Sunvisor Decal removal

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
If you guys are as bothered as I am about the ugly sun visor decals here is how to easily remove them. (1st) Take your time. (2nd) Slowly heat the sun visor decal with a Blow Dryer not the visor just the decal. (3) Using a pair of tweezers carefully peel the decal away from the visor keep the heat on the decal surface and the decal just lifts off. (4) Use a little Goo Gone to remove any left over adhesive.
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG
PS: I hated looking at them each time I got into the car. Then I remembered that you use a hair dryer to remove the emblems off your car. I bet you could remove the decals the same way and now the car looks like it should. Here you go! As a side note Total Cost for this mod Approximately $.05 for electricity and 15 minutes of your time.
That's pretty neat, i'll have to remove mine soon.
Sponsored

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
Removing these decals is a very tedious job. I do it on all of my vehicles. Who wants their car to look like a damn taxi cab? For some reason my warning labels are in French, and I don’t even allow French people to ride in my cars! I got lazy this time and took the easy way out when I received my new 2020 black Mustang GT. I bought the black vinyl coverup stickers on eBay and covered the decals. Six months later, I noticed the edges of the vinyl stickers had curled away from the visor fabric. I got out my heat gun to remove the decals properly, and when I tried to pulol the vinyl stickers off, the decals came off with them. It took a little heat to help, but it was the easiest decal removal ever. I still have some adhesive residue to remove. Goo-Gone doesn’t seem to touch it. I’ll try alcohol next.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Used mineral sprites myself, on rag. Heat the visor some, the MS will dissolve the glue. Work small areas at a time, repeat as needed.

Did not have a heat gun used an old hair dryer. Now having a heat gun. Think that would speed things up.

I would start with the coolest setting, bump up the heat as need.

Don't want the stretch fabric.

Yes it does take some time well worth the effort

Last edited:

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I just out the blackout stickers over them, took 10 seconds.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I just out the blackout stickers over them, took 10 seconds.
News flash ...

"OP
I bought the black vinyl coverup stickers on eBay and covered the decals. Six months later, I noticed the edges of the vinyl stickers had curled away from the visor fabric."

Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
News flash ...

"OP
I bought the black vinyl coverup stickers on eBay and covered the decals. Six months later, I noticed the edges of the vinyl stickers had curled away from the visor fabric."
Yeah, they'll do that. Just keep slapping new stickers on.