Stripped fender mount bolt

jamier2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I need some help. I decided to install my MRT hood strut kit today on my 2019 GT350 and got the hood parts installed. I went to put on the fender part and had the bolt strip out when I started to tighten it over the new bracket. I didn't crank on it but it stripped right out.

Does anyone know if we can get that bolt outside of going to a ford dealer in person? I couldn't believe it just stripped out so easily using a small hand ratchet, not even air powered.

Update: I have checked the bolt over again and it seems like the part that stripped was the snap nut or whatever that is under there that stripped out. Hopefully I can get to it and get a replacement fairly easily.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jamier2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Well I am glad to report that apparently it wasn't stripped - at least not all the way. Apparently with the thickness of the strut bracket the original bolt didn't go in far enough to truly engage the threads. After I removed the bracket I was able to reinstall the bolt.

I'm going to have to find bolts that are just a bit longer or just sell this kit and go to the Redline one.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Most autoparts stores have automotive bolt assortments. I bought some at autozone for my redline strut install.
Sponsored