Sponsored

Should I refund my car? (Update: Got my refund)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Walk away and come down to Flint and buy mine.

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For what its worth, quite a few people voted "both choices are horrible options" on your last thread asking which car to buy... Glad you got a refund, but you should have run fast from both of those cars to begin with.

stantonabc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanton
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2020
Sorry for making another thread but I am super stressed

NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO FORWARD WITH PURCHASE OR GET A REFUND ASAP. Bought a few days ago, I still have not picked up the car yet because I'm waiting for the wire transfer to clear. (Should be within the next day or two)

1607143122388-png.png

Final negotiated price was $23,650 Canadian ($18,475.98 USD), including a free alignment, tank of gas, and oil change......it's ecoboost premium with the works, 12" digital dash, traffic safety features, 20-inch rims

(Car does have an accident on it, but after having a bodyshop check it out, they said that it was a passenger side sideswipe and is purely cosmetic. Nothing mechanical underneath was replaced.)

Anyways, in the past few days, I've dug up some stuff about the car that I really dont like.

First, the mileage is inaccurately advertised on cargurus and autotrader. Instead of having 52,000KM (32K miles), it has 61,000KM (38K miles)

Second, it has some sort of custom exhaust which is loud but not the good type of loud. It likes to drone...... The guys here tell me that " It’s probably stock exhaust with resonator delete and added an X pipe'

Tried going back with the general manager to re-negotiate today. He refused to lower the price or add any incentives. He said he will have the shop "take a look" at the exhaust

He offered that I either buy the car at the agreed upon price, or take a full refund. (he knows I like the car)....... Should I get a full refund guys? Do you think he will be willing to negotiate if I call his bluff and actually ask for a refund?
Walk away....
There will be other Mustangs, especially wintertime. I believe something is incognito about this car.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Also being from Ontario and having some experience in this field, lol, walk away!!
There will be many cars out there that will fit you. PM me the dealer you’re dealing with. There’s a few REALLY SHADY dealers in and around TO. But, there are also some trustworthy ones. The fact that this particular one is skirting issues and questions makes me throw up the “walk away” sign.
Example. I test drove a GT from a Ford dealer on Dixie. Basically had resonator and muffler deletes. Was LOUD and droned ALL THE TIME. Salesman tells me “oh yea, all the V8s sound this way”. I asked to see the car on the hoist to see the exhaust better. They declined. Had the Roush air intake as well. Same thing. “All the V8s have that!” Walk away...

never mind. Just saw the dealer’s name in the original pic. MOVE ON!!!! Honestly, more about the sale than customers. I looked at a convertible there. Had a hole in the roof near the Driver’s window. This was a demo model. Full warranty. They’re wouldn’t even think about replacing it for the sale. They said their body shop would glue it up and I’d never see it. Uh. No thanks...

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also being from Ontario and having some experience in this field, lol, walk away!!
There will be many cars out there that will fit you. PM me the dealer you’re dealing with. There’s a few REALLY SHADY dealers in and around TO. But, there are also some trustworthy ones. The fact that this particular one is skirting issues and questions makes me throw up the “walk away” sign.
Example. I test drove a GT from a Ford dealer on Dixie. Basically had resonator and muffler deletes. Was LOUD and droned ALL THE TIME. Salesman tells me “oh yea, all the V8s sound this way”. I asked to see the car on the hoist to see the exhaust better. They declined. Had the Roush air intake as well. Same thing. “All the V8s have that!” Walk away...
You know what would solve a lot of this? Cut out the slimy, bottom-feeding dealers and let people order direct from the manufacturer. One can dream...

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
You know what would solve a lot of this? Cut out the slimy, bottom-feeding dealers and let people order direct from the manufacturer. One can dream...
Yup!
Although I purchased mine new from a dealer near you and they were fantastic! They were upfront with every item, cost etc. stayed open later for me as I was driving 2 hours to get there. Then moved the cars out of the showroom floor to get to mine so I could test drive it.
That was a few years ago now but they made the purchase exciting and painless. Threw in a little swag as well even after they had my cheque. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the dealers name on here or not... so I won’t lol.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup!
Although I purchased mine new from a dealer near you and they were fantastic! They were upfront with every item, cost etc. stayed open later for me as I was driving 2 hours to get there. Then moved the cars out of the showroom floor to get to mine so I could test drive it.
That was a few years ago now but they made the purchase exciting and painless. Threw in a little swag as well even after they had my cheque. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the dealers name on here or not... so I won’t lol.
Which one did you deal with out of curiosity? I must have picked the worst dealer in London to buy mine at, but not going to derail the thread. I love my car, that's all that matters. Lol.
EDIT: Nevermind saw you said you don't want to post it. No worries :)

stantonabc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanton
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2020
I say walk away and don't look back. If the GM is unwilling to replace the exhaust or negotiate then start looking somewhere else. They will be calling you in a few days.
The car is not that important. Get your money back... Eco boosts are marketing jokes.
Don't look back.