Sponsored

Street guys: even if you can’t use all you have, do you still want more?

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
HP is like sex, you can never have enough. :cwl:
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I also want more hp even if I can’t use it. I rarely go wide open throttle in my ‘21 ZL1, and usually only can go WOT in 3rd gear or higher for very short periods. Depending on street surface I have to roll into 3rd as well (A10), 2nd typically spins the tires with ease. I like the idea of more torque and power so that 4th gear feels more like 3rd gear, and so on. Or, so that I can get that WOT feel at part throttle in the mid range. Then knowing I have the extra power for when I want it is nice.

On the contrary, I go WOT in my Supra nearly every time I drive it as it’s a lot more manageable and not as quick or powerful. So I can go WOT longer as well.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Wow. My ‘20 GT must be down on power or something. It won’t do anything like that even on the much-dreaded PZero Neros. Heck, for that matter neither will my Mach 1s. They all go like stink but they’re rock solid at 75 mph. Maybe I’m just used to it after a lifetime of fast cars and just subconsciously drive out of it without thinking. Or maybe I need to grease up the bottom of my tires.
Lol my 500 has never once made any tire noise punching it at 75mph. Lotsa stories on here 🤣

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
I focused on setting up my car so it handles. No point in having power if you can't use it. Once I had traction and good grip on the corners I did the basics. H pipe, CAI and a tune. Handles like it's on rails. It's enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Lol my 500 has never once made any tire noise punching it at 75mph. Lotsa stories on here 🤣
Yeah, you gotta wonder maybe a little. I mean, if a 500 ain’t gonna do it, well you know.

Although I have wondered about something related. Is it possible that these newer tires like P Zeros, PS4s, etc. can break loose a little at higher speeds like these guys are talking about on a Mustang without much if any noise and little to no drama? Maybe it’s the nannies IDK but if so I’ve never noticed much so I just stay in it. I guess that could bother some folks more than others depending on their experience with that sort of thing. Or, I could just be dreaming it up…

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Wait! Wait! Can I change my mind? Maybe I DO want more horsepower and track worthiness... ;)

It's hard to link to a Facebook post
I want more time to be able to use, drive high strung machines. That is more of an issue than building it today. It is stupidly easy to make 700-1000 hp. But a lot harder to find a place to use it on the street, and if you have a job time to track it.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Yeah, you gotta wonder maybe a little. I mean, if a 500 ain’t gonna do it, well you know.

Although I have wondered about something related. Is it possible that these newer tires like P Zeros, PS4s, etc. can break loose a little at higher speeds like these guys are talking about on a Mustang without much if any noise and little to no drama? Maybe it’s the nannies IDK but if so I’ve never noticed much so I just stay in it. I guess that could bother some folks more than others depending on their experience with that sort of thing. Or, I could just be dreaming it up…
Not all street surfaces are smooth or clean.

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sometimes I really wonder if it’s just me. Or maybe it’s just the mentality of true car guys. But I have a hard time being satisfied with what I have. An S550 GT is probably as perfect for most people as a street car gets. In fact, it’s probably more car than I and most have the ability to fully use on the street, and I don’t do track. But, I now also have two Mach 1s and I’m even eyeballing GT500s.

I‘m a logical and reasonable guy so this makes no sense even to me. Seems like if something is out there I want it whether I need and can use it or not. And no, the problem is not what you’re thinking. But it is real.

Anybody else ever deal with this?

Hmmm, maybe just a little FI on one of the Machs…
Always. I get to use everything the car has on my ocassional trips between Midland & Houston. Cutting the time in half feels great.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I don't need more at high RPM (so far). I haven't taken my Mustang to run laps, and I won't while it's under warranty.
I would like it to be more responsive at low RPM.
I'm used to my cars being more responsive at 50mph and 5th gear.
That's because the others are Japanese cars, the OEMs forgot that some countries have speed limits over 50mph, and these cars are geared pretty short.
(My 240SX has a 4.08 rear end, and my Evo has a 4.687 rear end. ...At both ends. 😁)

If I want to pass somebody from 50mph in my Mustang, I need to shift down a gear or two.
That's when I want more.
...But, I bought a Mustang GT because I wanted a good highway car, and
shifting is much less expensive than modifying my engine. 🙃

Last edited:

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Always been of the mindset, if I have 10K to blow on my car, I'd start wheel/tire/suspension/chassis wise first then have fun with power later.
I don't really want my car to be driving illegal speeds to put a smile on my face.
Plus FI has its own sets of issues, and for most of my issues with the car, non can really be solved with power, its generally all suspension related.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

In my experience the tires were dead silent when they broke loose the only tell tale is the rear of the car starting to rotate out towards the passenger side. I know I am not bullshitting about what I'm saying I have the underwear marks to prove it :)

I suspect the 500 has far superior rubber, chassis etc. that helps keep it composed in those situations. And pavement smoothness and condition can be a factor as well as temperature of the pavement and tires. Plus the Neros are complete shite.........

• Haha
Reactions: MCS

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a 1000hp TT 10r80 car and it is completely useless and down right dangerous on the street.

That said, 1200 would be better. :p

Oh, and I definitely plan to add a Mach 1, or maybe a Boss 302 soon enough...

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Always!
Sponsored