Sponsored

Should i keep the mustang?

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Hello all. So I have a lil dilemma and just looking for input.
My wife and I are in the process of looking for a small ranch to buy and settle down on after living all over the place. We have horses (3 currently) and want some other live stock as well in time. The places we are looking and liking all have dirt/Gravle roads for quite a ways to it. I have a f250 diesel but is my wife's DD and used for are horses (wife will only drive lifted diesel trucks which is funny bc she is 5'5 and 105lbs. She is a personal trainer)

I'm playing with the idea of trading in my mustang gt on a new Focus RS. I'm such a stickler with the mustang to keep it as clean as possible all the time. With this long of a dirt/Gravle road it would be damn need impossible.
I don't know how much of a hit I would take for trading it in. Just hit 10000 miles the other day. Got the car October 2014.
But the great news is I bought it all up front so all trade would go to the new car.
The other part of this is I'm only 24 but just medical retired from Army Infantry last month. I was a Sniper and was in a Blackhawk that was shot down on May 28 2014. I broke my L1 and L4 in my back and have 4 bulging discs along with arthritis. And that's just my back. Really messed up my right arm and leg to. I'm already finding it hard to get in and out of the mustang some times.
So what you guys think. I love the mustang but also would love me some awd woth room for kids when we have em one day. And are 3 dogs we have now.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
considering what you've been through man and thank you very much for your service.

I wouldn't listen to a dang thing anyone said here! You do what you need to do and what makes you happy. You're only 24 and got a lot of life to live...You just do what your gut tells ya and have FUN! If that means getting an RS so be it.

my vote goes towards paving the road and keeping the mustang though! Kids fit in the back just fine :D

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Personally, I would look at getting a WRX or something similar instead of the RS.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Not gonna lie, I'd love to have an RS, but from the sounds of it, it's going to be limited production. It'll probably have some of the same dealership bs attached to it like the gt350.

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy a f-150 and dd that (or a raptor if you can swing it).

Sponsored

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Man, I was planning to get the RS. The dealership told me that there would be $3000-$4000 minimum ADM. If you can find one without and really care about practicality, then I say get it. It should be a fun car.
I am also 24 and I respect what you have done. Whatever decision you make, I hope it makes you happier

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my vote goes towards paving the road and keeping the mustang though! Kids fit in the back just fine :D
This is a option also. But one property we are looking at is 6 miles of Gravle.

Personally, I would look at getting a WRX or something similar instead of the RS.
My last duty station was Ft Carson in Colorado. And in my squad alone we had 2 EVOs 2 STI and a wrx. I was the odd one out woth my supercharged 06 GTO that I could barely go anywhere half the year. I think the RS is going to be way better then the STI. It still uses the same motor it had when it came over hear amd has piston ring failures are common. With the RS being 350hp stock it blows the STI away. And has a Drift button :headbang:

Last edited:

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I have to agree with Landon. I'd just drive it down a dirt road(easier said then done). RS is gonna be bad ass... Idk

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You will want to clean the RS as well right? Keep the GT..

But seriously , as stated earlier, do what works best for you and the family.

And I certainly thank you as well for your service, sir!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
This is a option also. But one property we are looking at is 6 miles of Gravle.
good lord! you get electricity and cable internet 6 miles down a gravel road?! I don't think I've ever seen a gravel road that long in my life ever. There's some long dirt roads small town or 2 over but I don't know about 6 miles long worth.

yeah sounds like you need a raptor or a roush f150!

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I wouldn't let a little gravel sway you. A layer of dust isn't the end of the world. And if it's starting to be a PIA to get in and out of the car today, just think how you'll feel 10-20 years from now. In other words, sounds like your time in a Mustang is now - enjoy it while you can.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Hello all. So I have a lil dilemma and just looking for input.
My wife and I are in the process of looking for a small ranch to buy and settle down on after living all over the place. We have horses (3 currently) and want some other live stock as well in time. The places we are looking and liking all have dirt/Gravle roads for quite a ways to it. I have a f250 diesel but is my wife's DD and used for are horses (wife will only drive lifted diesel trucks which is funny bc she is 5'5 and 105lbs. She is a personal trainer)

I'm playing with the idea of trading in my mustang gt on a new Focus RS. I'm such a stickler with the mustang to keep it as clean as possible all the time. With this long of a dirt/Gravle road it would be damn need impossible.
I don't know how much of a hit I would take for trading it in. Just hit 10000 miles the other day. Got the car October 2014.
But the great news is I bought it all up front so all trade would go to the new car.
The other part of this is I'm only 24 but just medical retired from Army Infantry last month. I was a Sniper and was in a Blackhawk that was shot down on May 28 2014. I broke my L1 and L4 in my back and have 4 bulging discs along with arthritis. And that's just my back. Really messed up my right arm and leg to. I'm already finding it hard to get in and out of the mustang some times.
So what you guys think. I love the mustang but also would love me some awd woth room for kids when we have em one day. And are 3 dogs we have now.
First, I would like to say thank you for your service. I too was medically retired at just about your age. It was not combat related, but it hurts mentally all the same. I loved what I did and was the only plan I had. I live not to far from you. So if there is ever anything I can help you with please let me know. I mean that, no bullshit.

As far as your car dilemma goes, any car you get is gonna suck to drive down 6 miles of gravel, awd or not. Even if you get the RS and you're worried about the road washing out or something, the tires on the RS are going to be sticky summer tires meant for asphalt. They will pick up so much gravel when dry and won't do much in washed out road awd or not. I say keep the Mustang for a bit and see how it goes. Try to drive the wifes truck when you can on shitty days. Important thing is to get the house you love, don't let the cars influence it. Cars will come and go. Worry about the house then make your decision after living in it for bit.

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good lord! you get electricity and cable internet 6 miles down a gravel road?! I don't think I've ever seen a gravel road that long in my life ever. There's some long dirt roads small town or 2 over but I don't know about 6 miles long worth.

yeah sounds like you need a raptor or a roush f150!
Haha ya. Got 4g on my cell. But we are look at a few other places and may also buy land and build

First, I would like to say thank you for your service. I too was medically retired at just about your age. It was not combat related, but it hurts mentally all the same. I loved what I did and was the only plan I had. I live not to far from you. So if there is ever anything I can help you with please let me know. I mean that, no bullshit. .
Thanks for that bro. Richmond or Rivanna? RVA?
I'm bitter about the whole thing. Only did 5 years and wanted to do more. Did 3 deployments to Afghanistan amd those fuckers finally got lucky and got me. But not befor i took plenty of them to.

Thank you to everyone. We are look to be in a place or starting to build around may 2016 if possible. I'm hoping for the right place with paved road

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Haha ya. Got 4g on my cell. But we are look at a few other places and may also buy land and build

Thanks for that bro. Richmond or Rivanna? RVA?
I'm bitter about the whole thing. Only did 5 years and wanted to do more. Did 3 deployments to Afghanistan amd those fuckers finally got lucky and got me. But not befor i took plenty of them to.

Thank you to everyone. We are look to be in a place or starting to build around may 2016 if possible. I'm hoping for the right place with paved road
Richmond, well Midlothian now, we just bought our house this past April. It was a stressful process, but all worked out really well in the end. Used my VA loan too. So just reach out if you need anything.