Sponsored

Should I refund my car? (Update: Got my refund)

OP
OP

Silent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
The EB does not drone unless you screw up the exhaust.
Yes, the previous owner put some kind of custom exhaust in. Much louder than a regular ecoboost
Sponsored

OP
OP

Silent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I would demand WRITTEN certification from the dealer that the ECU hasn't been flashed. If the selling dealer can't do it, then have it sent to a local Ford to pull a diagnostic and service check.
ECU flash is the same as a tune right?

I am not too familiar with this. Why should I avoid a car with a tune? Don't most tunes actually HELP performance?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
As soon as the GM said “buy it at the agreed price or take a full refund” I would have taken the refund. Should be easy to find one you really like. I wouldn’t even make an offer until I drove the car and was happy with it.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
EcoBoost tuning:
Ford tune very conservative. limits drive train warranty to 3 years 36k miles and I believe limits you to 93 octane. Basically a safe tune.
Cobb tuner, stage 1 2 or 3 depending on your modifications. The go to aftermarket canned tune, voids drivetrain warranty up to the dealer. Also there are a couple of people well known that can take the Cobb further if needed.

Yes they increase performance.

At a cost....

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why should I avoid a car with a tune? Don't most tunes actually HELP performance?
because it's an unknown. Yes the EB benefits significantly when flashed by someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Unless you know who did the tune, you have no idea if you have a bomb or not.

Did you not take pictures of the engine bay and look for charge pipes, intake, downpipes?

And a flashed ECU will complicate any future interaction you may have with Ford. If you want to take the risk, that's your call, obviously but you don't currently know what your risk level is.

I would take the GM up on his offer of full-refund. Maybe Canadian consumer law is far better than in USA but it's curious that he offered it that quickly. I think he knows something is off and would rather find another buyer who isn't asking probing questions. Lots of idiots out there he can pawn it off to.

OP
OP

Silent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Its a bit hard for me to walk away from this deal. All my insurance is set up. All my other logistical stuff are set up for this.

Also, its really hard finding a good 2018/2019 Ecoboost PREMIUM for under 25k in Canada (where I live).

I still think this is a good deal, and if the general manager is willing to sit down and negotiate wit me tomorrow, I think there's still a good chance I'm buying this car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I still think this is a good deal, and if the general manager is willing to sit down and negotiate wit me tomorrow,
why do you think so when he's already given you an ultimatum of buy it or refund?
What do you mean "insurance is set up"? Good lord, you can add/drop a vehicle with a 5 minute phone call.

If the price was so good it wouldn't have taken 30 days to find you. It's either not been advertised and you lucked into the find, or people more experienced than you walked.

You're clearly "in Love" and the GM can smell your desperatation a mile away. Do yourself a character-building exercise and just walk. Force yourself to if you must. Then check back on the car in 2 weeks and if it's still avail AND you've answered all of the questions we've raised, THEN you could view it as 'fate' and you can then go buy it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and yes, the deeper into snow you get the more desperate dealers are to sell a summer car. So strike at end of year, Jan and Feb and you might be surprised what turns up.

Sponsored

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Its a bit hard for me to walk away from this deal. All my insurance is set up. All my other logistical stuff are set up for this.

Also, its really hard finding a good 2018/2019 Ecoboost PREMIUM for under 25k in Canada (where I live).

I still think this is a good deal, and if the general manager is willing to sit down and negotiate wit me tomorrow, I think there's still a good chance I'm buying this car.
I think your trying to justify buying it with all the red flags in place. At the end of the day it is your choice but you asked for our opinions. Shotgun32 is the member who helped me find my stang! like i said, if a mustang is what you want then take your time finding the right one
it's black. Yuck. And how did it end up with a 6-speed instead of 10-speed tranny?
Yeah just realized the 6 speed thing. Looks to be a typo but maybe its not wrecked. But idk wth they were thinking painting that interior trim

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

When I was searching for my GT in Europe I looked into tons of flooded, damaged and what not cars. I had to walk out of few deals where the guy selling the car didn't disclosed the details. Had to walk out of a dealer sale car that I didn't like just because of colour and did in the day that I should have go to pick the car. In the end i found the perfect spec car in Germany and had to ship it but this is my car now and love it even though find out later that the car had some body parts fixed and no one know what the accident was. Ether way the car is great and I love it. So keep looking for your car this one is not it. Ask for refund and start looking for something else. It's winter anyway so no where to drive that car what is the point to take a broken car with unknown history just to park it in the garage and take a depreciation hit comes spring ?. I bought my car in March and was ready to be driven starting April.
Walk away get your refund and enjoy your new car comes march More time to save and more time to buy what you really will enjoy.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This is the second time you’ve posted nearly the same thing.

It is easy to walk away from this deal if you want.
People do it every day. Insurance companies deal with it every day. Banks deal with it every day. Don’t let those issues be what stops you from shutting the deal down.

There are legitimately hundreds of other mustangs to choose from.

You state it’s hard to find an EcoBoost at this price. Well yeah, because this one was previously crashed....That naturally will make its sale price lower.
Sponsored