Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I just finished installing steeda adjustable upper control arms and 1/4" spring spacers. Initial impressions are the there's noticeably less flex and wiggle in the ass end. The ride is a tad more harsh. Which was to be expected, but no additional road noise. I did a quick hit from 10mph and the car spun a lot and spun good in the 1/2 shift but tracked perfectly straight. Typically it would wiggle enough on the shift to make me nervous. Overall, the control arms are great. However, the spring spacers... 1/4" was supposed to raise the car a 1/2" but looks to be closer to 1/4". The camber is really close to what it was before the control arm install but a tad more negative. I really needed that 1/2" raise and I may have to order the 3/8" spacers or just put the stock springs back in. Which I really don't want to do because I'd like to keep the slightly higher rates of the mag ride lowering springs. But rubbing isn't good. If I was running stock camber specs it'd be fine. But I'm trying to stay close to zero.

I know my setup isn't common or if anyone is trying to run this big of tire on 20s (315 35 20 nt555r2). I also plan on running a relatively tall and wide tire on a dedicated drag setup. This is just to help inform other people not knocking a product. Maybe steeda has a better solution for my situation.

Picture is
Height .jpg
before and after.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I used a 3/8" Steeda spacer in the rear and it pretty much raised it 3/4" for me, so seemed to work ok for me. I think your height is pretty good, so I would just adjust the camber just a bit to make sure you don't rub.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I used a 3/8" Steeda spacer in the rear and it pretty much raised it 3/4" for me, so seemed to work ok for me. I think your height is pretty good, so I would just adjust the camber just a bit to make sure you don't rub.

Keeping the camber 0. Straight line life.

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I'm not sure about my tire life yet. I just got an alignment in the rear and I'm at -2, but I don't have adjustable camber arms, so will just need to see how the tires are affected.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Dumb question; after installing the spacers, did you loosen and retorque all rear suspension pivot points? There could be some bushing bind keeping you from realizing the full benefit of the spacers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Dumb question; after installing the spacers, did you loosen and retorque all rear suspension pivot points? There could be some bushing bind keeping you from realizing the full benefit of the spacers.
Yes. I pull the car on ramps and "clock" the bushings

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Yeah, I'm not sure about my tire life yet. I just got an alignment in the rear and I'm at -2, but I don't have adjustable camber arms, so will just need to see how the tires are affected.
You don't need adjustable arms to adjust rear camber. There is plenty of adjustment stock.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Keeping the camber 0. Straight line life.
ok, but have you checked squat during power? You could easily have the fender digging into the tire instead of being able to compress further and get more weight over the axle. I would take any wheel spacers out if you have some.

You have a lot of bulge so you have a wide tire on a (too?) narrow rim...

Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback. Will need to check with the alignment shop that I used as I thought that rear camber was not adjustable. Will probably try to get closer to -1.5

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Thanks for the feedback. Will need to check with the alignment shop that I used as I thought that rear camber was not adjustable. Will probably try to get closer to -1.5
The chassis side of the upper lateral link is a bolt in a slot. They can adjust camber by loosening a single bolt. Most will try to convince you it's not adjustable to save themselves the effort. Toe will need to be reset after the camber adjustment.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
ok, but have you checked squat during power? You could easily have the fender digging into the tire instead of being able to compress further and get more weight over the axle. I would take any wheel spacers out if you have some.

You have a lot of bulge so you have a wide tire on a (too?) narrow rim...
Why would I be running wheel spacers if I already have clearance issues? An 11" wide wheel is fine for a 315 tire. The tires are a tad oversized compared to others. These are drag radials.

It rubs the fender a tad over large bumps or bridges in normal mode. Sport+ since the suspension is more firm.

I might just get some GT350R springs.
Sponsored