Sponsored

Should I refund my car? (Update: Got my refund)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last edited:

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
refund. fuck that shit.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'd like to see ANY evidence that even remotely supports that supposition.
You think Toyota designs the Camry to be taken to the track? Ford have a track mode, line lock, etc. they designed it to be a fun, capable car that can be driven daily.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'd be taking a refund and finding another car. If they can't be honest about the mileage, what else could they be hiding?

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Sorry for making another thread but I am super stressed

NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO FORWARD WITH PURCHASE OR GET A REFUND ASAP. Bought a few days ago, I still have not picked up the car yet because I'm waiting for the wire transfer to clear. (Should be within the next day or two)

1607143122388-png.png

Final negotiated price was $23,650 Canadian ($18,475.98 USD), including a free alignment, tank of gas, and oil change......it's ecoboost premium with the works, 12" digital dash, traffic safety features, 20-inch rims

(Car does have an accident on it, but after having a bodyshop check it out, they said that it was a passenger side sideswipe and is purely cosmetic. Nothing mechanical underneath was replaced.)

Anyways, in the past few days, I've dug up some stuff about the car that I really dont like.

First, the mileage is inaccurately advertised on cargurus and autotrader. Instead of having 52,000KM (32K miles), it has 61,000KM (38K miles)

Second, it has some sort of custom exhaust which is loud but not the good type of loud. It likes to drone...... The guys here tell me that " It’s probably stock exhaust with resonator delete and added an X pipe'

Tried going back with the general manager to re-negotiate today. He refused to lower the price or add any incentives. He said he will have the shop "take a look" at the exhaust

He offered that I either buy the car at the agreed upon price, or take a full refund. (he knows I like the car)....... Should I get a full refund guys? Do you think he will be willing to negotiate if I call his bluff and actually ask for a refund?
I personally do not buy anything with an accident on the title. Hard to re-sell down the road especially if you try to trade it in. I would walk away and find something else. The incorrect mileage is also very strange.

Sponsored

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
If someone that I am trying to buy a vehicle from questions my integrity (word), that sale is off immediately. Get a refund. It is a Mustang, there are tons of them out there.

OP
OP

Silent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Hey guys I went back and cancelled the deal.

Really still feel disappointed on the inside for not getting the car.

But thanks for all the great advice! Hope to join you guys with my mustang soon one day!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

But thanks for all the great advice! Hope to join you guys with my mustang soon one day!
Smart man. We will be here when your ready! Happy Holidays! 🎅

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be disappointed. They're are plenty of other mustangs out there and when time is right you'll find yours...

Sponsored

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2019 Mustang GT

As an example of other deals that could be potentially better for you (depending on what your interests and preferred options are) this is located in Uxbridge, near Toronto. it is the eco-boost you wanted, Auto trans, premium package. only difference is the colour. It is a year older but has lower Km's on it as well for the same price.

Plenty of other (better options) to spend your money on that can save you a lot of headaches.

:like:

2018 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Fastback 49402319 Unionville ON Used - 1FA6P8TH3J5141435 (uxbridgeford.com)

axios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not sure if this helps or not but it took me 6+ months to find the car I wanted at the price I was ready to pay. You'll be driving that car every single day (hopefully) so it's important to avoid all of those things that could bug you because they never really go away.

This forum is a gold mine of information so you can start looking into recommended mods and get your hands on some parts even before you get your car.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Sorry for making another thread but I am super stressed

NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO FORWARD WITH PURCHASE OR GET A REFUND ASAP. Bought a few days ago, I still have not picked up the car yet because I'm waiting for the wire transfer to clear. (Should be within the next day or two)

1607143122388-png.png

Final negotiated price was $23,650 Canadian ($18,475.98 USD), including a free alignment, tank of gas, and oil change......it's ecoboost premium with the works, 12" digital dash, traffic safety features, 20-inch rims

(Car does have an accident on it, but after having a bodyshop check it out, they said that it was a passenger side sideswipe and is purely cosmetic. Nothing mechanical underneath was replaced.)

Anyways, in the past few days, I've dug up some stuff about the car that I really dont like.

First, the mileage is inaccurately advertised on cargurus and autotrader. Instead of having 52,000KM (32K miles), it has 61,000KM (38K miles)

Second, it has some sort of custom exhaust which is loud but not the good type of loud. It likes to drone...... The guys here tell me that " It’s probably stock exhaust with resonator delete and added an X pipe'

Tried going back with the general manager to re-negotiate today. He refused to lower the price or add any incentives. He said he will have the shop "take a look" at the exhaust

He offered that I either buy the car at the agreed upon price, or take a full refund. (he knows I like the car)....... Should I get a full refund guys? Do you think he will be willing to negotiate if I call his bluff and actually ask for a refund?
They're lying to you..

If you get sideswiped at a minimum the side curtain airbags and the seat bolster airbag are gonna blow. Ask me how I know lol.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4

If you fall in love with a car prior to purchase, you're going to get ripped off.....

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
There is no cooling off period in Ontario. A signed vehicle purchase agreement means you bought the car.
Sponsored