Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Porsche RS s are track weapons, stripped, lightened, with race seats and roll cages. We arent trying to make that. A customer might want to make that themselves, but we want a car thats a great base on the street and on the track.

Not to mention that the Porsche Cayman RS starts from over €155,000 Euros, and the 911 GT3 RS etc are WAYYYYY over €200,000 and the Steeda Q767 starts from €80,000 ish and the version tested in the video was probably a shade over €100,000 with the options.

The Bilsterberg video directly compares times with a BMW M4 Compettion (€120,000 starting price) and we equalled its time in bad weather, with the wrong tires and without our magneride controller fitted. So we know we can easily beat it quite handily with our new MIchelin Cup 2 tyre set up and the Magneride controller fitted.
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Nurburgring during TF is a public road so no helmets required just fast cars and fun.
Considering I have been on that track I wouldn't consider driving it without a helmet or a roll cage at those speeds as anything can happen especially due to some of the careless driving that I have witnessed.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Considering I have been on that track I wouldn't consider driving it without a helmet or a roll cage at those speeds as anything can happen especially due to some of the careless driving that I have witnessed.
Seat belts and airbags, I'm good.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
to be objective, adding more power while maintaining road course capability is not easy :)
True enough. Nothing is easy haha!
Cooling, weight, cost and more all come into play.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The Bilsterberg video directly compares times with a BMW M4 Compettion (€120,000 starting price) and we equalled its time in bad weather, with the wrong tires and without our magneride controller fitted. So we know we can easily beat it quite handily with our new MIchelin Cup 2 tyre set up and the Magneride controller fitted.
I do agree that a modded Mustang can beat BMW M4 Competition with similar drivers on the same track but once the M4 even has an chip tuning is wiping the floor with the Mustang. A friend of mine has an M4 Competition xDrive when the car was stock (PS4s) on my local track he did 1:06.8 when my best is 1:06.39 on AR-1's in 305/30/19. Ones the M4 got a RaceChip with the same stock pads and stock chip the car dropped to 1:04.8 and this is a time that my stock 420 hp Mustang just can't reach. We are not talking tires, wheels, suspension modes or basically in the case of the Steeda Mach 1 having 1/4th of the 60 000 euro MSRP on the Mach 1 in mods. If an M4 Competition owner put 1/4 the value of the car in mods the car will be unreachable for the Mach 1. Hell even with a Cup 2 tyres the M4 probably will be unreachable. With that in Mind the 80 000 euro asking price or 100 000 put that in the ball park of a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS/GT4 without having a Porsche badge. However based on the video we can see that at least in corners will match the GT4 performance not so much on the straights but this is only because the Cayman is a 9 seconds 100-200 km/h while the Mustang is more like 11 seconds with the current mods. Hope this makes sense. Still most of my mods are team Steeda as you can see from signature so I know your products do work and I'm very happy that we have Steeda UK/EU to ship from you guys literally made my project car and results possible.

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
yes you could get the m4 comp to be faster but it is a euro 6 cyl turbo that many of us find to be somewhat uninteresting. an na v8 at full throttle has no equal. also, the front end of m4 comp is quite ugly. i’d take the steeda mach, personally.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
yes you could get the m4 comp to be faster but it is a euro 6 cyl turbo that many of us find to be somewhat uninteresting. an na v8 at full throttle has no equal. also, the front end of m4 comp is quite ugly. i’d take the steeda mach, personally.
M4 may as well be the fastest car on the planet, but that design is so horrendous. It gives me shivers every time I see it on the road. Can't imagine owning one.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
we are talking lap times and track performance though. I think currently the new G82 M4 is one of the fastest track cars in the World and that is when they are stock. Even the old M4 is much faster in fact a modded M4 from the old generation is dominating my class of Time Attack for the past 2 years.

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
we are talking lap times and track performance though. I think currently the new G82 M4 is one of the fastest track cars in the World and that is when they are stock. Even the old M4 is much faster in fact a modded M4 from the old generation is dominating my class of Time Attack for the past 2 years.
Pretty sure a base C8 will tame a base M4 around any road course on the same tires. They've been matched side by side many times and that's been the outcome.

I don't think you can get more bang for your buck at the track than a C8 - I see them there all the time and I've never seen a "base" car do what those things do.

