Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What do you mean by this? --> "They are really only noticed when pulling over the driveway curb at an angle, etc." Did they creak or bind or make noise?

No, I was referring to stiffness only and not NVH issues.

My car is a little of everything: daily, track, vacay, luxury, etc. Therefore I don't ever want to lower it. Nor do I want to make it stiffer sprung than PP1 Magneride. Been there, done that, hated my car, and wife refused to ride in it.

The nice thing about stiffer swaybars on a stock suspension is you get the enjoyable ride of stock spring stiffness, but with stiffening during harder cornering. Basically, the stiffer sway bar "leverages" the spring rate of the inside wheel spring to limit body roll and maintain suspension geometry.

So when you are driving on straight roads around town, you don't notice any increased ride stiffness. But when you enter your driveway with a mild curb at the street, now your car is simulating a side load at very load speed. That is when you notice the stiffness of the bars. Get it?

And replace the front with a ford performance GT350R non adjustable bar w rubber bushings or the M-5490-G ford performance front bar. Which front should i go with, knowing that my rear is BMR 25mm and poly bushings?

I can't advise you on this, especially with all your other mods. However if you remain on stock springs for the enjoyable ride quality, then stiffer bars are a good way to go. I'd say you'd want to keep the front/rear bar stiffness fairly well matched. You would have to compare the stiffness of the rear BMR bar to the Ford 350R bar. If comparable, then get the 350 front bar. If it is much stiffer then you may still want an aftermarket stiff front bar.

How [much] NVH w the GT350R bars? I have the BMR bars w poly bushings and the racket is outta control. I think I made a mistake choosing BMR and polys... the adjustable bars are too much to figure out. I wanna slap the bars on and be done.

I haven't read the entire thread to see what specifically is your NVH issue. You can expect a little more noise when crossing the seams in the road with any stiffer bar. But clunking, creaking, etc. during slow speed is a problem to be troubleshot and solved. There are other threads with problems such as end links not tight enough, or links or bar ends hitting other parts, strut top nut not tight enough, etc. So you may be able to save your front BMR with a little more research on the forums.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mikepol2 said:
If I remember correctly one bar was the same between the 350 and the 350R and the other was different, I got the R bar. Very nice quiet ride, not adjustable.
Anthony: Thanks for reply. R bar for FRONT?

I've had my Ford bars on two cars now. When I ordered them 6 years ago the same front bar was on the 350 and 350R car, but the 350R bar was a little stiffer. I wanted whatever had the least understeer so I went with the R rear bar. And they were so affordable back then!

Have you considered changing just the front bushings? You could compare front bar diameters for BMR and Ford. Perhaps the Ford rubber bushing will match your BMR diameter. You may also need the Ford brackets so as to match the Ford bushings. Wouldn't cost too much to experiment with that.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Thanks for reply. R bar for FRONT?
Anthony
I honestly don’t remember but if you look up the part numbers in my post maybe it will list that info.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
The 350R is stiffer than 350. There are threads that discuss the differences in Ford bars. They are not adjustable. But if you reach the level of wanting adjustment you might be able to drill an extra hole in the flat area at each end.

I used dry graphite lube for my bushings. Perfect application solution.

I run GT350 front bar and 350R rear bar. They were the stiffest Ford bars available.

I also wanted them due to a fair price and I also did not have the experience or means to determine where to set an adjustable bar.

My logic was that as you go up in performance level of Mustangs (GT, PP, 350, 350R), the rear bar especially gets stiffer. Meaning less and less understeer, ie supposedly for a more experienced driver.

I run stock PP1 suspension with magneride and square wheel setups, one each for track and DD. So the ride is perfectly fine as daily because only the bars are stiffer. They are really only noticed when pulling over the driveway curb at an angle, etc.

On track I can tell that my cars handling is closer to neutral than before. It still pushes into the slowest corners and I suspect it always will like most front engine cars. Camber plates also helped reduce understeer. In higher speed corners I can steer with the throttle, which is why I go to the track! An instructor drove my car (and faster than me, haha). He was a Mustang GT owner and he thought my car was pretty neutral. And this was before the camber plates.

So in conclusion, if you want to not overthink it and save money then get these bars and enjoy.
I read you have magnaride suspension, I don't have it. Can i still get the GT350R sway bar without magner ride? My car is GT non PP.

Thanks Anthony

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Magneride is just electronically controlled magnetic damping fluid shock absorber. No mechanical conflicts with the sway bars.

To clarify, there is no 350R bar for the front. I believe the same bar is used on the 350 and 350R cars. Unless Ford added one since I last checked (5-6 years ago).

