Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
PM'ed looking for the adapter harness got everything else on the way. Planning on doing a video of the process
Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Sweet!!!!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you use that the USB on the bezel will not work
To be clear, it will charge, but not connect. I have the dual port hub.

Also means you don't have to run a USB cable from the hub to the front port.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I found a vid of a guy doing the swap on YouTube, but he didn't do any reprogramming of the system with FORScan. Is the part needed?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Does anybody make the harnesses needed to go from base to Sync 3 or do you have to modify the existing harness in the car?

Sponsored

brownm93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium m/t guard
This thread is gold. Thanks so much. I do have a specific and rather wordy question though...
I purchased all the parts needed to do this swap (APIM w/nav, usb hub, gps antenna, and scan tool) on my 2015 Ecoboost premium non-performance pack model (mft to sync3). I seem to have a decent understanding of what I need to do to get it working properly with forscan. I plan on doing the performance pack center dash panel/gauge swap at the same time while I have everything apart. I found a 2017 VIN that is an exact match to my car. As I understand it, I can have my tuner (Tune+) enable the oil pressure gauge on the performance pack gauges to get it working correctly in my tune file. Will enabling this have any effect on the reflashed APIM or will flashing the APIM in forscan have any effect on the tune at all? Should I flash the car back to stock before I do any rewrites to the APIM?

If I find a VIN with the performance pack option and flash the as built data for that car to the APIM will that work or will it screw up my speedometer (or navigation) readings due to the 3.31 vs 3.55 rear end? Can I just ignore the PP option on the VIN, flash the APIM from a non PP model like mine and have Tune+ enable the oil pressure gauge? Ive read through most of the thread and searched, but just not sure what communicates with what, and want to know what I might be getting myself into before I start, as I'd prefer not to do things more than once.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
This thread is gold. Thanks so much. I do have a specific and rather wordy question though...
I purchased all the parts needed to do this swap (APIM w/nav, usb hub, gps antenna, and scan tool) on my 2015 Ecoboost premium non-performance pack model (mft to sync3). I seem to have a decent understanding of what I need to do to get it working properly with forscan. I plan on doing the performance pack center dash panel/gauge swap at the same time while I have everything apart. I found a 2017 VIN that is an exact match to my car. As I understand it, I can have my tuner (Tune+) enable the oil pressure gauge on the performance pack gauges to get it working correctly in my tune file. Will enabling this have any effect on the reflashed APIM or will flashing the APIM in forscan have any effect on the tune at all? Should I flash the car back to stock before I do any rewrites to the APIM?

If I find a VIN with the performance pack option and flash the as built data for that car to the APIM will that work or will it screw up my speedometer (or navigation) readings due to the 3.31 vs 3.55 rear end? Can I just ignore the PP option on the VIN, flash the APIM from a non PP model like mine and have Tune+ enable the oil pressure gauge? Ive read through most of the thread and searched, but just not sure what communicates with what, and want to know what I might be getting myself into before I start, as I'd prefer not to do things more than once.
IIRC the major difference between Mustang APIM as-built is whether or not you have parking sensors. Somebody else should confirm that - I could be wrong.

The rest of the stuff you mentioned isn't going to be affected by any APIM as-built. The axle ratio for instance is setup in the BCM and PCM. Pretty much all Mustangs will have the same-ish as-built for the APIM. If your APIM is from a Mustang, you could drop that thing in and it'll function. Obviously you still need to do the GPS antenna and hub so their respective feature work, but there's not a lot to it.

ETA: and Nav, probably. Duh.

Last edited:

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All the parts are ordered and Hopefully I will have them by next week sometime!
I got the Sync3 with NAV because I travel to places with no cell coverage and my car came with NAV. I found a salvage yard through Car-part and they validated that the unit came with NAV and I have the VIN for it. I got the owner on the phone and told him the whole story. He said that If I have any issues with it he will take it back and If I need any other parts he will track them down for future projects. Great Customer service.

https://www.neautotruckrecycler.com/

Thanks to HextallS550 for the USB adapter cable!
I got the New GPS antenna from Amazon
I got the Hub through an e-bay retailer

More updates to come!

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Things will get easier pretty soon for this swap, I received the final version of the APIM connector I improved. So everything for plug n play is ready to assemble

5_A1_E35_B1_AE7_D_49_D8_B72_C_8_CC3_EFC6_D7_C0.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Things will get easier pretty soon for this swap, I received the final version of the APIM connector I improved. So everything for plug n play is ready to assemble

5_A1_E35_B1_AE7_D_49_D8_B72_C_8_CC3_EFC6_D7_C0.jpg
Do you need a guinea pig? :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.