Sponsored

Supercharge or don't supercharge my GT

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I DD my car, added procharger around 50k miles and have 70k right now with zero issues to date. I used paypal's introductory 0%/6 months offer and just made 6 payments. I'd do it again given the chance. And even if you did blow your motor, that's just an excuse to get a sleeved block :p
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I would supercharge my stang the only thing that troubles me is the opg change them its a pain in the ... but if we didnt have to change them out the supercharger would be installed.

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I would supercharge my stang the onlybthinf that troubles me is tha opg change them its a pain in the ... but if we didnt have to change them out the supercharger would be installed.
Don't use a 2 step and stay off the rev limiter and most likely there will be no issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
So I ended up buying wifey a 2020 Jeep Gladiator today.

So the plan now is that I'll put more miles on my car to get it to 100k miles at least, save the kenne bell supercharger once I get it and then get a sleeved long block. I'm using kenne bell because their superchargers are CARB compliant or they have CARB numbers I believe. That's the final update for now

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Ouch.. I'm sorry it ended this way.. :p

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Update: Today. I finished paying for my supercharger.

The vendor I bought it from will also do the install so I'll be sending my car there in November. They'll do the install along with opg and cs upgrade.

Prior to that, I'll be purchasing half shafts. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to upgrade to ensure reliability

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Exactly, and also invest in gold and silver right now, and if have exrta cash also invest in Bitcoin for long run...BTW for those who don't know this, most probably don't, you can use self directed IRA , instead of 401k, to invest in precious metals and digital currency, and even real estate.

Saying the above, I love my 2015 Ruby red pp GT. Adding FI is always more fun, but how offten can you really utilize it, I can barely use the cars potential as it is now in the New York Long Island area...

Bit coin is garbage

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
At 52 I sold my house, put the money in the market, continued to save and diversify my money, I save a lot

I wouldn’t buy now at my age, renting is better for me especially since I have a paid for condo in West Palm where I will retire God Willing in 6-7 yrs.

Life is short and with zero percent CC I would finance the blower, continue to invest and after a few yrs the blowers paid for and I have money I would’ve blown on it’s purchase all the while making profit investing

I did the same thing on the GT, traded my Crosstrek in and financed the difference at ZERO.

You don’t know what life brings, u better enjoy everyday. My sister was 52, she got a stomach ache last Nov. and 8 weeks later she died, broke my heart. Miss her everyday

U better enjoy your life, you never know what’s coming

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Bit coin is garbage
Well... You may be right but I made a killing on mining crypto for about 2 years. Had 30 gpus mining ether at one point. Used the proceeds from the operation to buy the Mustang so it wasn't all bad

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s a about timing, good for you

That’s awesome buddy, but imho stick to gold, silver and real estate

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Life is short and with zero percent CC I would finance the blower, continue to invest and after a few yrs the blowers paid for and I have money I would’ve blown on it’s purchase all the while making profit investing
This here. People have to understand the value of investing and compound interest earned on investments.

Here are 2 calculations to demonstrate the benefits of borrowing/investing. At a 3% return over 12 months, $5000 would make you $180. You would need to borrow at 5.5% interest over the same period to pay that amount in interest on the loan, so a loan at any lower % it is more beneficial to invest that money and borrow for the purchase. But look at 10 years out, you will have made $2063 in interest! All this is with the assumption that you can actually afford to make the payments.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.18.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.19.02 AM.png

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
For OP, it seems that you can afford it, so enjoy it!

I am starting to think about it as well, but I am only 2 years into a 5 year low loan. When its paid, I'll strongly consider it as well. For now, just some bolt on mods, I tend to purchase minor upgrades over the winter hiatus every year, been like that for the last 20+ years with me.

Let us know how the Kenne Bell kit works out, I was reading about them last night

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This here. People have to understand the value of investing and compound interest earned on investments.

Here are 2 calculations to demonstrate the benefits of borrowing/investing. At a 3% return over 12 months, $5000 would make you $180. You would need to borrow at 5.5% interest over the same period to pay that amount in interest on the loan, so a loan at any lower % it is more beneficial to invest that money and borrow for the purchase. But look at 10 years out, you will have made $2063 in interest! All this is with the assumption that you can actually afford to make the payments.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.18.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.19.02 AM.png

Exactly right!!!!!

KFDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Update: Today. I finished paying for my supercharger.

The vendor I bought it from will also do the install so I'll be sending my car there in November. They'll do the install along with opg and cs upgrade.

Prior to that, I'll be purchasing half shafts. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to upgrade to ensure reliability
Now that I know everything about real estate, thanks to this thread, how is the car treating you? Any troubles?
Sponsored