Sync swap

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I meant to how much lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I will do it for you for 599. I include the A6 SD card.. and it is nice because it activates the travel link features.. and that is 200 less than window sticker.. plus its less then I charge dealers... so shhhhh
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
If you are providing all the parts including the APIM screen and so on can you install it on a 2016 base model?

I was thinking about doing an MFT swap but if I can go straight to sync3 on my base I might be interested.
Yes.. we can do that.. there is more involved in that upgrade to go from the small to large screen.. but can be done.. are you in dallas?

I saw you aren't.. My brother is in canada.. ha ha.. maybe I would have to make a visit.. they didn't want me in there last time though.. ha ha

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Yes.. we can do that.. there is more involved in that upgrade to go from the small to large screen.. but can be done.. are you in dallas?

I saw you aren't.. My brother is in canada.. ha ha.. maybe I would have to make a visit.. they didn't want me in there last time though.. ha ha
Unfortunately no. I am in Calgary Canada. But, I'm plannning a road trip though the states in the summer.

I may still end up doing an MFT swap. Will cost a little less than $1000CAD for me which is like $700US.... But lets see

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Unfortunately no. I am in Calgary Canada. But, I'm plannning a road trip though the states in the summer.

I may still end up doing an MFT swap. Will cost a little less than $1000CAD for me which is like $700US.... But lets see
Yes.. as of right now you can get parts for that for much less.. the problem is parts availability lacking .. I can only get them from the dealer.. in a few months.. cars will be getting wrecked and showing up on eBay.. only 4 cars are sold with sync 3 right now and one of them just started shipping..

16 Escape
16 Focus
16 Mustang
16 F-150 and it JUST started shipping..

So if you guys run into a used APIM let me know.. I will let you know if it has nav or not.. they look identical..

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

Jason is a lot closer to you in Wisconsin... he is awesome.. he is someone I highly respect and he can help you and he is closer to you.. he is the one that worked with the guy that did a conversion on here..

Sponsored

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Yes.. as of right now you can get parts for that for much less.. the problem is parts availability lacking .. I can only get them from the dealer.. in a few months.. cars will be getting wrecked and showing up on eBay.. only 4 cars are sold with sync 3 right now and one of them just started shipping..

16 Escape
16 Focus
16 Mustang
16 F-150 and it JUST started shipping..

So if you guys run into a used APIM let me know.. I will let you know if it has nav or not.. they look identical..
Check your PM

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Check your PM
I tried.. I don't see anything.. maybe I am too new :shrug: never mind.. that isn't true.. I got one earlier.. I don't see one though from you

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I will do it for you for 599. I include the A6 SD card.. and it is nice because it activates the travel link features.. and that is 200 less than window sticker.. plus its less then I charge dealers... so shhhhh
What if u already have a6 card

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
What if u already have a6 card

Ill do it for 499.. just a deal.. that way you can report back for me.. if you decide to do it..

Sponsored

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I got my parts watching car-parts.com like a hawk and contacting salvage yards across the us that ship. Took some time and work. I paid $950 for my MFT swap from base with all the parts from 2015 mustangs.

Parts included
All the wiring
USB cable
Apim
Screen
Bezel
Acm
Multimedia module
Navigation card.

I will be doing a sync 3 swap when 2016 parts are more available. The work is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
... Sync 3 has basically mirror capabilities. You can mirror maps from your phone onto screen display all content from phone is physically visible from your car display. And it's just a hell of alot better

This might be a very silly question, but here goes
if you can mirror your phone display to the Sync3 screen, if you are watching a video, or say Sky (cable) from your phone, would that switch to the car screen?

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Can someone post the part numbers needed to do the swap?

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
So do we need a specific Sync3 model or are they all GPS capable, anybody know?
I know they are starting to hit the junk yards and I am about ready to snag one, if I dont go the Tesla Head Unit route.
Sponsored