OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Now I am chuckling. You are considering getting rid of the Mustang because you are concerned about gravel, your body is tattered, and because someday down the road you might have kids. Then on the other hand you enjoy riding horses and want to purchase a ranch. I think the idea of a ranch is fabulous. But you'll find that getting in and out of a car is a breeze compared to maintaining a ranch and riding horses. Obviously I don't know what shape your body is in or your experience on a ranch. But if your body prevents you from enjoying the Mustang, it'll probably hinder your enjoyment on a ranch.
Suprizingly anof taking care of horses is not that hard. I'm still in great shape and make it a point to always be in. I go to the gym every day no matter what. I don't thet my injuries ruin my life. If I let pain stop me I would of never made it through sniper school or that shot hole called Kunar. The gravel road has nothing to do with injuries. More of the car always being dirty and tearing it up over time.

I'd keep the stang...

You'll eat a lot of cash if you get rid of it (prob 10k?). I can't speak to your injuries but how painful is it to get in and out? Hopefully you can make it work.

I ordered DIB. Love the color, so exited for it to get here soon.
Not that big of a deal as my car is already paid off ( bought up front with cash) so it would all go to new one if I did. But not sure how much it would be. Getting in and out is not a big deal just something I have noticed and deal with on some days.

The DIB looks amazing
Sponsored

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
This topic hits home for me. We are moving to Montana in three years, and all the awesome places with some room to stretch are outside of town and have gravel roads. My options are going to be keep the mustang and get a beater awd, or sell mustang and get a new awd turbo toy. I think I will sell the mustang.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
If you really want out of the stang then my vote would also be a Raptor or F150.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Suprizingly anof taking care of horses is not that hard. I'm still in great shape and make it a point to always be in. I go to the gym every day no matter what. I don't thet my injuries ruin my life. If I let pain stop me I would of never made it through sniper school or that shot hole called Kunar. The gravel road has nothing to do with injuries. More of the car always being dirty and tearing it up over time.

Not that big of a deal as my car is already paid off ( bought up front with cash) so it would all go to new one if I did. But not sure how much it would be. Getting in and out is not a big deal just something I have noticed and deal with on some days.

The DIB looks amazing
The reason I brought up pain of injuries is because you mentioned it as one of your reasons to get rid of the Mustang. You also mentioned kids were a reason to get rid of it. Young kids will fit in the car and the trunk is big enough to lug around their stuff. Seeing as you don't have kids yet anyway, that doesn't seem like an issue. The dust and small rock will affect any vehicle you get, so unless you're thinking about getting a beater that's not an issue either. However, the lowly maintained roads could be an issue if you get snow and if you get a lot of rain. If you get these types of weather, I would look into getting a different vehicle... but not until you've actually committed to living in these conditions.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline

The DIB looks amazing
And this statement is why the WRX is being brought up. The RS is not just some Focus, it is a RS. Hell, it should be treated better than a GT.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
This is a option also. But one property we are looking at is 6 miles of Gravle.
this looks like the domain of a 4WD truck. And with that much dirt road and distance to civilization, probably a good amount of DIY mechanic skills and a substantial collection of tools.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I would get a used Raptor
Or a '17 Raptor

Mustang Convertible is my vote personally, nothing beats the top down on a beautiful day and even as a vert, they hustle (14.728 completely stock against a Camaros SS coupe that ran 13.750)

Thanks you for your service btw, and i'm impressed with the life you live tbh, respect!

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
This is a option also. But one property we are looking at is 6 miles of Gravle.
How many acres does 6 miles down a gravel road get you? I would get impatient with much more than a 1/4 mile of gravel in any vehicle, aside of an ATV, motor bike, or mountain bike. Too dry is dusty, too wet is mud holes.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Hello all. So I have a lil dilemma and just looking for input.
My wife and I are in the process of looking for a small ranch to buy and settle down on after living all over the place. We have horses (3 currently) and want some other live stock as well in time. The places we are looking and liking all have dirt/Gravle roads for quite a ways to it. I have a f250 diesel but is my wife's DD and used for are horses (wife will only drive lifted diesel trucks which is funny bc she is 5'5 and 105lbs. She is a personal trainer)

I'm playing with the idea of trading in my mustang gt on a new Focus RS. I'm such a stickler with the mustang to keep it as clean as possible all the time. With this long of a dirt/Gravle road it would be damn need impossible.
I don't know how much of a hit I would take for trading it in. Just hit 10000 miles the other day. Got the car October 2014.
But the great news is I bought it all up front so all trade would go to the new car.
The other part of this is I'm only 24 but just medical retired from Army Infantry last month. I was a Sniper and was in a Blackhawk that was shot down on May 28 2014. I broke my L1 and L4 in my back and have 4 bulging discs along with arthritis. And that's just my back. Really messed up my right arm and leg to. I'm already finding it hard to get in and out of the mustang some times.
So what you guys think. I love the mustang but also would love me some awd woth room for kids when we have em one day. And are 3 dogs we have now.
Get the 2017 Raptor or F-150 :)
Sponsored