Sponsored

Sunglass Compartment - Won't Open

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
Ok haven't had the car more than a month and the hidden drawer/compartment which now has my expensive sunglasses safely tucked away won't open. UGH!
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Like not budge or moves but won't open? I ask because if they shifted some how or they were in a case that was a bit big, it could be hanging up on the glasses or case.

On a side note, I keep mine in there and have had zero issues.

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had mine get stuck with contents keeping it from opening. I have interior panel tools (think knives made of plastic) that I used to pry it a bit and adjust contents to open.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wasserott

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
Opened with a flexible piece of metal

Ok, i managed to get it open with a metal hose clamp end...flexible enough to slide over top. I believe the "quality" plastic they use for the face just needed the edges sanded down so it won't hang up...so that's exactly what i did.

This is what gets me about this car. 60k yet the molds on the plastic had flashing that hadn't been trimmed enough.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
If there was only book or manual that informed us about all these awesome features on the car.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If there was only book or manual that informed us about all these awesome features on the car.
Secret compartments have nothing to do with my enjoyment of driving the car, so it never came up. Only checked the manual for break in procedures, lug nut torque, and how to check the oil :D

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
Ok, i managed to get it open with a metal hose clamp end...flexible enough to slide over top. I believe the "quality" plastic they use for the face just needed the edges sanded down so it won't hang up...so that's exactly what i did.

This is what gets me about this car. 60k yet the molds on the plastic had flashing that hadn't been trimmed enough.

Glad you got it open. You have to remember, the heart of this car is a $20k rental car. Your $60k is going to the motor, tranny and suspension... little things like this are going to carry over from the base mustang.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

If you were looking for interior refinement in a sports car, this one will dissapoint you very quickly.

OP
OP
wasserott

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
If you love plastic this car is your dream car.
My favorite post...

I'm going through the denial stage right now. I do love the extra $40k stuff i get over the rental car foundation as COZM states.
Sponsored