Sponsored

Sync swap

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Im sure me or zach will be tempted and give this a shot in the near future. We upgraded bases to MFT. Now its just a step over to the sync 3
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Im sure me or zach will be tempted and give this a shot in the near future. We upgraded bases to MFT. Now its just a step over to the sync 3

What was the cost to go from base to mft? I'm wondering what the used market would be for my mft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Perf Pack, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Do you want a spaceship or a muscle car? Unless it fires bullets, missiles or lasers, it's not worth the $2K upgrade.

robrichtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance package
Man - I'd like something other than Sync 2. It's awkward, and the voice controls are bulky and hard to use. I am very much looking forward to some kind of upgrade over Sync 2.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
You can upgrade to SYNC 3.. I can provide the parts.. they are expensive.. since you have to replace APIM and the screen.. and right now the APIM is a dealer only situation. And if you do it I would get the APIM with NAV because you can't force Nav onto SYNC 3 APIMs..

If anyone is interested let me know.. I am in Dallas

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
You can upgrade to SYNC 3.. I can provide the parts.. they are expensive.. since you have to replace APIM and the screen.. and right now the APIM is a dealer only situation. And if you do it I would get the APIM with NAV because you can't force Nav onto SYNC 3 APIMs..

If anyone is interested let me know.. I am in Dallas
I'm in Dallas how difficult is this to do ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I'm in Dallas how difficult is this to do ?

Easy,,, I can do all the programming.. and we have to add a Nav antenna.. but no problem at all.. I can get the parts for you or put you with my parts guy to order the stuff.. and then when it comes Ill program it..

Cost.. APIM.. a 1000.. there is a 300$ core on these.. but the 1000 would include the core charge... the screen.. maybe about 400...

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Holy *hit !! Wow i could get the harcode original 2016 carplay system integrated and everything for less than that ! Not knocking your stuff or anything but damn . I just had a slight heart attack hearing that

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Holy *hit !! Wow i could get the harcode original 2016 carplay system integrated and everything for less than that ! Not knocking your stuff or anything but damn . I just had a slight heart attack hearing that

It isn't my stuff.. the thread asked if SYNC 3 can be exchanged for Sync 2.. I said it could be.. these aren't my parts.. and those are the cost of the parts if someone wants to buy them.. until units hit eBay from wrecked cars that will be the cost.. and what are you talking about original hardcode car play? The parts I told you are Ford parts.. there is no other parts you can get for a true Ford SYNC 3.. APIM and screen from Ford parts Dept..

Anyways.. like I said.. you can change to SYNC 3 but it will be expensive for the near future..

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
It isn't my stuff.. the thread asked if SYNC 3 can be exchanged for Sync 2.. I said it could be.. these aren't my parts.. and those are the cost of the parts if someone wants to buy them.. until units hit eBay from wrecked cars that will be the cost.. and what are you talking about original hardcode car play? The parts I told you are Ford parts.. there is no other parts you can get for a true Ford SYNC 3.. APIM and screen from Ford parts Dept..

Anyways.. like I said.. you can change to SYNC 3 but it will be expensive for the near future..
So what your saying is find a wrecked car lolol jkjk and so you know car play isn't a Ford only feature... Android iPhone integration like that was originally on headunits designed exactly like what sync 3 will have, is already in Honda ,Hyundai etc. The original system is in car toys I I can't remember the name but there's Android auto and apple carplay this has been out since 2014 but not widely adapted. System is like 600$ and can be integrated to have everything work exactly like fords system ! Believe me I know my buddy is manager there and has done on multiple fords already. Thats the option I'm considering but just seems like a waist for me to have to toss out my sync2 since its practically worthless

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So what your saying is find a wrecked car lolol jkjk and so you know car play isn't a Ford only feature... Android iPhone integration like that was originally on headunits designed exactly like what sync 3 will have, is already in Honda ,Hyundai etc. The original system is in car toys I I can't remember the name but there's Android auto and apple carplay this has been out since 2014 but not widely adapted. System is like 600$ and can be integrated to have everything work exactly like fords system ! Believe me I know my buddy is manager there and has done on multiple fords already. Thats the option I'm considering but just seems like a waist for me to have to toss out my sync2 since its practically worthless

Never said car play is. car play isn't even a ford feature yet.. but yes.. finding wrecked car is something people do all the time for parts.. APIMs on eBay almost all are from wrecked cars.. What I did say is SYNC 3 is exclusive to ford..

there are a million after market options.. but like I said.. this thread was about changing from Sync 2 to SYNC 3.. that was it.. so when you asked.. thats what I was talking about..

Me personally... I am going to swap to SYNC 3.. but only once I find an APIM cheaper from a wrecked car on eBay in about 6 months or a year..
Sponsored