Supercharger question

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
Hey guys I am about to purchase my first supercharger, I have a 15 gt track pack. Mods are gt350 intake manifold, steeds cold air, stainless power long tubes, Gibson catback 3" Lund tuned 93 octane, steeda subframe bracers, steeda g-track brace. I'm considering a stage 2 procharger. My main concern is what else should I be upgrading with this power? Other than my mods listed everything else is stock. Thanks in advance. Also what is the difference between a complete kit and tuner kit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
if me and money not a big deal, MGW shifter, OPG, CS, ATI damper, half shafts, drive shaft. MT tires.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Complete kit has injectors, boost a pump, ngauge tuning device and procharger tune. With your current mods, I would get tuner kit and source your own injectors, bap, tune.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I went with a stage 2 tuner kit and at that time I old had a few braces, MBRP Cat Back, and a roush intake.

Unless you plan on going back to stock intake manifold/exhaust manifold you are going to have to go custom tune route as procharger will not write those tunes. So I would save money buy the tuner kit and pick out the injectors and BAP your Tuner prefers.

If you dont already plan on going with Lung again on the Tune reach out to [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] on the forum he really knows the platform and ins and outs of different manifolds.
He is helping me fine tune my Boss intake/Procharger setup and he has gotten from woah this is fast to holy s**t get me some new underwear stupid fast.

But I did run it for a while with just the procharger kit itself and now it was great. I do plan on OPG/Crank Gear in the not too distant future and feel the stock cats will be blowing out soon too but otherwise the kit is pretty much designed to run on the car without other supporting mods other than maybe tires.

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
if me and money not a big deal, MGW shifter, OPG, CS, ATI damper, half shafts, drive shaft. MT tires.
OPG and CS a must. Better safe then sorry lol

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Hey guys I am about to purchase my first supercharger, I have a 15 gt track pack. Mods are gt350 intake manifold, steeds cold air, stainless power long tubes, Gibson catback 3" Lund tuned 93 octane, steeda subframe bracers, steeda g-track brace. I'm considering a stage 2 procharger. My main concern is what else should I be upgrading with this power? Other than my mods listed everything else is stock. Thanks in advance. Also what is the difference between a complete kit and tuner kit?
Since you're Lund tuned get a tuner kit, pay for the upgrade directly with Lund. Tuner kit, upgraded intercooler, id1050x, BAP, spark plugs.

OPG and CS I highly recommend as well.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
I went stage 2 [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] Special kit as I was in the same situation as you with a Lund NGauge and tune before I bought the kit. Got the best pricing from Terry and he puts together a great kit. Get the JMS plug and play BAP and save yourself any additional messing around. You'll also need 1 heat range cooler spark plugs gapped appropriately to your tuner's recommendations. I can't quite remember but I believe Lund likes 0.35".

I chose the standard bypass valve included in the kit. Up to you if you want to upgrade to the red race valve which isn't necessary unless you're looking to push more than 13-14psi but my future plan is to go with a wastegated setup so will upgrade the hardware when I get there. Apparently it sounds bad ass though.

I also chose to go with a Procharger specific catch can from UPR. Not sure if your long tubes are catted or off road but cats are a mixed bag. Can last or burn up quickly. Doesn't seem to be a trend as far as how long they last but i'm planning on removing the cats as soon as I can with MAK cat deletes. As a manual i'd also keep an eye on your clutch. I've had my Procharger on for 6-7000 miles and I can smell it some times so am budgeting to go with a Mantic in future.

I'm running Bridgestone summer performance tires and I can spin through first and second from a dig but the beauty of the Procharger is the ability to drive like stock when you like then roll into the boost and take off. Took out a new drop top Audi R8 the other day. Had me by a car length from a dig but reeled him in pretty quick by the top of 2nd gear with 3.55 gears.
Sponsored