Sponsored

Should I refund my car? (Update: Got my refund)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is the second time you’ve posted nearly the same thing.

It is easy to walk away from this deal if you wan.
People do it every day. Insurance companies deal with it every day. Banks deal with it every day. Don’t let those issues be what stops you from shutting the deal down.

There are legitimately hundreds of other mustangs to choose from.
He won't do it, he's already starry eyed for it and doesn't want to wait. He better be keeping it until it's paid off because it won't be worth anything as soon as he buys it with an accident on record, especially a major one like that.
Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Just don't get it and keep looking. Everyone has said the same thing so there's no point in you coming back here and asking again and again. You'll find a better one. Emotions and excitement aside, walk away. I did many times and it's easy AF.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Seriously another thread for the same shit. Come on man grow a pair. If you want it buy it and stop asking us the same question over and over. You’ve crossed over the troll line at this point.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The exhaust wouldn't concern me that much since stock exhausts are cheap, but I'd walk away for sure if it has an aftermarket tune. The engine's durability could have been compromised by the boost being cranked up and Ford probably wouldn't honor the warranty. The mileage issue is also a red flag that makes you wonder what other information is missing or incorrect.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Jesus Christ man !
You’re making us Canadians look like idiots.
PUT DOWN THE PIPE & WALK AWAY !
You nailed it I was thinking the same thing. Canadian here too and I did not act like a bitch when I bought my GT :) OP run away don't walk you will second guess your purchase and have real regrets.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sorry for making another thread but I am super stressed

NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO FORWARD WITH PURCHASE OR GET A REFUND ASAP. Bought a few days ago, I still have not picked up the car yet because I'm waiting for the wire transfer to clear. (Should be within the next day or two)

1607143122388-png.png

Final negotiated price was $23,650 Canadian ($18,475.98 USD), including a free alignment, tank of gas, and oil change......it's ecoboost premium with the works, 12" digital dash, traffic safety features, 20-inch rims

(Car does have an accident on it, but after having a bodyshop check it out, they said that it was a passenger side sideswipe and is purely cosmetic. Nothing mechanical underneath was replaced.)

Anyways, in the past few days, I've dug up some stuff about the car that I really dont like.

First, the mileage is inaccurately advertised on cargurus and autotrader. Instead of having 52,000KM (32K miles), it has 61,000KM (38K miles)

Second, it has some sort of custom exhaust which is loud but not the good type of loud. It likes to drone...... The guys here tell me that " It’s probably stock exhaust with resonator delete and added an X pipe'

Tried going back with the general manager to re-negotiate today. He refused to lower the price or add any incentives. He said he will have the shop "take a look" at the exhaust

He offered that I either buy the car at the agreed upon price, or take a full refund. (he knows I like the car)....... Should I get a full refund guys? Do you think he will be willing to negotiate if I call his bluff and actually ask for a refund?
Your emotions are screwing with you.

When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Walk away.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
To add a different argument to the table, if you’ve had a shop inspect the car and say it appears to be a side swipe with no mechanical damage, which makes sense, if they side swiped a pole or something it probably damaged every panel on that side of the car which would get pricey. I’ve seen it several times before.

The exhaust is easy to fix, there are a lot of options out there, used stock would be the cheapest.

That mileage doesn’t scare me, just shows it stayed on the highway quite a bit, probably not beat on much, but it’s a mustang and was designed to be driven harder than a Camry.

If it were me and I liked the car, was willing to pay the agreed upon price, then I’d drive it on home. The resale down the road would be lower because it’s wrecked, but you bought it at the wrecked price as well, so you won’t lose too much from that aspect alone, not like the person that bought it new and wrecked it.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If you already have this much doubt then it will always hang with you after purchase. any little thing and you will be all " i knew I shouldn't have bought this car". You have already put your self in a bad mental place with the car and stressd it. if you buy it you will always doubt your choice and then that is no way to enjoy a car. I would say walk away get the refund and they make a million of these things a year they are other Mustangs that wont make you doubt your purchase.

As for the sideswipe, it is most likely there is zero anything wrong with the car it was just cosmetic. but. Most car buyers are not understanding of these things. It will be an albatross around your neck later because when you go to sell it or trade they are gonna go oh it was in an accident.... and not want it. It will limit your people you can resell to and a dealer might use it to screw with trade in price. just something to consider.

Sponsored

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
Mate, everyone in the past 6 days in both of your threads has told you to walk away. Take the hint.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Walk from a wrecked car unless it is dirt cheap and you do not mind being stuck with it forever. ( or you are willing to take a beating when you sell it)

I also do not like the idea of the ecoboost but that is just a personal opinion and not a valid reason to walk away. I only want a V-8 in a Mustang myself.
Sponsored