Stripe removal

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
my av grey looks mean with the black stripes. i think that it would look too bland with no stripes on it. not a fan of the av grey and blue stripes.

not my car but same color combo
av grey.jpg
Iā€™d rip those swirled-out stickers off in a second. Avalanche looks great stripeless and if you want some pop you can go painted calipers a-la-GT350r or another color, or, colored wheels like @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
I removed my stripes for about a week and absolutely disliked the way it looked. I had only removed them in preparation for having the Big Worm Graphix set applied. Now I really like it. The quality of the vinyl is far superior to the factory stripes. I ended up going with a 3/8 wide charcoal gray stripe next to the black for a more subtle look.
DSC_1541.jpg
DSC_1546.jpg

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Iā€™d rip those swirled-out stickers off in a second. Avalanche looks great stripeless and if you want some pop you can go painted calipers a-la-GT350r or another color, or, colored wheels like @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

I agree I prefer AG in no stripe no black roof just the car itself and some wild color wheels to match.

Deleted member 37397

I think this model looks best with stripes, anytime I see a regular GT or eco boost with stripes then itā€™s meh, that being said, all the pics Iā€™ve seen in this thread look great either way. I just picked up this ā€˜16 with 1900 miles on her Friday.
175C1B13-39D1-4556-BCF5-847BD8D31E29.jpeg

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Ordered this badboy from the factory w/o stripes. Also ordered black roof. Love it. I had stripes on my GT500 and hated how easily they chipped and scratched
A4488693-36DE-4429-9A40-DE1E2178B1ED.jpeg
Looks good! Wish I had the black roof on mine.

Sponsored

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Removed my white stripes after about a week. Just wasn't into them and they were fairly cheap vinyl. Had a nice dent hiding under one of the hood stripes but my paintless dent removal guy worked his magic and it's undetectable! Just parked in the sun for an hour and they peeled right off. Did make the mistake of removing the rear spoiler, it was a major PIA and I couldn't find the OEM adhesive (without getting the entire new spoiler). Used 3M adhesive tape and the edges are starting to raise...I'd recommend you don't remove the spoiler as (in my case anyways) the stripes only went about 1/4" under the edge of the spoiler.

Anyone know where to get the OEM adhesive w/o having to purchase new spoiler...not a big deal but the outside edges not be flush with the trunk lid bug me every time I see the 1/16" gap!!

Forgot to mention, I had the roof wrapped in gloss black and now the car is the way I would have ordered it. Got a replacement Ford OEM antenna cover ($20.00, IIRC) and painted it Shadow black. Was a bit of a pain changing it out from the rear seat but if I ever decide to remove the wrap I still have the matching LB cover.

4-8-18 01.JPG

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Removed my white stripes after about a week. Just wasn't into them and they were fairly cheap vinyl. Had a nice dent hiding under one of the hood stripes but my paintless dent removal guy worked his magic and it's undetectable! Just parked in the sun for an hour and they peeled right off. Did make the mistake of removing the rear spoiler, it was a major PIA and I couldn't find the OEM adhesive (without getting the entire new spoiler). Used 3M adhesive tape and the edges are starting to raise...I'd recommend you don't remove the spoiler as (in my case anyways) the stripes only went about 1/4" under the edge of the spoiler.

Anyone know where to get the OEM adhesive w/o having to purchase new spoiler...not a big deal but the outside edges not be flush with the trunk lid bug me every time I see the 1/16" gap!!

Forgot to mention, I had the roof wrapped in gloss black and now the car is the way I would have ordered it. Got a replacement Ford OEM antenna cover ($20.00, IIRC) and painted it Shadow black. Was a bit of a pain changing it out from the rear seat but if I ever decide to remove the wrap I still have the matching LB cover.
If I ever remove my white stripes, that's what I would do too (gloss black roof). Any pics further out? Looks good.

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Has anyone removed stripes from a Race Red GT350?

I used a clothes steamer and got the stripes off of every surface with ease until I got to the front bumper. I know different paints use different methods and stages and adhere differently between plastic and metal, etc. But the stripes will just not let go of the front bumper. In fact, the only time I was able to get one corner up, it pulled up a 1/4" chunk of paint with it! So needless to say I stopped there and set up an appointment next week to have a professional try to handle it.

Does anyone know if the Race Red paint is some kind of special application that will likely pull off the plastic bumper no matter what? I'm a bit paranoid based on how easy the rest of the car was to do and how impossibly difficult the front bumper is being, relatively.

Of course the professional shop won't be held responsible for any damage done during removal, but it would at least be good to know up front if I'm SOL with the Race Red paint and the vinyl removal. Now I'm stuck with a 95% stripeless car for the weekend.... lol

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
When I traded my GT350 for my R, the dealer told me they would have offered me a few thousand less if I had removed the stripes. Glad I didn't.
Sponsored