Supercharger Cost Question

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
While in the staging lanes I talked with a guy that had a 2018 GT 10R80 that he bought new from a dealer in Florida and it came with a "dealer installed option" of a Whipple. He said the dealership warranted it. The engine blew up with only a few hundred miles on it (not the stock Whipple tune, the dealer put some other tune on it according to him) and they replaced the engine, etc. Made him whole. He was using drag radials doing mid 10s with that replaced setup from the same dealership. I saw his times and he sounded honest.

So, there's that...
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
There’s a current report on the f-150 forum about a Whipple supercharged truck, bought as a dealer installed option, that also blew an engine and the dealer warrantied it. I supposed the dealership could choose to “cover” whatever they want but no one knows if they passed the cost off to Ford, had the Whipple warranty, or ate it themselves. My luck doesn’t usually run that way....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Lebanon Ford does a lot of modded Mustangs but make it clear that the Whipple equipped cars have no powertrain warranty. Back when they were using the Whipple tune and cars were breaking ring lands, they supposedly stepped up to the plate, though.

I find it impossible to believe that FORD warrantied a Whipple equipped Mustang unless the dealer lied like a dog on a rug.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My experience with procharger, Whipple, Roush, and Vortech have all been just great. Tunes are important as well as the tuner. My recommendation is if you go Whipple you use their tune. If you go with. ProCharger their tune is good as well. Idle mid throttle and wide open throttle is excellent. I'm not a big fan of Lund but that's just been my experience. My Roush was tuned by Brent at Bren speed in me about 600 wheel horsepower on my 2011. I raced that car over a hundred passes and it never failed me. So at this point I would do either a Whipple or ProCharger. If you're installing it yourself the ProCharger is a much much easier install. You're probably looking at all in around 65 to 6,800.
Procharger tunes are complete garbage. I mean that in the worst way possible. I would not let them tune my lawnmower

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Done with this thread

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
A dealer can warranty whatever they chose. I've had transmissions fixed with power adders. Just get in good with the service manger. Or buy a lot of cars from the same dealer. It's not like Ford comes out and approves warranty work. What they don't know won't hurt them..

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
A dealer can warranty whatever they chose. I've had transmissions fixed with power adders. Just get in good with the service manger. Or buy a lot of cars from the same dealer. It's not like Ford comes out and approves warranty work. What they don't know won't hurt them..
He’s right. If you’re dealership is on your side pretty much anything is covered
Sponsored