TERRIBLE Customer Experience

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I think this is a case of being extremely unlucky and at the recieving end of someone in shipping who has no idea how to package items and read labels. The lack of 'caring' from both AM and Roush left a pretty sour taste in my mouth for both Companies. I am completely writing off AM for any future purchases, i may give Roush a shot with a direct purchase but not in the immediate future
I certainly understand your frustration, but don't understand it with Roush? They manufactured the product and American Muscle distributes it. You didn't buy it direct from Roush, you got it from a distributor of theirs. Asking them to fix an issue with AM seems odd to me. I'm not attacking, I just don't understand the your thought process. Why are you turned off by Roush products? Did I miss something in this thread? I saw where it was miss shipped twice and there was damage from poor packaging but both those things appear to fall on AM's shoulders.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I certainly understand your frustration, but don't understand it with Roush? They manufactured the product and American Muscle distributes it. You didn't buy it direct from Roush, you got it from a distributor of theirs. Asking them to fix an issue with AM seems odd to me. I'm not attacking, I just don't understand the your thought process. Why are you turned off by Roush products? Did I miss something in this thread? I saw where it was miss shipped twice and there was damage from poor packaging but both those things appear to fall on AM's shoulders.
Here's the problem:
- Roush claimed it's not their problem and I have to deal with AM.
- AM Claimed it wasn't their fault and they had no control over it

What i found out:
- It was Roush's problem and issue. Roush provided the kits to AM and they were all labeled incorrectly with the wrong parts in the wrong boxes. AM wouldn't have known this unless I complained to the point where i had their warehouse open boxes to check, which they ended up doing.

Roush was the problem, AM eshasterbated it by me having to deal with 8-10 people before i got someone competent enough to take action.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@FunkinGoNuts, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Roush built the product, packaged it and sent it to AM, who in turn sold it to you. If good quality control had been implemented at Roush, the mix up of parts would not have happened. Lastly, Roush should have packaged the product properly, with full anticipation that it would likely go through hell during the shipping process.

No customer should ever be given the runaround about a problem that they were in no way responsible for. That’s called: “passing the buck,” whereas it should have gone something like this: “Sir/Ma’am, we are very sorry for the inconvenience that our (show of ownership of the problem), mishap has caused you. We are on it and will have a new one properly packaged and sent out to you immediately.” That is called: “The buck stops here!”

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I get what you’re saying, but it’s not cool for a business to be ghosting customers that are spending their hard earned with them. If there is a delay, get proactive and let the customer know what’s up. A simple email or phone call is all it takes..
That goes without saying. 100%. Letting folks know is basic.
I do think though that a lot of businesses have been decimated by labor shortages, new help if they are lucky enough to get any, has to be trained. That takes time and a LOT of it, plus a multitude of other new issues associated as a result of COVID both business and personal.
Remember, people who have businesses also can have a mom on a ventilator, a brother who suddenly passed away, A dog at the vet, Etc. Etc.
I’m not making excuses. But now, more than ever we need to cut each other some slack until this all shakes out.
I’m getting stock in from vendors that’s mis labeled because THEY are using new labor. We realized we have to open each unit of each shipment before it goes out because the manufacturers labeling cannot be relied on lately. It’s a crazy time.
Sponsored

Last edited: