Sponsored

Steeda endlink interferance

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Iv been working on installing a bunch of the final Steeda goodies this past week which will make my car “full Steeda catalog”. I’m a little nervous about their front adjustable end links and brake lines. First it’s appears the grease nipples would hit the back of the front shock (Steeda pro action adjustable) if I had the endlinks on a stiffer bar setting (Steeda bars) second the front Steeda brake lines defiantly hit the end link at full droop / full lock. The stock front brake lines were even worse under the same conditions with these endlinks. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Should the hard part of the line off the caliper be a angled back toward the caliper or in the direction of the engine?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
More problems; passenger side front line leaking at the connection point to the hard line next to the chassis. It’s just seeping but can’t go any tighter without damaging something...thinking about pulling all these SS lines off and going back to stock rubber and stock end-links.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Give a call to Steeda and get the way forward; their customer service is excellent.

@SteedaTech @Jigar@Steeda
I did, they said more or less that a full droop/full lock scenario will never happen on the street and not to worry about it. I don't really like that answer but ill go with it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think the full bump/full lock condition would be more critical . . . consider how bump vs rebound changes the shape of the flex line.

Norm

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This may be a Captain Obvious type of question but, are you certain when you installed the front brake lines the L and R side weren’t mixed up? It almost appears from your image that the droop or curve in the brake line should be on the other side (opposite of the zirk fitting), so it’s not near it.

?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have Goodridge lines, which are the same without the blue protective coating. They do not hit my end links at all. As for the grease fitting, I have installed plugs where the fitting goes but have also relocated the end link mounting.

Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
When you say you relocated the end link mounting, do you mean you inserted the endlink from the inside of the sway bar as opposed to the outside?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
More problems; passenger side front line leaking at the connection point to the hard line next to the chassis. It’s just seeping but can’t go any tighter without damaging something...thinking about pulling all these SS lines off and going back to stock rubber and stock end-links.

on endlinks you can just move it to the other side. You can have one going one way and the other going the other way depending on what struts and links.

The aftermarket SS brake lines are not the problem. FORD is the problem. I have never encountered the problem you mention on any other car except the mustang. This is just one of many Ford QC issues. The thread size is the thread size. It is generic and all aftermarket guys make the fittings to the known SAE or metric size. The problem seems to be the quality (size) of the FORD hard line end. You must be very careful threading these on. The tolerances are poor. I blame it on FORD. I bought essex/AP lines and could not get them to thread past 1/2 way without destroying one or the other fitting so I did not use them. But by eye I swear they were the same thread size. Then I ordered J&M lines and they fit but you could feel the galling at the LF. With Essex/AP and the J&M lines the RF side was fine but the LF was the issue. Rears were fine with both companies. I even got the weep you mention at the LF. The issue is the tolerences. So what I did was install and remove the LF about 3x at the hardline end and that reamed out the threads because the FORD hardline fitting is soft and poor quality. This also allowed for complete and proper seating and now 5 race weekends later everything is fine and the seal is good. Until you mentioned your problem I thought is was just my car. But you makes 2 of us with this issue. Are there any others who have had this problem? If I was a vendor I would be making note of this potential issue and note in my IFU's that this can be an issue and to take great care in initial mating of the fittings.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I flipped my front endlinks to the inside.. no issues with full lock, daily driving or track time..

B24B2B3F-E7AC-4F85-9527-FCF38ACA4535.jpeg

I will be fitting Steeda brake lines if they ever get here (5 weeks on order ☹) waiting to make a complete Brembo rebuild, rotors and Carbotech pads.

Last edited:

TLStevens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
on endlinks you can just move it to the other side. You can have one going one way and the other going the other way depending on what struts and links.

The aftermarket SS brake lines are not the problem. FORD is the problem. I have never encountered the problem you mention on any other car except the mustang. This is just one of many Ford QC issues. The thread size is the thread size. It is generic and all aftermarket guys make the fittings to the known SAE or metric size. The problem seems to be the quality (size) of the FORD hard line end. You must be very careful threading these on. The tolerances are poor. I blame it on FORD. I bought essex/AP lines and could not get them to thread past 1/2 way without destroying one or the other fitting so I did not use them. But by eye I swear they were the same thread size. Then I ordered J&M lines and they fit but you could feel the galling at the LF. With Essex/AP and the J&M lines the RF side was fine but the LF was the issue. Rears were fine with both companies. I even got the weep you mention at the LF. The issue is the tolerences. So what I did was install and remove the LF about 3x at the hardline end and that reamed out the threads because the FORD hardline fitting is soft and poor quality. This also allowed for complete and proper seating and now 5 race weekends later everything is fine and the seal is good. Until you mentioned your problem I thought is was just my car. But you makes 2 of us with this issue. Are there any others who have had this problem? If I was a vendor I would be making note of this potential issue and note in my IFU's that this can be an issue and to take great care in initial mating of the fittings.
I had the same problem with a set of J&M SS lines. The front would not go past one turn before locking up.
Rear Lines fit fine. I agree that the Ford hard line fittings are the problem.
Sponsored