Sync swap

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Thanks for the update. Figured with the OEM parts it would be pricey. I think people are confused about what Sync 3 is and what Car Play/Android Auto are. You did indeed answer the thread topic of a Sync 2 to Sync 3 swap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Thanks for the update. Figured with the OEM parts it would be pricey. I think people are confused about what Sync 3 is and what Car Play/Android Auto are. You did indeed answer the thread topic of a Sync 2 to Sync 3 swap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Thank you..

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So, I can switch my stock sync 2 stuff for sync 3 stuff and have a working sync 3 for $1,400?

I already have NAV so would I need anything other than head unit and screen?

And sync 3 can be upgraded with Apple car play?

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
So, I can switch my stock sync 2 stuff for sync 3 stuff and have a working sync 3 for $1,400?

Yes yes and yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes yes and yes

So your saying I will also still need a new antenna and the one I have now isn't re usable?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
No I wouldn't assume you would the guy said if you don't have nav you'd need the antenna but if you do I would think you don't same antenna I'm sure

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No I wouldn't assume you would the guy said if you don't have nav you'd need the antenna but if you do I would think you don't same antenna I'm sure

Thanks for your help. I'm on the fence but I don't feel like replacing my antenna for a new one. Swapping the head unit and screen is no big deal

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

Yes.. if you have Navigation now or don't.. if you want sync 3 with or without navigation you would still need an antenna

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Sync 3 APIMs are different.. Sync 3 needs antenna for nav or non nav APIMS.. if you want to upgrade to SYNC 3 you will need

A sync 3 APIM (about 1000$)
A new display as the new ones are capacitive (about 400$)
A navigation antenna
You will need a cable for the APIM to the Display as the new APIM connects to the display differently than the old one.

And you will need programming done.. I can do this

AND KEEP THIS IN MIND>> YOU CANNOT ADD NAVIGATION TO SYNC 3 APIMS THAT DO NOT HAVE NAV. SO IF YOU WANT SYNC 3 WITH NAV YOU HAVE TO GET A NAV SYNC 3 APIM.

Sync 2 you can add navigation to the APIM in the car no problem.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Sync 3 APIMs are different.. Sync 3 needs antenna for nav or non nav APIMS.. if you want to upgrade to SYNC 3 you will need

A sync 3 APIM (about 1000$)
A new display as the new ones are capacitive (about 400$)
A navigation antenna
You will need a cable for the APIM to the Display as the new APIM connects to the display differently than the old one.

And you will need programming done.. I can do this

AND KEEP THIS IN MIND>> YOU CANNOT ADD NAVIGATION TO SYNC 3 APIMS THAT DO NOT HAVE NAV. SO IF YOU WANT SYNC 3 WITH NAV YOU HAVE TO GET A NAV SYNC 3 APIM.

Sync 2 you can add navigation to the APIM in the car no problem.
How do you add nav to sync 2 ? I'm curious

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So what would be the total nut?
I would say with tax 1800 or so.. maybe 2 with programming.. like I said earlier.. there is a 300$ core on the new APIMs.. that sucks and is a reason I am waiting but if you can't wait and want factory ford SYNC 3 .. I would just plan on 2 k.. could be less.. but that would be what I put in my mind.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
How do you add nav to sync 2 ? I'm curious

Well .. I can't tell you as that is how I currently make a living.. I do this for dealers a lot.. I was the first person to do Sync 3.. but is can be done and I can do it without taking your car apart .. I can do a lot of things..

Off topic but rather than unplug anything I can reconfigure your ACM to eliminate the fake engine noise enhancement..

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Well .. I can't tell you as that is how I currently make a living.. I do this for dealers a lot.. I was the first person to do Sync 3.. but is can be done and I can do it without taking your car apart .. I can do a lot of things..

Off topic but rather than unplug anything I can reconfigure your ACM to eliminate the fake engine noise enhancement..
I meant to how much lol

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB

If you are providing all the parts including the APIM screen and so on can you install it on a 2016 base model?

I was thinking about doing an MFT swap but if I can go straight to sync3 on my base I might be interested.
Sponsored