Sponsored

Airbag decal removal (from visors) job didn't end well. Need ideas to remedy that. Thx.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Mine has the remote garage door openers on drivers side and also the airbag sticker on both driver and passenger sides.
If they care cloth,bring them,into dry cleaner,they can get any stain off cloth
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Looked them up, but zero info on which fabric number matches which cars. By now, they should have an ample database on that... but they make us pay on samples instead. Not nice. Also no mention if they stick to visors without the labels, but probably not.
Hi JC. All you need to do is ask. :like:
2350 Ebony Pair Label Sizes: 4 3/4 x 6 1/4

I do not even bother to take a picture because they are virtually invisible. And yes, they will stick to the cloth.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Curious, seeing that post, took a look what a scam. Set up to make folks think they were selling the visor. 15 beans said not, looking some to see if I was missing something, another not.
Not sure what you are talking about. Sunvisorsolutions.com is not a scam. I've been dealing with them for 5 years with zero issues.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
IMG_20200526_152636.jpg
I covered mine with non-reflective stick-on from ViVidVinyl.com (via Amazon). Sorry for the delay getting the pic up. Clearly my trimming needs a little work but the good news is a full roll is 12" wide by 60" long, so I have more than enough left to redo these several times over! Happy to share pieces wide enough for two -- final cuts are up to you since mine still need work -- if you'll pay for the mailing.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
LOL of all the things in the world to worry about. I have never given those stickers a second thought ever.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
LOL of all the things in the world to worry about. I have never given those stickers a second thought ever.
They didn't bother me in the large and light-colored interior in my SHO. But in the tighter and black interior of the 'Stang, they were bright, especially at night when the vehicle behind is a truck or a car that forgot to kick down their high beams.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What about masking off the visor part and spray painting the label? Plasti-Dip might be good here. Not sure how it will hold up though. If it doesn't work out, peel it off. I have 4 cans of Plasti-Dip to use up. I'm going to try it.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I've used SunvisorSolutions.com. They have different colors and textures to match particular visors.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I've used SunvisorSolutions.com. They have different colors and textures to match particular visors.
That's how I made my own. The material for 10 cost less than the $11.95 per pair they're charging. I'm in the wrong business, or maybe I need to start this as a side gig.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
All you need to do is ask. :like: 2350 Ebony Pair Label Sizes: 4 3/4 x 6 1/4
Thanks man. We need 4/3/4 x 5/1/4, but that's the closest size. Anyway, I did a good job of eliminating the glue, but won't know how visible the shadows are until I reinstall the visors after installing the vanity LEDs (when they get here). If I'm not happy, I'd order the patches then. Hope they adhere strongly enough to the cloth, now that the glue is off; it's just the shadow left, probably due to the heat needed to apply them. They'd never look like nothing was there IMO.

I covered mine with non-reflective stick-on. I'll work on posting a pic tomorrow.
I have several more sheets than I need now that both visors are done. Message me if interested in not having to buy a full set of sheets. (Way less than $9 a set!)
Not sure what exactly you used, but a picture should clear that up. I assume the cloth patches above should match better than whatever you used, but will render final judgment after I see your pictures :D.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. We need 4/3/4 x 5/1/4, but that's the closest size. Anyway, I did a good job of eliminating the glue, but won't know how visible the shadows are until I reinstall the visors after installing the vanity LEDs (when they get here). If I'm not happy, I'd order the patches then. Hope they adhere strongly enough to the cloth, now that the glue is off; it's just the shadow left, probably due to the heat needed to apply them. They'd never look like nothing was there IMO.
OK, I tried to get a couple of pics. The low light capability of the camera make it brighter than it actually is. When you're in the car you cannot even see them. And yes it will stick. Other have done the exact same thing you're doing.

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Hey gang, like many of you, I just can't live with the stupid yellow airbag decals on the visors, so removed the visors, and the decals successfully this weekend. But couldn't get past the adhesive left behind. Tried everything I'd normally do, although before, Goo Gone was all I needed. This time used tons of 91% alcohol, and nothing. Used tons of Goo Gone, and barely a dent. Also tried a new product (Goof Off adhesive sticker, also with a citrus smell), and zero. I don't want to try anything stronger, like mineral spirits, because I might ruin the cloth, the plastic base, or both. I probably like the visors now better than with the yellow sticker, but the OCD in me would be bothered by the obviously botched job if I keep them like that.

So I'd like to do something. Somebody else had luck with just alcohol, but not me. And I prefer not to rub hard anymore, since with all the rubbing, the cloth is king of stretched now, and don't want it any more than that. So what are my options??? I've read once of patches, and that's probably the least bad option... if the right material and size is found, that is. That's why I started this thread, so hope somebody did that already :D. Another option would be to paint that are black somehow (black shoe liquid wax?). Don't see any other option, but maybe there is. All comments welcome. Thank you.
JC
something I've done in several mustangs...go to a craft/art store (jo-anns) they sell black felt pieces with peel-off sticky back. measure decal a bit over-size, cut with straight edge and blade. very slightly round the corners with scissors, peel and place, applying even pressure overall. the felt is almost a match to the visor fabric and looks factory.
also can be removed if needed. done it for several friend everyone's happy...dman ps no need to remove visor, no glue or mess. i'm not sure of the decal sizing? may be larger than 15-17 but felt pieces are large enough i'm sure.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I tried to get a couple of pics. The low light capability of the camera make it brighter than it actually is. When you're in the car you cannot even see them.

I
found the same trying to post a picture. With no cover just the label & glue removed. Foreground being dark, light entering from the windshield . Causing the camera to try to balance the lighting.

Not knocking the patch, but the fabric texture differs. For me it being on top of the label is another visual.

Get some time will pull out my real camera. Post a more accurate view of the results, of naked visors.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do SunvisorSolutions ship abroad? I'm trying to order a pair of Ebonies, and it says it can't calculate the shipping costs. I can select Romania as destination country, which suggests that they do ship internationally, but it doesn't seem to work.
I've sent them an e-mail. Hopefully it's just a software glitch.
Sponsored

Last edited: