Steeda bump steer kit

Billy2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Installed steeda bump steer kit and ready to go for alignment.Worried about driving there because the alignment looks way off.Is it normal for the alignment to look off after this installation?

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4197.jpeg

IMG_4243.jpeg

IMG_4244.jpeg
Sponsored

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
that looks toed in very much , get them closer to point straight and then drive it , how far is your aliment shop ?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It also looks like you aren't going to fix your bump steer with that setting. Or are you asking the shop to correct the bump steer?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
The alignment shop usually wont adjust your bump steer as far as I know. I think a specialized shop wanted to charge me about $400 back in 2017 if I am not mistaken? There is a kit you can buy to adjust it, you basically have to remove the springs and take suspension on full range of motion with a gauge to correct the geometry.

Like this one from CJ pony parts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/maximum...J2H5J1RXPMFGEiwxOerXMzOyZVoxLczhoCJskQAvD_BwE

And just try to fix the toe some before you drive it there, you don't want to eat your tires up looks aggressive toe in.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What are you seeing or looking at in the pics to make that call?
The steering linkage should be parallel with the LCA. To me, the first photo looks like the steering linkage is at a far steeper angle than the LCA. It's not far off at all, but it does look like it should be tweaked a bit.

xr4x4ti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
Like others said, a normal alignment shop will not adjust the pump steer. You really need to take the springs out and put the suspension through its motions

I used a laser to adjust my bump steer. I cover the basics in this video:

Tim

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how much your car is lowered but mine is lowered all the way down on Steeda coilovers and I had to set my Steeda bumpsteer kit on the knuckle side all the way up with all the spacers on the bottom side.

Also, you should have measured your stock stuff first and then matched the length with the bumpsteer kit installed. Mine was very close to the same as stock alignment before driving to the shop.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The steering linkage should be parallel with the LCA. To me, the first photo looks like the steering linkage is at a far steeper angle than the LCA. It's not far off at all, but it does look like it should be tweaked a bit.
Aahhh perfect; that's what i thought.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Like others said, a normal alignment shop will not adjust the pump steer. You really need to take the springs out and put the suspension through its motions

I used a laser to adjust my bump steer. I cover the basics in this video:

Tim
I used this video what researching bump steer. Very helpful.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Normally to get it close I was told you want to make it parallel to the control arm. The other way is very cumbersome. You have to cycle the suspension through its full range and record the amount of toe change and then keep adjusting the spacers until you get the smallest amount of toe change throughout the range.
Sponsored