Not open for further replies.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I think you are supposed to connect with mscan and then it should prompt you to switch to hscan after it reads the modules. You verify your extended license for forscan is still good?
Well to update.

Was doing a MFT to Sync 3 swap on the Wifes MKZ and ran into the same problem. It wouldn't connect. Now I was like WTF. Can't be the car has to be the adapter or software.
Un installed and re installed forscan. Got a new license which didn't mater since it goes by software ID. Did'nt make a difference still wouldn't connect.

I said fuck it. I guess I need a new adapter.
I pulled it out and I have no idea why but I looked at the pins and sure enough ONE was bent inwards.. hahaah

Straitened it would a flat head and hooked it back up. Bam works fine.
Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So I hit a bit of a snag with my sync 3 upgrade. I have been running sync2 using the stock base 4.2" electronics and bezel layout for the past 3.5-4 years. My plan was to continue using this but the circuit board that connects the screen to the apim interferes with my stock 4.2" electronics. Is it possible to get longer ribbon cables to connect the screen to the circuit board? Does anyone happen to know what ribbon cable I would need and where I could purchase them? If that is not an option, where have you guys been getting the premium bezel from? The prices on ebay are crazy for this part.
No idea about the ribbon part but you can find the bezel's in the junk yards and I think some some vendors sell them.

Last edited:

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I got sync 3 installed today. Everything seems to be working , but I haven't changed the FCIM or the ACM in Forscan yet. I still need to update because the APIM I got is on version 2.2. Is there any way to make both driver and passenger temperature change temp in the vehicle or a way to keep both of these in sync? Such as the driver changes temp to 75 and it automatically changes passenger and vice versa.

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Bull1tt just click on the dual button on the climate screen. Also do your Forscan changes for maximum results. Then update to your sync, V 3.xx works much better and faster for me.

Then just use an iPhone with carbridge and enjoy watching Youtube.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that you hit dual button, but as soon as the passenger hits their button it cancels that. Lol. I have an Escape that is running on version 3.x so i just need to get the time to update the Mustang.

Sponsored

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got everything programmed and put back together but still have the following DTC's that I can't get rid of. I attached a pic of my Forscan screen for the FCIM. Any advice?

FCIM
B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor
B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor
B11E6 - Right HVAC Damper Position Sensor

APIM
U028 - Lost Communicatin with Digital Audio Control Module D

ForscanFCIM.jpg

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
can any body help me with my situation. i did the sync 3 swap on my car and it all worked perfect.
Now Drag mode doesnt work. All other modes work perfect. The only difference to my car is that i retuned my car with a different tuner. When i used forscan to program the swap it asked me for a stragety code to acces all the modules i got the code from my x4 tuner i just simply typed it on forscan and it worked. Now i believe the Stragety code is different but idk if thats the issue. like i said all modes work except drag mode

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Where can I purchase just a recaro bezel without the heat seat button? I swapped the SYNC3, and currently my car has a bezel with buttons. But I would like to install the one without buttons.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Recaro bezels are on National backorder with no ETA. We will have the first 6 that are released to service distribution.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
2 of those FCIM DTCs are an artifact of this swap. You can’t write them out. The other is incorrect data. The APIM DTC is because your ACM data is wrong

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Anyone with the new module with sync 3.4 on theirs have the POI's loading. I am getting the following blank screens when I try to search for POI's
Thanks
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.