Sponsored

Anyone used spring spacers?

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
concerned that billet aluminum sitting on top of a hardened steel spring is not a good idea, eventually as the spring compresses it seems like it would eat into the aluminum. Have you checked your spacers to see if that has happened at all?
The springs don't contact the spacer. The top of the rear springs have a rubber seat that goes on top. The spacer goes between that rubber seat and the body perch.

Check the 2nd picture. https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-spring-spacer-3-8-inch-555-8250.html
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I had the Steeda spacers installed for daily driving and track duty for a couple of years. When I removed them to change setups they looked just fine with no damage.
Good to know, thanks!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone installed a spring spacer and didnt get the correct increase in height? I have all three steeda spacers, 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8. The 1/8 and 1/4 raised the rear properly by double but the 3/8 was short by 0.25 inches only raised 0.50 inches. Suggestions? Nothing wrong with install, double checked, and spacers measured out correctly and they are quality. Appreciate any thoughts.

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Has anyone installed a spring spacer and didnt get the correct increase in height? I have all three steeda spacers, 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8. The 1/8 and 1/4 raised the rear properly by double but the 3/8 was short by 0.25 inches only raised 0.50 inches. Suggestions? Nothing wrong with install, double checked, and spacers measured out correctly and they are quality. Appreciate any thoughts.
Is the car just sitting uneven in the rear? I have that same problem without the spacers but I have not clocked the bushings yet since lowering. Waiting to finalize my suspension and then I will take it in and have it done before the alignment is performed.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ yes I did do that. Thanks for responding. My guess is the rear springs dropped a little more than 0.50 inches. So that's why the spacer didnt raise it where I thought it should. I intalled BMR drag springs recently. I think I'll go back to the BMR performance springs and see if there is a difference with the same spacer.

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Hellion TT
^^ yes I did do that. Thanks for responding. My guess is the rear springs dropped a little more than 0.50 inches. So that's why the spacer didnt raise it where I thought it should. I intalled BMR drag springs recently. I think I'll go back to the BMR performance springs and see if there is a difference with the same spacer.
I installed the BMR SP088R Drag Springs over the winter. Car dropped a lot. Put the 1/4” spacers in the car a couple months ago and the car is still not close to where is was sitting pre-spring install.

I have the 3/8” spacers on the way and will install them. Hopefully, the car will be close to where it was sitting to begin with. The spring drop is supposed to be 0.5”. It had to be more than that and my spacers didn’t bring the car even remotely close to where it was sitting before.

Car is raked towards the back ever so slightly.

Shaun
388DCB5B-31C0-47B9-A5B7-134E722FBB96.jpeg

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I installed the BMR SP088R Drag Springs over the winter. Car dropped a lot. Put the 1/4” spacers in the car a couple months ago and the car is still not close to where is was sitting pre-spring install.

I have the 3/8” spacers on the way and will install them. Hopefully, the car will be close to where it was sitting to begin with. The spring drop is supposed to be 0.5”. It had to be more than that and my spacers didn’t bring the car even remotely close to where it was sitting before.

Car is raked towards the back ever so slightly.

Shaun
388DCB5B-31C0-47B9-A5B7-134E722FBB96.jpeg
Good to know!! Perfect, that's it then. I had the BMR Performance Springs on first that did drop only 0.50 inches, then I tried the 1/8 and 1/4 spacers. I also ordered the 3/8 spacers cuz my tire on driver side rubbed a bit even with the 1/4. But I also had the BMR drag springs and I installed those with the 1/4 spacers thinking they would be stiffer and tires wouldnt rub. But it was the opposite, tire on drivers side rubbed more. So I put in the 3/8 and it was short by 0.25 inches. That means BMR drag springs dropped lower than the performance springs. I am going to change back to the performance springs and use the 3/8 and I bet it would increase by 0.25 inches. After the drag springs settled is when the tire rubbed more.

I also have BMR performance front springs drop was like 1.2 as advertised. My wheel and tires are aggressive fitment. What size wheels and tires do you have in front and rear? Looks good. In the front does the plastic piece tire guard rub on the ground when going over bumps, mine does but not worried about that.

