Swapping PCM's

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
So I have a tech pack 2016 GT350 and one of my friends has the same model, tech pack as well. I have the Lethal Performance power pack that uses their catless mid pipes, ngauge with lund tune, and intake. I'm gonna switch back to stock setup and my friend is going to buy my kit from me.

So the NGauge is tied to my PCM I'm pretty sure, and in order to get it to work on his, I'm assuming a new tune would have to be purchased from Lund. Am I correct in that assumption?

To avoid that, and since his PCM has never been tuned, I'm wondering if the PCM's are interchangeable between cars? I have a Charger Scatpack, and when tuning them I have read the PCM's can be swapped out with aftermarket ones since the stock ones have encryption on them. If we can swap PCM's, then there wouldn't be a need to order a new tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tat2bass

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
Anyone have any input?

Does anyone know if it would instantly mess anything up if we were to swap them and at least try it?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I doubt that anyone knows the answer. PCM's are coded to the VIN, which many modules are not. It might be possible to "uncode" the one you're moving and "recode" it for the new car, then flash it up to the aftermarket tune from there. But from the lack of response, it seems there's nobody on this forum that's actually done that.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im guessing the key is chipped so the ECU is coded to that so they arent swappable unless you have the proper software.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
It'd probably be pain and a lot easier to pay the couple hundred to get Lund to give you the unlock code for the nGauge.
Sponsored