Sound difference on pump gas vs E85?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Seems like my car is much louder on pump gas than E85. So much so that I just ordered two bottle resonators to weld into my x-pipe. Sort of wish I would have kept the factory resonator on the car.
Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my Oem resonator I can send you if you want. It’s just sitting in a box after I installed an h-pipe.

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I noticed the same thing. I don’t think anybody else would notice it, but with me driving it every single day I can notice it. Pump gas seems throatier than E.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I still have my Oem resonator I can send you if you want. It’s just sitting in a box after I installed an h-pipe.
Thanks. If the resonators I ordered don’t work I might take you up on that

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I thought it was just me! It did get a little louder lol

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. If the resonators I ordered don’t work I might take you up on that
Sounds good, hit me up if you end up needing it or if you want to return them.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It seems like more timing advance quiets things down but I'm not exactly sure why

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Well I did exactly what you're asking.

My car had Long Tubes, no cats, MBRP H-pipe and MBRP race cat back. On E85, it blew the pictures off my garage walls. I could not hear my Procharger at all. So I started over.

Now it has long tubes, no cats, stock resonator and stock cat back. Car still made close to 800hp at the wheels with the stock stuff. The power is in the long tubes and cats. The rest is just noise. The rasp is gone.

I took it a step further. My wife loved that it's not obnoxious anymore but she wanted the cabin to be even more quiet. I added Dynomat in the trunk, under the rear seat, all the way up to the front seats. So nice to have an 800hp car but extremely quiet in the cabin.

Here is a cold start in the beginning of this video. I'll delete it shortly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Well I did exactly what you're asking.

My car had Long Tubes, no cats, MBRP H-pipe and MBRP race cat back. On E85, it blew the pictures off my garage walls. I could not hear my Procharger at all. So I started over.

Now it has long tubes, no cats, stock resonator and stock cat back. Car still made close to 800hp at the wheels with the stock stuff. The power is in the long tubes and cats. The rest is just noise. The rasp is gone.

I took it a step further. My wife loved that it's not obnoxious anymore but she wanted the cabin to be even more quiet. I added Dynomat in the trunk, under the rear seat, all the way up to the front seats. So nice to have an 800hp car but extremely quiet in the cabin.

Here is a cold start in the beginning of this video. I'll delete it shortly.

Awesome. I ordered some dynamat at the same time To do the same thing and put on the shifter. Great minds think alike lol.

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. I ordered some dynamat at the same time To do the same thing and put on the shifter. Great minds think alike lol.
Really? Thought I was the only one who wanted less noise. Palm Beach Dyno did my oil pump gears and tuned the car on their dyno, I'm known there as the guy who wanted quiet. As you know, everyone wants louder. The PBD guys are at the car shows I go to, "There is the quiet dude!"

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Really? Thought I was the only one who wanted less noise. Palm Beach Dyno did my oil pump gears and tuned the car on their dyno, I'm known there as the guy who wanted quiet. As you know, everyone wants louder. The PBD guys are at the car shows I go to, "There is the quiet dude!"
That’s why I like active exhaust. I can have the exhaust wide open if I want or, hopefully after these mods, dead silent with valves closed.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I like active exhaust. I can have the exhaust wide open if I want or, hopefully after these mods, dead silent with valves closed.
If my car was loud after putting the stock exhaust back on I was going to install the valves. It's plenty quiet now. My neighbors like me again. The blower is actually louder than the exhaust finally. That's all I want to hear honestly.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
If my car was loud after putting the stock exhaust back on I was going to install the valves. It's plenty quiet now. My neighbors like me again. The blower is actually louder than the exhaust finally. That's all I want to hear honestly.
I hear you, i back my car into the garage so the sound wakes up my fiance instead of the neighbors right now. lol.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I like lots of power and also quiet as well, but I went a different route from you guys. I’m still running cats, but full 3” straight through. Absorptive mid-muffler and reactive rear mufflers hits all frequencies.
Sponsored