I've been behind quite a few M4s and it always surprises me how loose they are. They gain so much time with their raw power so on "power tracks" they impress people. But you can't put one on a true twisty vs a C8 and keep up.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure a base C8 will tame a base M4 around any road course on the same tires. They've been matched side by side many times and that's been the outcome.

I don't think you can get more bang for your buck at the track than a C8 - I see them there all the time and I've never seen a "base" car do what those things do.

I've been behind quite a few M4s and it always surprises me how loose they are. They gain so much time with their raw power so on "power tracks" they impress people. But you can't put one on a true twisty vs a C8 and keep up.
I'm in Europe the M4 is cheaper than a C8 here. But yeah they are Loose which is the reason a Mustang with good suspension and race tires can be as fast or even faster even when it have 100 hp less and a Manual vs the Auto in the M4.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I do agree that a modded Mustang can beat BMW M4 Competition with similar drivers on the same track but once the M4 even has an chip tuning is wiping the floor with the Mustang. A friend of mine has an M4 Competition xDrive when the car was stock (PS4s) on my local track he did 1:06.8 when my best is 1:06.39 on AR-1's in 305/30/19. Ones the M4 got a RaceChip with the same stock pads and stock chip the car dropped to 1:04.8 and this is a time that my stock 420 hp Mustang just can't reach. We are not talking tires, wheels, suspension modes or basically in the case of the Steeda Mach 1 having 1/4th of the 60 000 euro MSRP on the Mach 1 in mods. If an M4 Competition owner put 1/4 the value of the car in mods the car will be unreachable for the Mach 1. Hell even with a Cup 2 tyres the M4 probably will be unreachable. With that in Mind the 80 000 euro asking price or 100 000 put that in the ball park of a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS/GT4 without having a Porsche badge. However based on the video we can see that at least in corners will match the GT4 performance not so much on the straights but this is only because the Cayman is a 9 seconds 100-200 km/h while the Mustang is more like 11 seconds with the current mods. Hope this makes sense. Still most of my mods are team Steeda as you can see from signature so I know your products do work and I'm very happy that we have Steeda UK/EU to ship from you guys literally made my project car and results possible.
I guess im lucky that I beat bmw m4’s all the time. Maybe it’s cause I have a sc but they always try to race me. Yes they are quick around a track but in the 1/4 they just don’t have the hp I do.

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
Very mildly warmed over Mach 1 from my understanding. While it takes some track time and knowledge of how changes effect the car across the board from a performance standpoint, this is accomplished fairly easily with some upgraded springs, sways, braking and a huge yet light wheel and tire combo. In short a PP1 or PP2 with $7500 spent on the right goodies will yield very similar results.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The parts list is actually quite extensive.

Steeda 'implied' it was pretty much camber plates, springs and sways when they offered the 'Nürburgring' package, but provided this info on another thread :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...urburg-package-2021-2023.189458/#post-3804881

Thank you ! :like:

That's quite a list :sunglasses: (copy / paste from your link) :

Steeda Adjustable Front & Rear Adjustable Anti Roll Bars with Billet HD Mounts
Steeda Ultimate Handling Dual Rate Magneride Springs
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace
Steeda Camber plates
Steeda Jacking Rails
Steeda Vertical link - Polybush
Steeda 2 point G-Trac Brace
Steeda Performance Wheel Alignment
Steeda Front Tension Links
Steeda Front Lateral Links
Steeda Bumpsteer KIt
Steeda Rear Adjustable Toe Links
Steeda Rear Camber Adjust Kit
Steeda Magneride Controller
Velgen VF5 lightweight Wheels -20x10 and 20x11"
Michelin Cup 2 in 295/30/20 & 315/30/20
DBA Two Piece Slotted Front Brake Discs
DBA One Piece Slotted Rear Brake Discs
DBA Extreme Performance Brake Pads
Goodridge Braided Brake LInes

WD :like:
WD :like:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The parts list is actually quite extensive.

Steeda 'implied' it was pretty much camber plates, springs and sways when they offered the 'Nürburgring' package, but provided this info on another thread :
Realistically some of this are nice to have in the list like all the geometry correction. You can get similar results without camber kit on the rear or control arms in the front though they surely help.
Sponsored