Sponsored

SVE vs MRR GT350 wheels...

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Yes, be careful. There are essentially 3 types of wheels. Basic cast, Flow formed (improved cast), and forged. The improved cast/flow formed wheels use a dozen different terms, often implying they are forged.

I think the SVE wheels are made in China, and the MRR wheels are made in the USA. If that matters to you.
Both are flow formed and made abroad.

The LMR wheels have a lifetime structural warranty and are also the same ones offered by Wheel Replicas. MRR has a one year warranty for defects in materials or workmanship.

Since they're offered in identical sizes, weights, and offsets from every other retailer on the internet it's very possible that they're made in the same place and distributed under different labels like many other products. If you look at the new s550 wheel offering by both retailers you'll see they're offering the exact same wheel just different finishes and center caps (like the 350s).

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collections/wheels/products/m600
https://lmr.com/item/SVE-122903/mustang-sve-gt7-wheel-19x10-satin-graphite-05-17
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Since they're offered in identical sizes, weights, and offsets from every other retailer on the internet it's very possible that they're made in the same place and distributed under different labels like many other products. If you look at the new s550 wheel offering by both retailers you'll see they're offering the exact same wheel just different finishes and center caps (like the 350s).
The SVE and MRR wheels are not the same. OEM center caps fit in the MRR wheels, but do not in the SVE wheels without modification. Also, looking at the back of the spokes, the SVE wheels have grooves where the MRR wheels do not. The hub mounting surface between the two wheels are different as well.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you sure MMR is made in the USA? I was pretty sure they are made in China.
I thought I recalled Carlo's made some sort of buy USA statement. But I am not sure.

I still ordered the SVE's. As even if the MRR's are made in the US, it's not worth almost a 100% price premium to me.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
WHAT??

I am having this same issue and am about to go back to the shop that installed my wheels as I was thinking that they possibly over torqued the lug nuts and somehow bent the lugs. I had to get underneath the car and bang the wheels off with a deadblow hammer.

So is this a commonality with these wheels?
this is the hub boring done on my wheels. i've taken a caliper to them and they're all different sizes, with none being the specified 70.6mm some are 70.3, one is 70.65X . To say i'm unsatisfied would be understating it because my car has a vibration i can't get rid of that's not there on stock wheels or other guy's in my car club's aftermarket wheels. I'd love a set of 6GR's but i'm scared to roll the dice with MRR again.

i've taken it to a machine shop to ask them if they can correct the hub bore, but they said there's a chance it won't be perfectly center which would just make the vibration worse. At this point my only real option is to eat the cost of new wheels or live with the vibration. I'm thinking of Forgestar F14's but holding out to see if SVE will make some 350R replicas, because i'd love some 6GR's, just don't want to have this same problem.

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
this is the hub boring done on my wheels. i've taken a caliper to them and they're all different sizes, with none being the specified 70.6mm some are 70.3, one is 70.65X . To say i'm unsatisfied would be understating it because my car has a vibration i can't get rid of that's not there on stock wheels or other guy's in my car club's aftermarket wheels. I'd love a set of 6GR's but i'm scared to roll the dice with MRR again.

i've taken it to a machine shop to ask them if they can correct the hub bore, but they said there's a chance it won't be perfectly center which would just make the vibration worse. At this point my only real option is to eat the cost of new wheels or live with the vibration. I'm thinking of Forgestar F14's but holding out to see if SVE will make some 350R replicas, because i'd love some 6GR's, just don't want to have this same problem.
Without getting too far off topic, why not reach out to MRR since they have a warranty against manufacture defects. To me this would be a defect.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Without getting too far off topic, why not reach out to MRR since they have a warranty against manufacture defects. To me this would be a defect.
The solution provided was to take it to a machine shop. Machine shop said it most likely would make things worse since they can't guarantee it would be perfectly centered in the wheel.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
for you guys running the SVE's, what tire size do you have in the front? Also, how much clearance do you have between the inside of the tire and the front strut? I worry that if I go -2.0 to -2.5 camber with 285 tires, it aint gonna clear.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
for you guys running the SVE's, what tire size do you have in the front? Also, how much clearance do you have between the inside of the tire and the front strut? I worry that if I go -2.0 to -2.5 camber with 285 tires, it aint gonna clear.
PP GT stock springs and camber running 275/35/19 MPSS up front. Pretty tight and guessing not more than 5mm as those little rubber spikes that are on new tires rubbed the dirt off of the struts where they make contact.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
PP GT stock springs and camber running 275/35/19 MPSS up front. Pretty tight and guessing not more than 5mm as those little rubber spikes that are on new tires rubbed the dirt off of the struts where they make contact.
Yep, that's pretty dang close. I'm running right at -2.0 camber right now with the stock PP stuff up front and have about 1/4-3/8 of an inch. Not sure I'm gonna make it with 19x10 - 285's up front...even though LMR sells the 19's that way. :mad:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yep, that's pretty dang close. I'm running right at -2.0 camber right now with the stock PP stuff up front and have about 1/4-3/8 of an inch. Not sure I'm gonna make it with 19x10 - 285's up front...even though LMR sells the 19's that way. :mad:
They sell Nitto's on their setups. Not sure if the MPSS have a different overall diameter or side wall bulge. I was tempted to go to the 285 MPSS based on them mounting that size, but didn't want to run into an issue. I think even on my stock setup the MPSS in 285's could be a problem. Either way, you might contact them as they have 285's up front on their test car and I think it might be lowered.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
? I am running the same tire, with the same offset with plenty of room. I might have gone 295 if the tire selection had been better (but 295 is where I start worrying)

Camber is not an issue if you run camber plates, as you lean the strut over and maintain your clearance.

I guess I will find out soon, as I have the SVE wheels and 285 NT01s on the way.

I thought some of the FS guys had used 285s all around on the stock wheels (+45 vs 40, so less strut clearance vs the SVE wheels).

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
They sell Nitto's on their setups. Not sure if the MPSS have a different overall diameter or side wall bulge. I was tempted to go to the 285 MPSS based on them mounting that size, but didn't want to run into an issue. I think even on my stock setup the MPSS in 285's could be a problem. Either way, you might contact them as they have 285's up front on their test car and I think it might be lowered.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to call them. 1) because I am still not sure about running the SVE's on track and 2) about the clearance with 285's and my camber settings.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
? I am running the same tire, with the same offset with plenty of room. I might have gone 295 if the tire selection had been better (but 295 is where I start worrying)

Camber is not an issue if you run camber plates, as you lean the strut over and maintain your clearance.

I guess I will find out soon, as I have the SVE wheels and 285 NT01s on the way.

I thought some of the FS guys had used 285s all around on the stock wheels (+45 vs 40, so less strut clearance vs the SVE wheels).
I am also considering the same thing, running a rear PP wheel on the front and going 285 square. I do know with that setup, you have to run a spacer to get the proper clearance with the strut due to the offset and backspacing. Most run at least 8mm with longer studs or use a 20 or 25 mm Eibach style hubcentric spacer I believe.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
My worry here is, that to make it all work, I may have to end up running the SVE with 285's and a 5 or 8mm spacer to get strut clearance but then run into a fender issue under hard cornering and have to roll the fender a bit to get everything to fit just right. Not too worried about rolling the fender a bit if I have to, but not keen on running a spacer on track. Not fond of that.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have the SVEs with the Nitto 555G2 285s up front, 305s rear, stock alignment, no spacers and I have no issues, the clearance seems fine to me. As was mentioned above adding negative camber through plates should increase the clearance if it's a concern.
Sponsored