Not open for further replies.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
I’ve seen a lot of people have issues with used bezels if they were stored improperly or had water intrusion.
You're right...

image.jpg
Sponsored

Rhood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finish installing my Sync 3 kit from Hextall550. It went as smooth as silk no problems at all. I must give a big thanks to Thomas he is a true professional. If you are thinking about doing this upgrade, you can't go wrong with Hextall550. I bought one from another vendor and it was a problem from the start I retuned it and went with Hextall550 and never look back.
Thanks again.

JB2017V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeroen
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT ford mustang
I just finish installing my Sync 3 kit from Hextall550. It went as smooth as silk no problems at all. I must give a big thanks to Thomas he is a true professional. If you are thinking about doing this upgrade, you can't go wrong with Hextall550. I bought one from another vendor and it was a problem from the start I retuned it and went with Hextall550 and never look back.
Thanks again.
Because of all those kind of comments I also placed a order with him.
Just waiting for the whole kit to be collected and shipped (supply chain issues). Can't wait for it as I know it will be one of the better upgrades. :)

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Because of all those kind of comments I also placed a order with him.
Just waiting for the whole kit to be collected and shipped (supply chain issues). Can't wait for it as I know it will be one of the better upgrades. :)
The good news is antennas have arrived at the Ford PDC and we’re just waiting for customs 👍🏼

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
So, silly question that just dawned on me as I was sitting in my car staring into space...

The USB port underneath the hazard switch... Is that supposed to pass data for Android Auto, too, or just the port in the center console? It provides power but I've never gotten Android Auto to connect through it. Not a big deal since I got a nice braided cable and routed it from the center console along the passenger seat up to my phone mount between the center vents, but I was curious.

Also, for future possibilities, is there a USB Type C variant of the USB ports available or is it just the usual USB Type A that the car came stock with?

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Base to Sync 3 swap was done by myself but all parts were ordered by hell horse performance. The issues I’m having is with my climate controls, I have heat on all temps. I was wondering if that’s a programming issue.
Have you found a solution for this. Just installed mine and having the same problem.

ObsidianG1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1
hey guys im fairly new to the forum and i recently just installed my 4 to 8 swap . everything works as it should , but ive acquired a complete interior from a 17 with a shaker system with sub . obviously my car isnt wired for a dsp but im curious if there is a way i can make that dsp along with the oem sub work in my car ?? is a new acm required ??? i have alot planned for this car like leather H/C seats with memory but thats another topic , typically i would have just got the car i wanted but this one was given to me for pay off so i feel like i can afford to do some mods like this that just reallymakes no sense . but hey im up for the challenge. any help is appreciated thanks

Sponsored

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
You will have to add terminals to the base APIM connector for the Premium hubs. The Sync 3 hubs are simply power and ground. Pin 1 on the hub goes to Pin 8 on the APIM and Pin 4 on the hub goes to Pin 38 on the APIM. (Yes, there is a pin currently in 38 simply remove the existing pin and tape it back) this is part of our plug n play harness.
Do I need to do this if I have the
Bezel to Hub USB Cable FR3Z-14D202-B
APIM to Hub cable FR3Z-14D202-A

parts? A bit confused on this step.

Kyle Fulleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I did a MFT to Sync 3 w/NAV swap in my 2015. Everything works except I have one really weird issue with navigation. When I get in and start my car, navigation loads and shows my correct location. When I start driving, though, my location on the maps gets increasingly off the more I drive. For example, if I take off out my driveway and drive 500 ft down the road to the nearest intersection, about 3/4 of the way there my car will have already crossed the intersection on the map and i'll now be driving out in an open field across the road. It'll always show me traveling the correct direction, but my location on the map will seemingly keep getting farther and farther away from where I actually am the longer I drive.

At any point, I can go into the test settings and pull up the GPS coordinates via the location diagnostics screen and it's always a close match to where I actually am, but on the map i'll be nowhere even close. It seems to have no trouble getting a GPS lock, and the last I looked, it had a lock on 9 sats. During the install, I disconnected the old MFT GPS antenna/module under the center dash panel and installed a new one from 4DTech.

Anybody else come across this or have any suggestions? I'll be using Android Auto if I really need navigation, but it'll really bother the hell out of me just knowing that it's not working right and I can't use it if i'm in an area with no data connection.
What fixed this ?I am having the exact same issue. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The issues that you guys are having with the maps going off course is because of the aftermarket antennas. Even a high quality Trimble antenna, which is what we used from 2017-2019 will not work properly with Sync 3 APIMs.

Kyle Fulleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
The issues that you guys are having with the maps going off course is because of the aftermarket antennas. Even a high quality Trimble antenna, which is what we used from 2017-2019 will not work properly with Sync 3 APIMs.
What is the fix, to install a factory Sync 3 GPS antenna?

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Should the touchscreen turn on without reprogramming it through Forscan? I have a complete conversion including the AIPM and touchscreen and bezel, along with all the correct USB cables and HUB. The bezel turns on with the car but the touchscreen is blank and will not turn on/respond to touch. Is this because I haven't reprogrammed anything with Forscan, or is this an actual issue with the screen?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.