Sponsored

Steeda Comfort Package or Wait?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Pretty straight forward question. Well, 2 questions actually.

1. After I get my new 19x10 R350's and Conti 285's installed, is the Steeda Comfort Package really that good for a DD, or should I consider waiting for the new Active Struts?

I heard they should be coming out in the next couple months.

2. Maybe someone can answer this more definitively. I inquired through the Steeda website about whether or not I need camber plates if I install the comfort package. They replied that I really need to, or my tires will wear unevenly.

However, I have seen on this forum, the Steeda Tech responded in other threads that camber plates are not needed for that package. .

So which is it? Do I need camber plates for the Comfort Package, or not?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty straight forward question. Well, 2 questions actually.

1. After I get my new 19x10 R350's and Conti 285's installed, is the Steeda Comfort Package really that good for a DD, or should I consider waiting for the new Active Struts?

I heard they should be coming out in the next couple months.

2. Maybe someone can answer this more definitively. I inquired through the Steeda website about whether or not I need camber plates if I install the comfort package. They replied that I really need to, or my tires will wear unevenly.

However, I have seen on this forum, the Steeda Tech responded in other threads that camber plates are not needed for that package. .

So which is it? Do I need camber plates for the Comfort Package, or not?

1. There's no real data on the new active dampers so it's hard to give 100% accurate advice, but the intel so far leads these to be for pure daily driving. The comfort package is tried and true with rave reviews and you can for sure performance drive this setup (Steeda has an ecoboost video at Sebring Raceway, I believe). Whatever your goals are should make the choice pretty easy.

2. Plates are not needed if you're ok with a more performance oriented amount of camber (-1.7+ or so). Would I recommend them? Yep, I wish I had got these from the start, mostly because my camber numbers are just so slightly non-symmetrical. These also strengthen the strut assembly, which is never bad. Only negatives are added cost and the slight probability of occasional noise from the bearings.

- Mike

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Just did the comfort package myself along with the caster/camber plates and bump stop kit. I definitely would get the caster camber plates and bump stops. I have a pp1 and the steeda suspension rides so much better than stock. I found the stock setup to be a little bouncy. All that is gone now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think you need camber plates, no. Anything less than ~2 degrees is perfectly fine for the street, and lowering your car a little without camber plates wont give you more camber than that. Avoid the added expense.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
The Steeda comfort pkg is their progressive springs and their non adjustable shocks and struts.

The chamber plates help ensure that your vehicle will be in proper alignment. They help your car get back to the factory alignment specs that you had with stock suspension. Without them you can get “close” but I don’t think you can get the car back to same target alignment as the suspension geometry has been altered with the lowering springs.
Sponsored