Just go with Mikepol2 post# 31 and you can't go wrong. It's the setup I'm running.
Again, it's possible that if the Ford 350 front bar is 34mm then you might get away with using those (and matching brackets) on your BMR front bar. But yes, it is a pain to deal with the front sway bar, even if you only want to change just the bushings.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi-
Thanks for reply. YES, def had synthetic grease put on bushings. I never had any noise, creak, clunk or anything until i put BMR sway bar on car. The polys are just plain noisey. I am going to swap the GT350R fron sway bar in soon and be done. Its got rubber bushings and non adjustable which is fine. I will leave the BMR rear on, since it has greaseable fittings and isnt giving me any problems. The front is a PITA!!
What is your opinion? My suspension set up is 2021 GT non PP. I just added Steeda front lower K member brace, Steeda rear IRS braces, Steeda rear IRS bushing kit and Steeda delrin vertical links, Boomba poly trans bushing. Everything else is stock, springs and struts.

Thanks Anthony
Could it be the k member brace that is causing you problems and not the BMR Sway Bar. I have Steeda front sway bar and really happy with it. But if you are set on GT350 front sway bar then go with it. Something to note here is that front OEM bushings are glued to the front bar (not sure if the GT350 ones are that way) which mean that the bar is not rotating freely and this can cause issues. Overall ford design for the oem bushings sucks. So I don't get why you need to go back to them.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
No, the 350 bars (both F and R) are not bonded/glued to the bar. Or at least my ‘17 is not.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I thought my 350 front bar came with the bushings/brackets attached and that they would not rotate. Making installation even harder.

But my memory could be faulty. It's been 3 years since I installed it. If the part# shows it as a full assembly, then they probably don't rotate.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a set of Sway Bars, which brand would be the best bang for the buck? 2021 ford mustang GT non PP car.

Thanks Anthony
H&R Sport hands down!!! No comparison. Everything else just feels cheaper..🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Could it be the k member brace that is causing you problems and not the BMR Sway Bar. I have Steeda front sway bar and really happy with it. But if you are set on GT350 front sway bar then go with it. Something to note here is that front OEM bushings are glued to the front bar (not sure if the GT350 ones are that way) which mean that the bar is not rotating freely and this can cause issues. Overall ford design for the oem bushings sucks. So I don't get why you need to go back to them.
Hi-
Thanks for your replies and help as always grateful. =) It could be the Steeda K member brace or sway bar, I am not taking the chances with time constraints w my job and lift access to the shop. I gotta fix this problem ASAP!! So i already ordered the BMR lower front K member brace and new GT350R front bar.
I dont think the bushings are attached to bar, it doesnt not appear that way. But i will know in a few days via levittown ford.
What is the best lubricant for the bushings? BMR told me SYHNTHETIC LUBE GREASE, that i bought from them already. But i don't trust that w front bar since there is no zrytec fittings like there rear bar.
I NEVER HAD ANY NOISES, CLUNKS W STOCK GT NON PP BARS, until i swapped on the BMRs...

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
No, the 350 bars (both F and R) are not bonded/glued to the bar. Or at least my ‘17 is not.
I agree, from the pics anyways. They cant be glued, ford sells them individually in a set for replacement purposes.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I thought my 350 front bar came with the bushings/brackets attached and that they would not rotate. Making installation even harder.

But my memory could be faulty. It's been 3 years since I installed it. If the part# shows it as a full assembly, then they probably don't rotate.
Thanks GTP for always helping me, man. Grateful!!! I will keep us all posted lol when i get parts in 2 days. What type of lubricant should i use for the front bushings?

Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
H&H Sport hands down!!! No comparison. Everything else just feels cheaper..🤷‍♂️
Thanks for your input dude. I already ordered the front GT350R bar. Leaving the rear BMR w poly buhsings in there alone for now as it doesnt make a racket.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys-

The BMR bars diameter is front --> 35mm
rear --> 25mm

The GT350R bars diameter is front -->34mm
rear -->24mm

I am replacing front bar with the GT350R bar and rubber bushings to hopefully quiet that thing down, and im not one to screw around w ADJUSTABLE bars, so i can care less. I just want better bars and no NOISE.
Question is --> Do you think replacing the front BMR bar at 35mm & poly bushings w the GT350R bar at 34mm w rubber bushings would affect the suspension flow?? that small 1mm difference... Remember I am leaving the REAR BMR BAR w poly bushings in place.

Please let me know your thoughts.
As always THANK YOU!!!
Anthony

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone have the Ford performance sway bars? Any thoughts on these...
Thanks Anthony
I have this kit, as I have Magneride: https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-mustang-magneride-handling-pack-m-9602-m.html
Front swaybar 37mm, rear 25.2mm

but this is the same kit for non-Magneride: https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

Highly recommend a swaybar, spring, shock suspension kit... unless you have Magneride (don't need shocks). Springs and swaybars work together. Too soft a spring and the swaybar has to work harder. Not to mention slightly lowering changes the overall center of gravity, means swaybar works even less as hard.

As far as aftermarket... been there. Too many creeks and moans.. also polyurethane bushings get noisy after a while.
Sponsored