Sponsored

Swapping Seats

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Anyone getting a tech pack who would like to swap seats for Recaros?... And vice versa?
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah, actually. Tech pack but would highly consider swapping to Recaros, even if it means losing the climate control.

On the inverse side though, I think it'd be pretty hard to make the climate control work in the non-Tech car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm planning to either buy an aftermarket racing seat or a GT350 Recaro for track days. I've never fit in any Recaros from Ford before, so I'm not buying a car with them until I've at least tried them. I figure I can order an aftermarket seat that will be setup to fit me specifically, rather than some mass-market seat that doesn't.

Edit: sorry I was off-topic. No I'm not planning to swap. I would have bought the track pack if I were sure I would fit into the Recaros. I don't need or care much about the electronic gizmos on the tech pack. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll have fun playing with them, though!

Murse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt-350 tech red w/ black roof no stripes
Both seats seem to have the same base I wonder if you can convert them. Someone on the corvette forums did a post on converting the corvette gt seats to corvette comp seats and then the leather recaros from the mustang gt might be an option. Someone would have to look and see what common parts they share and then its the cost for foam and covers and the parts they don't share.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Bumping this. Does anyone have an idea how much the GT350 Recaros will cost sourced from Ford?

Sponsored

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Anyone getting a tech pack who would like to swap seats for Recaros?... And vice versa?
I sat in the Tech Package seats today and was extremely disappointed in the lack of bolster and support. I have a hard time seeing anyone giving up Recaro seats for them.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I sat in the Tech Package seats today and was extremely disappointed in the lack of bolster and support. I have a hard time seeing anyone giving up Recaro seats for them.
Key words in my question: "from Ford"

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Bumping this. Does anyone have an idea how much the GT350 Recaros will cost sourced from Ford?
They might sell them, but likely without the GT350 badging. Boss 302 like recaros with a ford performance emblem were $3000 a set or so

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
In your opinion or observation , are they the "Same" as the premium GT seats? Thks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I liked the GT350 Recaros much more than the GT/EB optional Recaros. They were far more comfortable (I got 2 hrs driving the car). I'd love to get a set of those.

Hack,
You'd have to be a very big guy to not fit well in them. I would pass on the normal ones because while they're great for the track, for normal driving I found them too aggressively bolstered near the middle of your back (like the ST seats but not as bad). The GT350 Recaros have "taller" bolsters (if you're looking at the seat from above), but the starting point for the bolsters is further from center. It's a very nice, snug feeling.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I liked the GT350 Recaros much more than the GT/EB optional Recaros. They were far more comfortable (I got 2 hrs driving the car). I'd love to get a set of those.

Hack,
You'd have to be a very big guy to not fit well in them. I would pass on the normal ones because while they're great for the track, for normal driving I found them too aggressively bolstered near the middle of your back (like the ST seats but not as bad). The GT350 Recaros have "taller" bolsters (if you're looking at the seat from above), but the starting point for the bolsters is further from center. It's a very nice, snug feeling.
Thanks for the information. I noticed that the bolsters on the GT350 Recaros were farther apart from photos, but I was unable to get measurements, so I decided not to risk ordering the car with Recaros. I'm not huge, but taller and wider than average for sure. My hips are about 18 inches wide. I sit on top of the bolsters in my GT. My back is also wide. The center of my back doesn't rest against the seat back in my GT due to the bolsters being too narrow. My GT has the standard seats.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
They might sell them, but likely without the GT350 badging. Boss 302 like recaros with a ford performance emblem were $3000 a set or so
Would definitely want the GT350 embroidery.
Sponsored