Sponsored

Steeda IRS quick help, this doesn't look right

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Perhaps the logo should be rotated 90° so that more metal is left at the section where these bends are showing up . . .

Norm
I'd recommend not cutting the logo into the metal which weakens that point ... just lightly stamp it or put a decal on instead. My older version of these braces have no logo at all and look way more beefy in that area than the newer design.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd recommend not cutting the logo into the metal which weakens that point ... just lightly stamp it or put a decal on instead. My older version of these braces have no logo at all and look way more beefy in that area than the newer design.
Better solutions, for sure. :like:

Norm

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I don't recall mine having a logo either. I purchased mine in Janurary. I'll check for sure when I go out to the car.

Norm's idea is a great one. Still keep the logo while making the brace UPS delivery proof. It'll take horsepower all day without bending but those UPS men have special damage your stuff powers.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
On most of our patented products we like to laser our logo on our products. This helps keep the counterfeiters at bay. This was one of our most copied part from China, when it was introduced.
As said earlier, we respect the suggestions of our customers and will make the running changes accordingly.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I just unboxed mine, and the two braces have different size holes. Luckily my car wont be here for about a month, so theres time to exchange.
IMG_3461.JPG

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
On most of our patented products we like to laser our logo on our products. This helps keep the counterfeiters at bay. This was one of our most copied part from China, when it was introduced.
As said earlier, we respect the suggestions of our customers and will make the running changes accordingly.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech
Rotating the logo 90 degrees would probably stop the bend while keeping the logo.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Rotating the logo 90 degrees would probably stop the bend while keeping the logo.
The only reason we made the slots slightly larger on the one side was there was inconsistencies with the vehicles related to that side. So we will just make the change to the other side to reflect the slightly larger slot.

Please pm me if you have any further questions.

Thank you
Steeda Tech

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason we made the slots slightly larger on the one side was there was inconsistencies with the vehicles related to that side. So we will just make the change to the other side to reflect the slightly larger slot.

Please pm me if you have any further questions.

Thank you
Steeda Tech
Initially i disliked the idea of having to enlarge the holes, thinking that it would lessen the effectiveness of the braces. But i realized that the braces aren't so much limiting front/back movement as they are limiting up/down movement of the cradle. Given this, i don't see how the size of the holes would make any difference in that function. For me, i think this is a non-issue as far as functionality is concerned.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Deleted my post since a Moderator removed the offensive poster's post I was referring to.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I always buy directly from steeda and had no issues with my braces.

Flipside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Oxford White,
9C8BBEC6-6248-4354-9F13-C6D8729B746A.jpeg
Just purchased these today. Hopefully Brian can take care of this defect tomorrow as I would like to install it tomorrow. Luckily I’m 5 minutes away from Steeda.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Looking at the laser cut logo sizing and the close proximity of the necessary bolt through hole - isn’t that laser logo creating a possible weak spot in what was a previous better design (without the logo)?

I understand about wanting and needing to stamp company logos on parts to avoid theft of intellectual property - but there has to be a better placement for the logo.... or leave it off as it was in the pre-logo designs. I mean the sad thing is, overseas copy cats can easily copy anyone’s product with or without a logo...

(Off topic: Steeda, will you ever offer these in black powder coat?)

Flipside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Oxford White,
Patiently waiting for a replacement. Starting to get disappointed with Steeda.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
9C8BBEC6-6248-4354-9F13-C6D8729B746A.jpeg
Just purchased these today. Hopefully Brian can take care of this defect tomorrow as I would like to install it tomorrow. Luckily I’m 5 minutes away from Steeda.
You can always weld or bolt a piece of metal over it
Sponsored