TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I feel like for that much change 600HP crank on e85 seems low isn't that just a about 30 more than a FBO 5.0 on e85 when it comes down to the wheels?
It’s low because the race motor needs to be indestructible. Nothing is worse for a factory race team than a blown motor, it’s displaying to the world your car isn’t any good.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It’s low because the race motor needs to be indestructible. Nothing is worse for a factory race team than a blown motor, it’s displaying to the world your car isn’t any good.
Oh so this is intended specifically to be dropped into a race car? Not for some guy that blew a motor to go buy? That makes a TON more sense then.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Are you making 600 NA or anything remotely close to 600 NA in anything ?
Does that question have ANY relation to the point the 5.0 can be made to make 600 for much cheaper? Nope.

Don't hurt your back lifting that goalpost.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Oh so this is intended specifically to be dropped into a race car? Not for some guy that blew a motor to go buy? That makes a TON more sense then.
Nothing makes me happier than snark from a stranger on a Mustang forum…
it is presumably the platform for the race car. It needs to not fail. If you can turn around and sell it, that much better. But the fact remains, it needs to not fail. Snark doesn’t change the importance of a solid engine, especially if it’s sold to customers.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nothing makes me happier than snark from a stranger on a Mustang forum…
it is presumably the platform for the race car. It needs to not fail. If you can turn around and sell it, that much better. But the fact remains, it needs to not fail. Snark doesn’t change the importance of a solid engine, especially if it’s sold to customers.
Funny, as I wasn't being snarky at all. I was literally saying if it's not for public sale it make more sense why its limited in power for durability. Also why it would be limited to stock intake/fuel systems.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Funny, as I wasn't being snarky at all. I was literally saying if it's not for public sale it make more sense why its limited in power for durability. Also why it would be limited to stock intake/fuel systems.
Sorry, these forums become a-holes attacking each other over such stupid nonsense sometimes I just jump to default…

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe limited cause that's what they chose to use. It showcases what can be done. 600 NA is NOTHING to sneeze at. I never said it was for sale at anytime. Dunno why you're getting all hostile.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Yep, new engines for the Aussie v8 supercars for the new Gen3 cars, they are building the cars and everything in them for balance of performance for both the show and also reduce the costs for taking part in the series.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, these forums become a-holes attacking each other over such stupid nonsense sometimes I just jump to default…
this is M6G, not friggin' Facebook or other excrement of the Internet. We love each other here.

OP
OP
Troutwrangler

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Interesting to see all the Ford logos, my understanding is that Ford is trying to make Mustang a brand of its own. Mine only has one (very subtle) Ford logo on the entire car for example.
Making the Mustang it's own brand wouldn't surprise me. I think the only "cars" Ford is planning to keep in production are the Mustang and maybe the Focus(??). Everything else will be SUVs, trucks, and EVs from what I've read.
I'm just a dumb carpenter, though, and in no way as educated on Ford production details as many others on this forum are....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Troutwrangler

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Looking forward to seeing that race. It looks so much better than the current gen version.

Oh, and a 5.4 Coyote? 😲 (I thought 5.2 was the maximum size due to the bore spacing.....but perhaps that's just for road car version's reliability/durability)

5 point 4 Coyote.jpg
I wish the Coyote in my PP2 looked like this... first mod would be to remove the hood and never put it back on.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
this is M6G, not friggin' Facebook or other excrement of the Internet. We love each other here.
Idk man, I’ve seen some ridiculous arguments over say, manual v auto…

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Making the Mustang it's own brand wouldn't surprise me. I think the only "cars" Ford is planning to keep in production are the Mustang and maybe the Focus(??). Everything else will be SUVs, trucks, and EVs from what I've read.
I'm just a dumb carpenter, though, and in no way as educated on Ford production details as many others on this forum are....
I’m just as dumb as anyone else bud!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The engine only has 11.1 compression ratio. The engine must be built to comply with the racing body rules. A compromise with durability and max horsepower needs to be achieved for endurance racing . I would like to see the horsepower the 5.4 liter could make in drag racing configuration.
Sponsored