bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was commented that the gearing was ideal for the track ?

It was also commented (multiple times) that the car had 'lots' of grip which I should imagine negates some of the benefit of the torsen - maybe if the car had less tyre (as commented) so it moved around more (or a street tyre or more power / forced induction etc), the torsen would then become more of an advantage ?

WD :like:
I track the 3.55 track-loc for 5 seasons now over 20 track days and over 500 laps. I'm sure a torsen is better but I never seen the diff been an issue with my car. With the extra grip from the 305 tires the car is on rails and super predictable. Which is also the case in the Steeda Mach 1 since you have so much more tire and with 315/30/20 at the back the final ratio stays at 3.55 or very close to it so the shifts are longer and better without you having to change at the end of straights before braking zones. Even with less tire if the suspension is sorted out the car will move very little even on 275 street tires I have hard time sliding the rear end but this was the case even with stock suspension when I did a proper (toe in rear) alignment. Though my brother says that I broke the fun car which sounds like is Misha complain as well.
I think all of us have something to learn from this lap and the build list.
Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
I track the 3.55 track-loc for 5 seasons now over 20 track days and over 500 laps. I'm sure a torsen is better but I never seen the diff been an issue with my car. With the extra grip from the 305 tires the car is on rails and super predictable. Which is also the case in the Steeda Mach 1 since you have so much more tire and with 315/30/20 at the back the final ratio stays at 3.55 or very close to it so the shifts are longer and better without you having to change at the end of straights before braking zones. Even with less tire if the suspension is sorted out the car will move very little even on 275 street tires I have hard time sliding the rear end but this was the case even with stock suspension when I did a proper (toe in rear) alignment. Though my brother says that I broke the fun car which sounds like is Misha complain as well.
I think all of us have something to learn from this lap and the build list.
On my home track there are one or two spots where it benefits you if you can get your car to shift a little off the curbing on apex but an S550 with 295+ footprint won't do it.

This is both good and bad depending on your outlook.

I prefer maximum plant

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
In all my adult life and following mustangs, Steeda has never been on my radar for parts enhancements or performance. I guess some true time comparisons would change my mind between the models excluding superchargers.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
In all my adult life and following mustangs, Steeda has never been on my radar for parts enhancements or performance. I guess some true time comparisons would change my mind between the models excluding superchargers.
This is the closest that I've seen from them with a video on a direct comparison with track times from one of their parts. This is specific to their custom magneride calibration for their dual rate magneride springs.

I can tell you that their parts work. I have full Steeda suspension on my GT350 and after making the switch from Ford Racing parts, I've not lost an autocross event I've entered (usually by a few tenths or even more) compared to previously where I'd only managed to barely win one event by less than a hundredth of a second.

So in my experience - Ford Suspension < Ford Racing Suspension < Steeda Suspension in that order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Not an apples-to-apples comparison but from this video - you can see the improvements the Steeda parts provide. We have countless videos on our YouTube channel - showcasing the benefits:

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that their parts work. I have full Steeda suspension on my GT350 and after making the switch from Ford Racing parts, I've not lost an autocross event I've entered (usually by a few tenths or even more) compared to previously where I'd only managed to barely win one event by less than a hundredth of a second.

So in my experience - Ford Suspension < Ford Racing Suspension < Steeda Suspension in that order.
I have driven an stock EU Mach 1 on a test drive. I'm sure the Steeda Mach 1 by the looks of that video is much much faster than a stock EU Mach 1.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no helmets?
i actually prefer the na v8. its more pure.
Nurburgring during TF is a public road so no helmets required just fast cars and fun.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Question, that Mach 1 is left hand Drive is it an export model with standard LSD 3.55:1 or does it have the Torsen diff and 3.73 rear end?
A stock Europe model with the normal diff. The steering wheel on the left per Robbie.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Yeah, there is roush mustang and saleen mustang and rtr mustang and shelby mustang and on and on. Most of us kinda know that all of them are ford mustangs 🤦‍♂️

Never seen steeda claiming that they have engineered and built this car ground up.
Exactly. No one is denying what Ford gives us! We love the Mustang platform, and we hope its clear! The whole point is this car is a STEEDA homologated and registered car in Europe. So its not registered as a Ford Mustang, its registered as a Steeda Mustang. Ford give us a great platform, and we build on it. Dont forget in Europe the rules are different and what you can get is different. For example the "Track Pack" is not available for the Mach 1 in Europe.

So yes, this absolutely IS a Steeda Mustang. And its not only a super performing car but a historic one!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nice car but when I think of steeda I think it should be super charged. Without that then it’s no fun. If I’m spending that kinda $$$ i want forced induction.
In what world is crushing Porsches on track not fun??? 8)

The whole point is to prove what it can do WITHOUT more power. As you can easily add more power later....

Just like the Steeda Silver Bullet drag car project.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Marketing or not, that was a good lap especially with all the traffic. The mustang passed many porsches so they all can't be bad drivers. If you watch he is never fighting the wheel. The car is planted and very stable. Almost to a fault according to the driver, he was asking for smaller tires so he could throw the car around. Not too many times will you ever hear a driver wanting less tire.

Looks like a solid package from Steeda.

Now the question is will they make this available as a kit for GT's.
Yes we already do! Welcome to the Steeda Q500 Enforcer!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In what world is crushing Porsches on track not fun??? 8)

The whole point is to prove what it can do WITHOUT more power. As you can easily add more power later....

Just like the Steeda Silver Bullet drag car project.
We still don't have an objective measure on the crushing part. Maybe Steeda Mustang could do an official record attempt on the Nurburgring and we can see that in objective measurement as a real lap time on the board. And we can compare lap times to the Cayman GT4. As I don't think it has what it take to beat the GT4 RS lap time. Ether way an official record attempt will be great.