Sponsored

Sync & Shaker logo/advertising delete

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sometimes it's the little things... Always hated the dumb logos on the interior. I don't need to be reminded that I have a Ford housebrand radio every time I get in the car.

gt350-interior-debadge-e1531515757203.jpg

gt350-interior-debadge-black-cover.jpg

gt350-interior-debadge-shift-boot-e1531515772562.jpg

FR3Z-7277-FA is the GT350 shift boot w/o Sync branding and FR3Z-6304752-AA is the black panel w/o "Shaker" branding. Note that if you find these on parts sites like Tasca, they will be listed as "with Sync" and "with premium sound" and the descriptions are BOTH F---ING WRONG. Ask me how I know...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
AWESOME!!!! I did not know I could buy a blank plate. Thanks man!
It's what comes on an R with the radio delete. Note that I also swapped the shift boot (and bezel, all one piece) out with the one from the R that has no "Sync" branding on it.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Seeing as we don't really have a Shaker stereo par say as you can get on the Mustang GT I still don't know why they put that written thing there in the first place. The 2016 didn't have it and the only thing Ford did was add one more speaker on the 17 and 18.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Kinda OT...but not really....sorta. Any comparison in sound between 16-17? Did those extra speakers make a worthwhile difference?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thumbs up Spart. I feel the same way about the "little things." Much cleaner now.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kinda OT...but not really....sorta. Any comparison in sound between 16-17? Did those extra speakers make a worthwhile difference?
It sounds pretty blah. Maaaaybe the trunk sub would improve things, but I suspect new drivers all around is the real cure.

I listen to the exhaust most of the time anyway. I’m too old for fancy car stereos... on most days.

Teuton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Voodoo 5.2
Sometimes it's the little things... Always hated the dumb logos on the interior. I don't need to be reminded that I have a Ford housebrand radio every time I get in the car.

Well done and thanks for posting. I will be copying you ASAP!

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If you don't want to be reminded about the sandisk brand, you can disable that USB port and have 2 in the console.

HC3Z-19A387-B

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
spart, could you mail me that advertising piece?

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Not knocking the mod, but I find it funny that you hate being reminded you have a Ford radio every time you get in the car, but felt there weren't enough GT350 logos so you had to add more (your shift knob). :D

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you don't want to be reminded about the sandisk brand, you can disable that USB port and have 2 in the console.

HC3Z-19A387-B
I actually had one of those in my base GT that I swapped Sync 3 into. It was kinda nice because with the base wiring harness, the port up front wasn't completely dead - it was just a charge-only port, plugged into the gray port on the APIM I believe.

You could probably get the same effect with the premium harness if you really wanted to. I don't mind the SanDisk brand - that's a very closeup shot and I can't really see the logo unless I'm looking for it. Also, it plugs that hole without being too obtrusive. Maybe I'll take some acetone to the logo someday. :like:

spart, could you mail me that advertising piece?
I'm keeping them in case I want to return the car to stock. Do you need the part number for it? Which one?

Not knocking the mod, but I find it funny that you hate being reminded you have a Ford radio every time you get in the car, but felt there weren't enough GT350 logos so you had to add more (your shift knob). :D
The GT350 brand to me is more important than "SHAKER"

That said I thought about doing a plain white knob like I had on my GT, but for the goofy GT350 threads (which are carried over on the MGW shifter) there aren't a ton of options. That's a Ford Performance knob. It grew on me after a while. I should be getting a custom knob from Anarchy Motive soon that has both the GT350 stylized text and GT350 cobra emblems, similar to this: (not my pics)

gt350-knob-top.jpg

gt350-knob-side.jpg

So uh... your criticism is valid. :crackup:

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I actually had one of those in my base GT that I swapped Sync 3 into. It was kinda nice because with the base wiring harness, the port up front wasn't completely dead - it was just a charge-only port, plugged into the gray port on the APIM I believe.

You could probably get the same effect with the premium harness if you really wanted to. I don't mind the SanDisk brand - that's a very closeup shot and I can't really see the logo unless I'm looking for it. Also, it plugs that hole without being too obtrusive. Maybe I'll take some acetone to the logo someday. :like:

I'm keeping them in case I want to return the car to stock. Do you need the part number for it? Which one?

The GT350 brand to me is more important than "SHAKER"

That said I thought about doing a plain white knob like I had on my GT, but for the goofy GT350 threads (which are carried over on the MGW shifter) there aren't a ton of options. That's a Ford Performance knob. It grew on me after a while. I should be getting a custom knob from Anarchy Motive soon that has both the GT350 stylized text and GT350 cobra emblems, similar to this: (not my pics)

gt350-knob-top.jpg

gt350-knob-side.jpg

So uh... your criticism is valid. :crackup:
Damn, I wish I'd have seen that design before I ordered my shift knob. That's pretty badass.
Sponsored