Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Of course you could do like me and get you a $5-6K car to destroy daily, supercharge the mustang, and drive it for pleasure or occasionally for work. Also, you'll also be able to use haggerty insurance and save some money.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I'd rather not spend a whole lot of money on a supercharger at once, it's not an emergency need. I prefer to save more of my money. Is it that hard to understand? For anyone saying if you have to finance it you shouldn't be buying it. That's just the dumbest thing I've heard. I want to spend money buying a second car which would be an hybrid car, surely I could have dumped that money on the supercharger instead but whatever.

Yes!! Do yourself a favor. Buy a 2nd car and make this thing your baby if you do SC it. Put an obnoxious exhaust on it and really enjoy it. I've dailied several muscle cars and now that I have a 2nd car it's nice to look forward to coming home, jumping in that thing and just having fun.

Stangluvr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I can’t compare a non supercharged GT with a naturally aspirated Mustang because I bought my 2016 California Special with the Roush Supercharger already installed about 4 months ago.
3F92E512-9EB0-44D4-A41A-64B4CBD17F1E.jpeg
8DD6F2D6-C0B6-4B1D-AC17-4A6F55CBFE26.jpeg
07214A32-8B14-438A-AA6B-2B35F2F0F298.jpeg
The car only had 2200 miles on it. Anyway, I like it!

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
house is an appreciating asset

cars are not, especially not supercharged cars

do you have a room temperature IQ?
My point had nothing to do with whether or not the asset appreciates, and seeing as how you missed it.. Perhaps YOU are the one with the cold IQ.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Just paid off my 16' as well. Now looking for a work beater myself.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
There are plenty of good arguments why owning a house is not as good as renting but hey, this is the internet where your opinion is the best one..

Enjoy your 30 year loan and never ending maintenance costs. I'll wait while you tell me you did a 15 year..

To the OP, send it. It's your money.
I know this is off topic, but I just had to get in on this. Generally I think it’s better to buy than rent. Renting you’re paying monthly tent which can be as much or more than a mortgage payment. With buying the place is your and can do whatever you want, and eventually you will get done paying. With renting it’s never really yours, and you will always be making a monthly payment. And you don’t get anything back from it, like taxes (correct me if I’m wrong though).
Leasing cars same thing, car is never yours, when lease is up, lease another new car and make payments. It doesn’t end unless you end up buying later.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is off topic, but I just had to get in on this. Generally I think it’s better to buy than rent. Renting you’re paying monthly tent which can be as much or more than a mortgage payment. With buying the place is your and can do whatever you want, and eventually you will get done paying. With renting it’s never really yours, and you will always be making a monthly payment. And you don’t get anything back from it, like taxes (correct me if I’m wrong though).
Leasing cars same thing, car is never yours, when lease is up, lease another new car and make payments. It doesn’t end unless you end up buying later.
we aren’t buying these cars because it’s smart. We buy them because life is short and you only live once. Send it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
When you rent you can leave at any time. When you own, you are at the mercy of the market.. If you can't hack it... Well...

I've owned and rented. You always need a place to live. It's all relative to your needs and wants.

Me? I'm dying broke and having fun.

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
Hey Guys,

My GT has about 55k miles right now because of frequent daily driving so I'm not too sure on supercharging it. I'm a little worried that it will affect the engine or the engine is too old. What would you guys do? Just need thoughts.

Thanks
I'm so glad to see this question asked. I have been considering whether to add FI to my car as well and have been wondering if my 2015 GT Premium PP with 38k miles is too many miles to safely add a SC. I was actually going to post up a question about this today before I found this thread. I appreciate everyone's answers and input. :clap:

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Def supercharge it! I did it to my 350r and wow it MOVES now. Sounds like your doing financially well and making sound investments, now put a smile on your face and have a little fun with your car by throwing a supercharger on it!

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I just SCd mine after almost 2yrs and 10k miles. Glad I did and wish I'd done it sooner.

And on the off-topic.... buying my old house in early 2007 was the worst financial decision I've ever made. Sold it 9 yrs later for $20k less than when I bought it. Made the mistake of sitting down one day and doing the numbers on how much money I'd spent on it vs if I'd stay renting and it was over $100k more because I bought.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
A house is obviously number 1 priority imo, I'm of the belief that SCing a car is a cool thing you can do if you have the money.

I guess it depends on how bad you want it. You can always buy something cheaper to go fast later if you want.

I just bought an edelbrock 2650 stage 2 for my 2018. I was upset that I missed the edelbrock deal over the weekend but Beefcake still gave me a good deal.

No regrets!

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
You should buy appreciating assets and rent depreciating assets

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Why wouldn't you boost it. My only issue is the Kenne Bell when there are so many options that make more power. The VMP, Whipple, or Edelbrock make tons of power for about the same price. And I actually installed an ON3 twin turbo kit with total cost of $4400 and making about 850whp and still have room.

But either way, adding boost is the way to go. I got bored with my NA car. In fact, I got bored at 750whp and 550wtq with Procharger. But that's just me.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
You should buy appreciating assets and rent depreciating assets
Exactly, and also invest in gold and silver right now, and if have exrta cash also invest in Bitcoin for long run...BTW for those who don't know this, most probably don't, you can use self directed IRA , instead of 401k, to invest in precious metals and digital currency, and even real estate.

Saying the above, I love my 2015 Ruby red pp GT. Adding FI is always more fun, but how offten can you really utilize it, I can barely use the cars potential as it is now in the New York Long Island area...
Sponsored