Going to install the performance springs now. And check.

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
Good to know!! Perfect, that's it then. I had the BMR Performance Springs on first that did drop only 0.50 inches, then I tried the 1/8 and 1/4 spacers. I also ordered the 3/8 spacers cuz my tire on driver side rubbed a bit even with the 1/4. But I also had the BMR drag springs and I installed those with the 1/4 spacers thinking they would be stiffer and tires wouldnt rub. But it was the opposite, tire on drivers side rubbed more. So I put in the 3/8 and it was short by 0.25 inches. That means BMR drag springs dropped lower than the performance springs. I am going to change back to the performance springs and use the 3/8 and I bet it would increase by 0.25 inches. After the drag springs settled is when the tire rubbed more.

I also have BMR performance front springs drop was like 1.2 as advertised. My wheel and tires are aggressive fitment. What size wheels and tires do you have in front and rear? Looks good. In the front does the plastic piece tire guard rub on the ground when going over bumps, mine does but not worried about that.

Going to install the performance springs now. And check.
I have 305/45/17 ET Street R’s on the rear and 235/55/17 fronts on in that photo. Nothing rubs. My car hits the exhaust every so often. Hellion TT kit.

I have stock front struts and springs. In the rear I have BMR SP088R Drag springs and Viking Crusaders.

After this spacer is installed. I’m done with the rear end of the car. I am getting a drag spec front coilover this winter. Vikings or Steeda. I’ll adjust from there to make it to my liking.

Shaun

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have 305/45/17 ET Street R’s on the rear and 235/55/17 fronts on in that photo. Nothing rubs. My car hits the exhaust every so often. Hellion TT kit.

I have stock front struts and springs. In the rear I have BMR SP088R Drag springs and Viking Crusaders.

After this spacer is installed. I’m done with the rear end of the car. I am getting a drag spec front coilover this winter. Vikings or Steeda. I’ll adjust from there to make it to my liking.

Shaun
I figured from the pic, I have 17s all around too. Same size tires in the rear but S/S. Dont know what year your car is, but the 18 Mustang I had to put smaller calipers in front to fit 17s, so I put Baer brakes. Awesome build you have going, especially with the TT kit.

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
I figured from the pic, I have 17s all around too. Same size tires in the rear but S/S. Dont know what year your car is, but the 18 Mustang I had to put smaller calipers in front to fit 17s, so I put Baer brakes. Awesome build you have going, especially with the TT kit.
My car is a Base 2015 GT. No issues with my brakes, but there is not much clearance between the wheel and caliper out front. Maybe 1/4” max. Lol. The car does work. I’ll be going E85 and throwing some power at it when racing opens back up. Car is a 6466 Hellion Kit. A2W and has a built engine and 6R80. It’s Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for sure.

Shaun

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^nice, pretty cool. It's gonna be a beast. I finished changing springs like over an hour ago. I am letting the car sit then I'll back up on ramps and torque the bolts later today. But I noticed the difference right away. Definitely higher with the BMR performance springs and 3/8 spacer than the drag springs and same spacer. I'll measure and see how much more the BMR drag springs dropped the rear compared to the performance springs.

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
^^^nice, pretty cool. It's gonna be a beast. I finished changing springs like over an hour ago. I am letting the car sit then I'll back up on ramps and torque the bolts later today. But I noticed the difference right away. Definitely higher with the BMR performance springs and 3/8 spacer than the drag springs and same spacer. I'll measure and see how much more the BMR drag springs dropped the rear compared to the performance springs.

Perfect. Please post up your measurements. I’m curious to know. Might want to put a few miles on the car to let it settle out.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Perfect. Please post up your measurements. I’m curious to know. Might want to put a few miles on the car to let it settle out.
Yeah that's what happened with the drag springs, after the suspension settled it got lower, and tire started rubbing again. Also, from factory driver rear side is lower than passenger rear side by like 1/8 to 1/4, this on 18+ years.
Sponsored