Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Per our Steeda Vehicles Team:

In order to address the confusion surrounding the name of the vehicle, the Steeda Mach 1, I would like to clarify the recent developments. After nearly a decade of extensive communication with European and Ford officials, we have successfully obtained full European Certification and Homologation for our parts and serialized performance vehicles.

Previously, our European customers who wished to modify their Mustangs were unable to do so legally, as all aftermarket parts in that region required certification and homologation of the components for import and sale. This process was both challenging and costly.

Through our collaboration with Ford and European authorities, we have become the only aftermarket parts manufacturer for Ford Mustangs to achieve certification under the United Kingdom's Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) and the Swedish Transport Authority, covering all European markets. Notably, other Mustang aftermarket suppliers such as Shelby, RTR, and Saleen have not attained this certification.

As a result, European customers can now directly order Steeda serialized vehicles, including the Steeda Q500, Steeda Q850 StreetFighter, and Steeda Mach 1, from Ford dealerships, ensuring full regulatory compliance and warranty coverage. These vehicles will be officially recognized as manufactured by Steeda, featuring the necessary compliance certifications plate, along with the Ford VIN and the unique Steeda serialization number that confirms their authenticity and exclusivity.

With homologation certification, European enthusiasts can finally expand their options beyond our vehicle lineup by purchasing a wide range of parts to enhance their garages. Owning a "Steeda Mach 1" will no longer require registering or titling it as a Ford Mustang; instead, it will be recognized as a Steeda Vehicle. This not only strengthens our credibility in the European market but also significantly increases the value of these vehicles.

Since only 1,500 units are allowed per year, these limited production models will be exceptionally rare. However, the fact that they will be titled as Steeda vehicles rather than Ford Mustangs adds to their exclusivity. With homologation for all Steeda vehicles, we can provide owners with the opportunity to possess something truly special, backed by an unparalleled guarantee of quality.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Marketing or not, that was a good lap especially with all the traffic. The mustang passed many porsches so they all can't be bad drivers. If you watch he is never fighting the wheel. The car is planted and very stable. Almost to a fault according to the driver, he was asking for smaller tires so he could throw the car around. Not too many times will you ever hear a driver wanting less tire.

Looks like a solid package from Steeda.

Now the question is will they make this available as a kit for GT's.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah he seems like he'd be super fun to have conversations with at a party.
he who is above all the pleebs surrounding him, brave internet warrior on guard of Ford copyrights, star of any party.

Jeesh, why all of them end up being from Florida? Is it something in the water or what?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I guess you’ve run out of (or never had) valid insults if you’re pivoting to my home state. Cool that you looked, though..I’m flattered.

PS - Steeda is from Florida…
Unlike you, I never insulted you personally unti last post. Sorry, but it seems that I'm not the only one in this thread thinking that your behavior is moronic. Make your conclusions. All the best.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Was this mostly enabled by Ford deciding to sell the Mach1 in Europe, enabling anyone in EU to to buy a new Mach1 Mustang? Just curious about how that extends and/or legitimizes the sale of Steeda parts in EU? As in, how are those two connected?
You could stand to learn a lot about how German TUV certification and similar other EU countires certifications work. It's not like the US where anyone with a welder and some steel can whip up some suspension parts and sell them for installation on road legal vehicles. Think CARB certification for engine modifications in California, but expand it to any modification made to the car at all away from stock.

Steeda clearly states they worked to reach certification with the government and Ford to license their own vehicles. Think of them the same way you'd think of an Alpina B7. Sure it started as a BMW and Alpina will never deny that/ Alpina has just reached such a high level of relationship with the OE manufacturer that the manufacturer will ship cars direct to them for modification and they go out the door as Alpina's, not BMW's modified by Alpina. Even though that is in effect what they are. Same here with Steeda and Ford. Customer goes to a Ford dealership and instead of ordering a Ford Mustang Mach 1, they have the option to order a Steeda Q767 and it will be registered and titled as such instead of a Ford Mustang Mach 1 with some Steeda parts on it.

No idea why you have such a hard-on for this minor detail of the video that doesn't even apply to you as it only applies to EU delivered and built vehicles.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Question, that Mach 1 is left hand Drive is it an export model with standard LSD 3.55:1 or does it have the Torsen diff and 3.73 rear end?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
And this was my initial inquisition. Some people in this thread areobviously the type who like to be a victim.
Misha literally makes the Alpina comparison in the video, and yet you alone managed to drag this thread out multiple pages with your accusations and inquiries that would have all been solved if you just paid attention to the information in the video in the very first post.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Question, that Mach 1 is left hand Drive is it an export model with standard LSD 3.55:1 or does it have the Torsen diff and 3.73 rear end?
This is a very good question :like:

@tj@steeda ?

WD :like:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This is a very good question :like:

@tj@steeda ?

It's not a torsen it's the 3.55 you can see how long the gears are in this video especially 5th that is up to 250 or so km/h this only happen with the 3.55 gears.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
What did I miss? 🍿

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If thats the case, there is even further improvement left in this Mach 1.
Depends as on such a fast track you don't need lot's of acceleration but switching to 3:73 will make you ether shift more or stay on higher gear in some corners.

I'm planing to take my Mustang to the Nurburgring in September to see how it will perform. So I'm spending lot's of time in the simulator (GT7) with the car and with 3.55 the car feels easier to drive with 3.73 there are some shifts that are not convenient.

For example at Schwedenkreuz just before the jump where the car is hitting 250 km/h with 3.73 you need to upshift to 6th and then downshift to 5th before the left corner that's 2 shifts more to effectively do the same thing.

It's ok for a pro like Misha but for someone with less experience like me could be dangerous.

Since I have 3.55 with 275/40 stock and my track tires are 305/30/19 (effectively making the diff 3.73) I can chose which option I prefer for the Nurburgring so far I think I'm going with my street wheels/tires as this will make for a better trip and will be easier to drive.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Depends as on such a fast track you don't need lot's of acceleration but switching to 3:73 will make you ether shift more or stay on higher gear in some corners.

I'm planing to take my Mustang to the Nurburgring in September to see how it will perform. So I'm spending lot's of time in the simulator (GT7) with the car and with 3.55 the car feels easier to drive with 3.73 there are some shifts that are not convenient.

For example at Schwedenkreuz just before the jump where the car is hitting 250 km/h with 3.73 you need to upshift to 6th and then downshift to 5th before the left corner that's 2 shifts more to effectively do the same thing.

It's ok for a pro like Misha but for someone with less experience like me could be dangerous.

Since I have 3.55 with 275/40 stock and my track tires are 305/30/19 (effectively making the diff 3.73) I can chose which option I prefer for the Nurburgring so far I think I'm going with my street wheels/tires as this will make for a better trip and will be easier to drive.
Interesting, I wonder if the drive out of the higher speed corners would see any improvement with the torsen. Get the extra shifts with the 3.73 ratio.

Would be a blast to drive that track, wider tyres I would have thought would be your best option, if you have the alignment and suspension to maximise the extra grip.
Either way it will be a fun drive.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was commented that the gearing was ideal for the track ?

It was also commented (multiple times) that the car had 'lots' of grip which I should imagine negates some of the benefit of the torsen - maybe if the car had less tyre (as commented) so it moved around more (or a street tyre or more power / forced induction etc), the torsen would then become more of an advantage ?

Sponsored