Sponsored

Airbag decal removal (from visors) job didn't end well. Need ideas to remedy that. Thx.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That stupid decal is only on the passenger's side visor, isn't it?
Negative. On BOTH sides. And it's been like that for a long time, unfortunately.

I tried using similar vinyl covers but they won't stick to the fabric once the sticker is off.
Damn. You just eliminated basically my only option if everything fails. Thanks. Ha ha. Seriously, thank you for pointing that out. That's why I asked if they stick well, but didn't specify without the airbag stickers. Makes sense that they don't stick, unless you actually iron them in place, and not sure I'd do that.

I found Mineral Spirits works best.
Well, at this point, it seems like my only option left, so mineral spirits it is :D. Thank you very much for the recommendation. Will go buy some now, and see what happens. I don't mind just the outer shadow, but the whitish residue doesn't look good. Will post results later today. Take care gang.
JC
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey gang, like many of you, I just can't live with the stupid yellow airbag decals on the visors, so removed the visors, and the decals successfully this weekend. But couldn't get past the adhesive left behind. Tried everything I'd normally do, although before, Goo Gone was all I needed. This time used tons of 91% alcohol, and nothing. Used tons of Goo Gone, and barely a dent. Also tried a new product (Goof Off adhesive sticker, also with a citrus smell), and zero. I don't want to try anything stronger, like mineral spirits, because I might ruin the cloth, the plastic base, or both. I probably like the visors now better than with the yellow sticker, but the OCD in me would be bothered by the obviously botched job if I keep them like that.

So I'd like to do something. Somebody else had luck with just alcohol, but not me. And I prefer not to rub hard anymore, since with all the rubbing, the cloth is king of stretched now, and don't want it any more than that. So what are my options??? I've read once of patches, and that's probably the least bad option... if the right material and size is found, that is. That's why I started this thread, so hope somebody did that already :D. Another option would be to paint that are black somehow (black shoe liquid wax?). Don't see any other option, but maybe there is. All comments welcome. Thank you.
JC
These were considered by many to be the best when I had my 15’ EB. Looked to see if anything better came out when I got my 19’ GT/CS. Nothing did so I bought them again.

https://sunvisorsolutions.com/

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
That stupid decal is only on the passenger's side visor, isn't it? I wonder if we could replace that visor with a driver's side one from a RHD car. Are they identical? Would it be a straight fit?
I was actually thinking the same thing - just getting one ordered from England when ours finally show up in respectively Romania/Denmark. But then I took a look in my friend's Mustang and the decal is on both visors...

Also looked it up on a google and this picture also shows decals on both visors.

I might look into the price of a new one just in case I want to try pulling it off and work the adhesive... and eventually screw it up, haha

2Fmessage-editor%252F1572303828751-2020gt50027-2004x1336.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
On my '18 they are on both sides. And I'm pretty sure left and right matters on them anyway - different angles on the mount and mirrors on the opposite sides.

The 2020 has the remote garage door opener buttons on the driver side of the visor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Mine has the remote garage door openers on drivers side and also the airbag sticker on both driver and passenger sides.

The 2020 has the remote garage door opener buttons on the driver side of the visor.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Negative. On BOTH sides. And it's been like that for a long time, unfortunately.

Damn. You just eliminated basically my only option if everything fails. Thanks. Ha ha. Seriously, thank you for pointing that out. That's why I asked if they stick well, but didn't specify without the airbag stickers. Makes sense that they don't stick, unless you actually iron them in place, and not sure I'd do that.

Well, at this point, it seems like my only option left, so mineral spirits it is :D. Thank you very much for the recommendation. Will go buy some now, and see what happens. I don't mind just the outer shadow, but the whitish residue doesn't look good. Will post results later today. Take care gang.
JC
IMG_0158.jpeg

The heat softens the glue the mineral spirits dissolves it.

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I just applied the Stickyzomby label covers and the put some pony stickers on that.
As you can see the label cover is not a perfect match, it is after all matte vinyl not cloth, but it's better than the warning label. I think the pony dresses the visor up a little.
20200523_215031.jpg
Curious.

Did you put the Pony stickers on so when you
pull down the visor, the Pony is running right side up?? (facing forward)

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Great thread. The sticker in my drivers visor drives me nuts. It's got to go.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the remote garage door openers on drivers side and also the airbag sticker on both driver and passenger sides.

Same here

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Dam the sticker never bothered me until I read this thread, now I notice it every time I drive the car ! :curse:
Once you've seen it, you cannot unsee it, can you? :giggle:
The same happened to me with my Mondeo. It has opposed wipers, and they're really very neat and effective. But when I mentioned them on a Mondeo forum and said I liked them, someone replied: "yeah, they're OK, but doesn't that residual drip of water down the center of the screen bother you?"
I said: "What? No. What are you talking about?"
So the next time I drove the car I used the windscreen washer just to figure out what he meant. And I saw it. And now I see it every time and it annoys the hell out of me. :D

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
These were considered by many to be the best
https://sunvisorsolutions.com/
Looked them up, but zero info on which fabric number matches which cars. By now, they should have an ample database on that... but they make us pay on samples instead. Not nice. Also no mention if they stick to visors without the labels, but probably not.

The heat softens the glue the mineral spirits dissolves it.
Yes, just finished working on them. It's just a shadow now, and only under some lighting and angle. Used professional strength odorless mineral spirits, and a toothbrush, in addition to using a microfiber rag initially, which helps pull the glue better than a sponge IMO. By the way, contrary to past vehicles, which had to remove the stickers in a million pieces, at least Ford put very sturdy stickers, so they come out in one piece, and relatively easy.

Dam the sticker never bothered me until I read this thread, now I notice it every time I drive the car ! :curse:
Ha ha. Well, now you have instructions how to remove them :D. Good luck.

My visors are gutted, waiting for the vanity LEDs. Was going to put them back on the car, since it'd be easy to just insert the bulbs and install the mirrors, but with all the handling to remove the glue, the fabric is kind of loose now, so will probably wait for the LEDs to pull it tight when installing the mirrors back. Thank you for all the great info here. Now nobody here has an excuse not to remove the damn stickers:like:.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looked them up, but zero info on which fabric number matches which cars. By now, they should have an ample database on that... but they make us pay on samples instead. Not nice. Also no mention if they stick to visors without the labels, but probably not..

Curious, seeing that post, took a look what a scam. Set up to make folks think they were selling the visor. 15 beans said not, looking some to see if I was missing something, another not.

Good to know you got the glue off, also ended up using the micro rag.

Anyone what some FREE air bag labels, for their next "concourse event":clock:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Curious.

Did you put the Pony stickers on so when you
pull down the visor, the Pony is running right side up?? (facing forward)
When the visors are in their stored position the pony feet are towards you.

When they are down you can see them through the front glass and they are oriented to be running from right to left

When they are down and moved to the side window they can be seen from the inside of the car running toward the rear on the drivers side and toward the front on the passenger side.

I like them well enough that I've ordered two more to put on the vanity mirror covers. Those should be visible in the car with the visor down and through the side windows when turned to the side.
Sponsored