Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
When i get mine i am thinking of upgrading the 400a with speakers powered by an Alpine KTP-445u, no DSP. Would that work? Would i be able to use the Rockford RFI2SW adapters for speaker to RCA connected to the Mouser plug?
Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Has anyone tried adding the LOC behind the radio? I have a base gt and I'm looking to amp everything. I'd prefer cleanliness with full control over the balance and fader so I want to tap all 4 channels into my 4 channel LOC.

diagnostiker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clyde
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: GT Fastback Triple Yellow, in Transit
First of all, thanks for sharing all those valuable informations which might have taken years to figure out all by myself :headbang:

Wondering if anyone tried to also measure the negative lines with the audio outs ... my car is in transit still, so I can't do it myself.
Wiring looks to me like balanced outputs, so attaching the negative side to ground w/o taking proper measures might cause trouble, besides loosing quite some signal strength.

Nevertheless, sub'd and greetz from Germany :thumbsup:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A question for all current owners which I haven't found yet: how is Ford's implementation of continuous play on the OEM head units?

(Continuous play is the way the head unit connects sequential mp3 files during playback)

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
do we know the max speaker depth for the 6.5" woofer in the door? I can only extrapolate from what others have installed, close to 3" I believe

OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
do we know the max speaker depth for the 6.5" woofer in the door? I can only extrapolate from what others have installed, close to 3" I believe
I did not think to measure.

All I know is my Hertz Milles fit without issue and without the spacers that the OEM speakers used.

The Milles are big speakers, so I honestly don't think there are going to be many (if any) speakers that won't fit.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
have a an audio friend helping me selecting parts out for my build. Loaned me a speaker to test fit in the door this weekend and ill try to take some measurements. Since your Hertz 1600 woofers (3" deep) fit without the spacer Im hoping this 6.5" Anarchy Woofer (3.66" deep can fit).

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So i took my door panel off and went on a measuring spree:

Front 6.5" Speaker
Mounting hole: 5.75" diameter
Spacer: 1" depth + .25" foam
Speaker with spacer: 2.75" depth
Stock Magnet: 2 7/8" width
Mounting Depth: 5.5"

Window rolled all the way down:
Depth partially reduced to 2.75"
Window protrusion in mounting hole: 1" of the 5.75" diameter

Front 3.5" Midrange
Mounting Hole: 3" diameter
Spacer: 1" depth + .25" foam
Mounting Depth: 1.25"
Stock Magnet: 1 1/8" width

Will do some rear measurements tomorrow, getting too muggy outside. Depth isnt really going to matter for the rears speakers.

The Anarchy woofer I was looking at can fit with caveats. Cant roll down the window in the last couple inches. MAYBE the window can roll all the way down with a spacer, cant tell for sure.

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
Is there an easy way to add an aftermarket amp and sub to replace the stock one inside the trunk on the 201A/401A? The sub is the only thing I would like to replace/upgrade. Thoughts?

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is there an easy way to add an aftermarket amp and sub to replace the stock one inside the trunk on the 201A/401A? The sub is the only thing I would like to replace/upgrade. Thoughts?

or add a subwoofer to the 200a...

drak24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Anyone have any advice on removing the window control panel from the door? not sure how to release it from the clips and I don't want to break it by putting too much force. Was any specific tool used? Are there any specific points I should be trying to pry it out from?

Gtrtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Magnetic
Anyone have any advice on removing the window control panel from the door? not sure how to release it from the clips and I don't want to break it by putting too much force. Was any specific tool used? Are there any specific points I should be trying to pry it out from?
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]PO7hgaD5I7M[/MEDIA]"]

drak24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
I've watched that video a dozen times, while trying to remove the panel, and I just can't get it off. in the video, it shows him pushing his fingers underneath it and pushing up, but I can't get enough clearance for my fingers to go in like that, and it feels like if i force the opening open anymore something might crack or snap. If anyone has done it and has a method they used, I'd like to hear it. I might just take the risk forcing it, but if it breaks I'll have to find a replacement panel.

OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I've watched that video a dozen times, while trying to remove the panel, and I just can't get it off. in the video, it shows him pushing his fingers underneath it and pushing up, but I can't get enough clearance for my fingers to go in like that, and it feels like if i force the opening open anymore something might crack or snap. If anyone has done it and has a method they used, I'd like to hear it. I might just take the risk forcing it, but if it breaks I'll have to find a replacement panel.
I just used a trim removal tool and popped it up. It is a scary procedure, lol.

I've had to pull mine a few times now, and no issues yet.
Sponsored