Sponsored

Starting the twin install...

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I will keep updating with more pics as I progress. I am hoping to have the turbo kit done within the next few days. I only get a few hours today and then a couple hours during the week in the evening to work on it. I am also waiting on a tune to get it fired up. I hope to be up and running this week, the sooner the better! :headbang:
So why did you choose to go with turbos instead of a supercharger? My heart leans towards TT, but the checkbook towards SC.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kryckter

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What supports the turbos hanging off the front of the engine? Is there a bracket or just the manifolds holding them up?
There is a bracket for each turbo in addition to all of the piping, those things are rock solid and not moving a bit!

So why did you choose to go with turbos instead of a supercharger? My heart leans towards TT, but the checkbook towards SC.
My main reason for turbos was to try something new. I have had several supercharged cars, centrifugal to TVS cars, it was time for something new. Plus I like the idea of an electronic boost controller and turning it up with a flip of a switch! And lastly, they just look AMAZING!!!

Updated with Day 4 progress. Not as much as I wanted, but still some progress. More to come this week. :D

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sub'd! :headbang:

Sponsored

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
How hard is it going to be to change the belt now? Is there plenty of room or is it a major undertaking? It's hard to tell from the pictures. Sorry for all the questions but this is the kit in hoping to get also. Looks great!

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Changing the belt involves removing both turbos and down pipe. Not a big deal with V bands, but how often do you need to change the belt?

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Changing the belt involves removing both turbos and down pipe. Not a big deal with V bands, but how often do you need to change the belt?
considering they are near a source of extreme heat now, I'd guess more often then usual.

OP
OP
Kryckter

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I like the theory of just a couple of v-bands and they are out. But in reality, I don't want to touch all of that again now that it is in. Some of the aligning and getting to the clamps is less than fun...

considering they are near a source of extreme heat now, I'd guess more often then usual.
I hope its not too often.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am actually looking forward to hear some long term reviews on this kits effect on everything else around it. Would like to know what type of failures may happen(wiring, etc)

OP
OP
Kryckter

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Updated the first post with Day 5's progress. I got more done than I thought with the oil drain line fixed, intercooler pipes/blow off valves done, vacuum for wastegates and blow off valves done...:headbang::headbang::headbang:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice!
Sponsored