute COTA session šŸ˜‚
I hope no one thought that I meant that it would lol
I think you meant to say dragy racers, not drag racers.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm just saying, I get your point, but your point also comes with "it can work, as long as you don't do x,y,z), which is kinda the crux of the issue. If you want to mash without concerns, like you do on a stock power mustang, then it won't last long after certain power levels and that's where the discussion/debate comes in.

Anyone can build a dyno queen or a teacup car that rarely sees full sauce and do it economically or with limited upgrades. But if you want a car that you don't have to run at half capability most of the time and you ONLY get to full send when it's perfect conditions and only on your birthday and Christmas, then it's true it can take it, but with a list of asterisks.
Yes there is a list of asterisks, but theyā€™re not difficult to fulfill, and doing them can help achieve the goals that my intended target audience may have. For example, if theyā€™re unable to achieve that 8 second pass, or they canā€™t beat their friends zr1, or they canā€™t get their 1000whp dyno graph, frequently the issue is the mindset of ā€œoh I canā€™t exceed this boost/power level because itā€™ll blow upā€. Iā€™m trying to mitigate that by showing them, ā€œno it actually wonā€™t blow up if you turn it up, just be responsible about itā€.

Itā€™s very reassuring to people when you see others have success when they venture into sketchy territory, so Iā€™m trying to give them that extra sense of security.

Iā€™m not saying there is a definite formula (the asterisks in this case) to build a reliable 1000+hp stock motor car that can be beat on all the time (which I believe is how you keep interpreting it), but rather that the internetā€™s preconceptions of where the motorā€™s limit might be are a little conservative, when they might not have to be.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I think you meant to say dragy racers, not drag racers.
If those dragy times were taken while racing someone, does that mean Iā€™m a dragy drag racer?

If not, and I can only qualify to be a drag racer if I start from a standing stop, then you can keep the label. Iā€™m too broke to deal with all those problems šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
How long had you been running it at that boost? Had your tuner reviewed everything at that power?
I've done quite a few hits at 15psi and it was fine. Did only 1 dyno pull and 1 hit on the street at 16psi and it wasn't happy lol. Throwing studs and springs and a few other things in there now though so hopefully I can live in the 16-19 range at least for a while.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've done quite a few hits at 15psi and it was fine. Did only 1 dyno pull and 1 hit on the street at 16psi and it wasn't happy lol. Throwing studs and springs and a few other things in there now though so hopefully I can live in the 16-19 range at least for a while.
Should do fine šŸ‘Œ. Might check your heads while they're off

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Throw some oil pump gears on that thing and a twin turbobkit with fuel system and you will have all of the power you can handle.

You will be breaking axles and transmissions before the motor.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Should do fine šŸ‘Œ. Might check your heads while they're off
Yeah the plan is to get them resurfaced/ported and slap it back together with some cams in the coming weeks

Sponsored

Neil T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah the plan is to get them resurfaced/ported and slap it back together with some cams in the coming weeks
Oh you're about to come back out swinging forreal! I'll keep quiet lol.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Fun cars for sure.

My best piece of advice if you are a power-adder car is to keep your fuel tank above 1/2 when hammering on it and keep an eye on IATs.

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome you have a manual transmission. MT-82 or did you swap it? Any issues?
Sponsored