Steeda Pro Active Struts too soft?

VaasL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Hi, I have a 2016 EB Convertible daily driver in London, so think speed-bumps potholes cracks and anything imaginable every 2 minutes.

I bought the Steeda pro Active struts as I was advised by them that it would upgrade the OEM system both in sport performance handling and also making it more comfortable to drive over speed-bumps with them being ā€˜activeā€™.

I got these fitted together with the lowering springs, IRS pack and front/back antiroll bars.

The difference in handling is night and day; minimal bodyroll, cornering at higher speeds, overall sensation of always being in control even when the car skids.

But the thing is the car dips in a lot... speedbumps make me hit the roof with my head, drainage holes or potholes surprises are scary and its almost like i can feel the paint in the asphalt. These are things that I donā€™t remember happening before....

I thought maybe it just had to be set to a firmer setting but my mechanic told me that it would only make the ride more uncomfortable.
Any suggestions? Is this the price to pay for better handling or should I adjust them and make them firmer?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Adjust them softer.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi, I have a 2016 EB Convertible daily driver in London, so think speed-bumps potholes cracks and anything imaginable every 2 minutes.

I bought the Steeda pro Active struts as I was advised by them that it would upgrade the OEM system both in sport performance handling and also making it more comfortable to drive over speed-bumps with them being ā€˜activeā€™.

I got these fitted together with the lowering springs, IRS pack and front/back antiroll bars.

The difference in handling is night and day; minimal bodyroll, cornering at higher speeds, overall sensation of always being in control even when the car skids.

But the thing is the car dips in a lot... speedbumps make me hit the roof with my head, drainage holes or potholes surprises are scary and its almost like i can feel the paint in the asphalt. These are things that I donā€™t remember happening before....

I thought maybe it just had to be set to a firmer setting but my mechanic told me that it would only make the ride more uncomfortable.
Any suggestions? Is this the price to pay for better handling or should I adjust them and make them firmer?
Please pm your contact info. I will go over the build with you.

Thank you,

Steeda tech
Sponsored