Sponsored

So I locked myself out of my car on Valentine's weekend....

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Nope, I don't have the enhanced security system. I don't have any idea how to reproduce it on demand, like I said it's only done it a few times. I also once had the panic button get pressed with the fob in my pocket as I sat down in the seat. I wonder if some other fob buttons are getting pressed in my pocket and that makes it do the double honk (not panic honk).
Sponsored

FireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Thats definitely odd. I have a 2014 Ford Edge Sport and my car will not lock if the key fob is inside the car, running or not, while in park. If i get out of my car and hit the lock switch on the door, my car will unlock as soon as I close it. You would think all Fords do the same, but apparently not.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
There's actually a setting for this. In the center screen scroll to settings then locks, I'm pretty sure it's there but I don't remember what it's called from there and I am not in my car to tell you specifically what the lock setting is called but it is there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thats definitely odd. I have a 2014 Ford Edge Sport and my car will not lock if the key fob is inside the car, running or not, while in park. If i get out of my car and hit the lock switch on the door, my car will unlock as soon as I close it. You would think all Fords do the same, but apparently not.
The op has a Manual, there is no Park.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Accidentally Locked my keys in the car for the first time this weekend.. was at the grocery and put my bag in the car for a sec so that I could push my shopping cart to the stall. Only took about 15-20 seconds but when I tried the door it wouldn't respond. Neither did the trunk respond to my attempts at opening. Its possible my hand brushed against the ridges of the door when I closed it and that enabled some special security feature to not allow outsiders to open it at that point (even though the keys were a few feet away). I have the enhanced security package btw.

Had to get the second key set to fix the situation.

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Months ago, just after buying this thing, the better half and I went to dinner. Better half (passenger) stepped out of the car with the motor still running, to guide me into an angular parking space. Then I turned the car off, stepped out and locked with the fob. But upon locking, the horn honked twice and the dashboard stayed lit. :confused: Well, naturally we could not go eat with this occurring. We got back in, closed the doors, got out, locked up. Same thing. We thought WTF? Got back in. After sitting there like dorks for several minutes, I finally started the car, turned it off, we exited, I locked...crisis diverted :headbonk: Why the double honk and lit dashboard while the motor was off, with the fob on me? Something about the passenger exiting while the car is running? Then maybe I opened my door before turning off the motor? Dunno. I am still trying to think that one through. :shrug:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Months ago, just after buying this thing, the better half and I went to dinner. Better half (passenger) stepped out of the car with the motor still running, to guide me into an angular parking space. Then I turned the car off, stepped out and locked with the fob. But upon locking, the horn honked twice and the dashboard stayed lit. :confused: Well, naturally we could not go eat with this occurring. We got back in, closed the doors, got out, locked up. Same thing. We thought WTF? Got back in. After sitting there like dorks for several minutes, I finally started the car, turned it off, we exited, I locked...crisis diverted :headbonk: Why the double honk and lit dashboard while the motor was off, with the fob on me? Something about the passenger exiting while the car is running? Then maybe I opened my door before turning off the motor? Dunno. I am still trying to think that one through. :shrug:
This all sounds rather AI, is this unit made by Cyberdyne?
Have not heard any moans about this from the UK owners, and the car i went in just seemed so normal, got out the car locked on key, then unlocked on key. When I get my one, me thinks a lot of the times when taking car to be detailed will take both keys.
The Future is here? the people who keep getting locked out, have you tried talking to your cars, i always spoke to the S197, would walk past her and say hello, tell her when i would be using her, cars have feelings you know :D
infact Steph told me not to mention the Calif Special when I was in the S197 did not want to upset the car's feelings

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
^^^ I think this would have worked if the car wasn't turned on with the key inside. The car thought business as usual and it's time to go. The above I believe, only applies if the car is off.
Since we have advanced airbags (that are supposed to detect seat occupancy, and the weight of those sitting in the seats), it seems the logic could be improved: Is there weight in the driver's seat? ;) If not, allow opening from the outside...

Of course, I guess the flip side of that coin is: "Sure, dude, steal my ride while it warms up in my driveway!!!" :lol:

P.S. I don't ever warm up cars in my driveway unless I'm sitting in them...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What I'm really interested in, is how the service guy got you back into the vehicle without your second fob?
Do they have the technology to steal cars?

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I put my key blade in my wallet. This saved my ass multiple times over the years

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The key blade is in the remote, right? Never opened it up.
Yes it is.

Remote never leaves my pocket.
Sponsored