Sponsored

Switching to a convertable

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
My coupe got totaled when some texting idiot drove into it while it was parked.
I loved that car which was "guard"
I am now going to order a convertible , which you guys might think is stupid as I live in New England
It is easier to get a convertible with a spoiler delete which I prefer. The Bullit has no spoiler but there are other things I dislike about the Bullit, like the badges. (I did like the green)
Finally the "Build and Price" is up and available for 2021
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Hi, convertible owner here. Is this new vert going to be a daily driver or put away in the winter? The reason I ask is with you being in New England you probably see a lot of snow every winter and I would be concerned about the weight of the snow on the convertible top, and what the salt and/or chemicals will do to the canvas top if exposed to them. I live in the Cleveland area and mine gets stored every year from Halloween to mid April.

Another concern is with repeated snow build up, ice may form around the seals and allow snow and/or water run off to get down into the top well and prematurely rot the floor.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
If you're looking at 2021s, there is no Bullitt, and the convertibles aren't offered in green. But you know that, if you've looked at the "build & price".
If you want a convertible, and can protect it from the NE winters, you have my approval. Is that what you're asking?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have a GT convertible, my second (a '16 and my current '19), both have been pretty excellent, really good execution on a convertible. The '16 was a manual PP car, my '19 is also a PP car, but with the A10 (and also with Magneride, which is stellar). I'm in Florida, so it can be used all year around, and mostly with the top down (it was 73Ëš yesterday ...)

Anyway, I guess the one thing I'd question, is getting a convertible just because it offers a spoiler delete[?] I'd get the car I preferred, spoiler or not, and resolve the latter through some other mechanism (an aftermarket spoiler I did like, or a trunk lid swap). I've often said, you're either a convertible person, or you're not, and you know if you are. If you're at all hesitant about owning one - especially given your location - I'd really take some time before making the commitment.

Just my $0.02

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hi, convertible owner here. Is this new vert going to be a daily driver or put away in the winter? The reason I ask is with you being in New England you probably see a lot of snow every winter and I would be concerned about the weight of the snow on the convertible top, and what the salt and/or chemicals will do to the canvas top if exposed to them. I live in the Cleveland area and mine gets stored every year from Halloween to mid April.

Another concern is with repeated snow build up, ice may form around the seals and allow snow and/or water run off to get down into the top well and prematurely rot the floor.
OFFS.

You do know Ford actually sells metric shit tons of convertible Mustangs that are DD'd year-round, right? They test those tops, and make sure they're good for several years.

Do it OP, and DD the shit outta that thing.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I love convertibles, they're awesome!

Once the weather warms up, it'll be worth the extra $$$. Sure, need a roll bar to track/drag it, but those beautiful days half the year and that one January day make it all worth it.

What color and trans?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If it has a fixed roof, it needs 4 doors! I hate coupes, the back seat is useless. I would not be without a convertible. My GT is not a daily driver, simply because I don't drive very much any more. But, in my younger days, I drove some pretty outrageous convertibles (Viper, Vette and S2000) through some pretty nasty winters, for a total of 9 years and they were daily drivers. Hell, the Viper didn't even have side windows or door handles.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If it has a fixed roof, it needs 4 doors! I hate coupes, the back seat is useless. I would not be without a convertible. My GT is not a daily driver, simply because I don't drive very much any more. But, in my younger days, I drove some pretty outrageous convertibles (Viper, Vette and S2000) through some pretty nasty winters, for a total of 9 years and they were daily drivers. Hell, the Viper didn't even have side windows or door handles.
giphy.gif

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a GT convertible, my second (a '16 and my current '19), both have been pretty excellent, really good execution on a convertible. The '16 was a manual PP car, my '19 is also a PP car, but with the A10 (and also with Magneride, which is stellar). I'm in Florida, so it can be used all year around, and mostly with the top down (it was 73Ëš yesterday ...)

Anyway, I guess the one thing I'd question, is getting a convertible just because it offers a spoiler delete[?] I'd get the car I preferred, spoiler or not, and resolve the latter through some other mechanism (an aftermarket spoiler I did like, or a trunk lid swap). I've often said, you're either a convertible person, or you're not, and you know if you are. If you're at all hesitant about owning one - especially given your location - I'd really take some time before making the commitment.

Just my $0.02
One way or the other, the tops gotta come off. Nothing in the world like it. The sound of the engine. The sun in your face. The moon and stars at night on Blueberry Hill.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
MGTD Big Bear.jpg
My first convertible (twelve of 36 vehicles). Started with this 1953 MG TD Midget, done some other styles, but always come back. I can state unequivocally that when this Polaroid J66 picture was made in 1961, the top was up. Up in the rafters of the garage.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
MGTD Big Bear.jpg
My first convertible (twelve of 36 vehicles). Started with this 1953 MG TD Midget, done some other styles, but always come back. I can state unequivocally that when this Polaroid J66 picture was made in 1961, the top was up. Up in the rafters of the garage.
That brings back memories. A few years ago, I tried to buy this MG, but he sold it to somebody else, while I was busy deciding! http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DavePlumley-MG-TD.htm

The car was actually in Pennsylvania, at the time.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
No, not me. I had a 'Vert in my younger days. I hate the big blind spot on the B pillars, which is how you will drive the car 95% of the time. Plus, I have visions of the movie "Tommyboy" happening to me.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase