Sponsored

Should i keep the mustang?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I lived down a dirt/gravel road for about a mile when i had 3 black cars including 2 black 5th gen. Camaro's. What a pain in the ass to keep your cars clean. Dirt and dust everywhere including the engine bay. I even did a crawl with the speed to keep the dust down but that didn't work either. Never again!

Are you going to be meticulous with the RS as you are with the GT? If not get a RS or like other's mentioned a nice performance truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
I lived down a dirt/gravel road for about a mile when i had 3 black cars including 2 black 5th gen. Camaro's. What a pain in the ass to keep your cars clean. Dirt and dust everywhere including the engine bay. I even did a crawl with the speed to keep the dust down but that didn't work either. Never again!

Are you going to be meticulous with the RS as you are with the GT? If not get a RS or like other's mentioned a nice performance truck.
I don't think so. The RS is much more rally inspired. It's should be a lil dirty. I understand your pain of the black cars. My GTO was black and horrible to keep clean. This blue gets dirty fast also

Problem Solved
Ahh yes. A fellow Infantryman.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I'm impressed that you are only 24 and have accomplished so much...for yourself and our country. I'm sorry that you are banged up right now, but thank you so much for your service.

Before you commit to trading in the car, you need to test drive the RS and see if that's something you'll enjoy driving. Your going to take a nice hit if you trade it in to a dealer, it would be best to sell it privately.

Personally I'm not a fan of the RS, just not my style, but it seems like a fun car to drive. Wish you the best of luck!

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
I'd get the property, see how you feel with the mustang and if it's feasible to pave the road, then decide.

But more importantly, respect and gratitude from Texas.

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
good lord! you get electricity and cable internet 6 miles down a gravel road?! I don't think I've ever seen a gravel road that long in my life ever. There's some long dirt roads small town or 2 over but I don't know about 6 miles long worth.

yeah sounds like you need a raptor or a roush f150!
This is funny. We have hundreds of miles of dirt roads. I find it more shocking that you think 6 miles on dirt is a long ways. I have friends that live down 30-35 miles of dirt roads. And a guy I work with has a 5 mile long motorcross track in the back half of his back yard. You need to get out of the city more.

Sponsored

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
To the OP, sorry to hear about your problems, as a disabled vet I feel your pain. You say it's hard to get out of the car now, will the RS be any different? You may want to look at something like a 4Runner. Or a smaller truck, something you don't need to climb into. For what your talking about I would consider a 4Runner. They are sweet and should easily accommodate the dogs, and future kids. But I do have to agree don't do anything now. Wait until after you buy a house. You don't want to go trading out a car, and loose out on the financing for a home because of it.

On a side note use up your post 9-11 GI Bill. I haven't and I'm kicking myself. I used 10 of 36 months, and now want to go back to school, and can only use another 12 months before I hit my 10 year cutoff. Don't let any Benifit that you have earned go to waste.

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm impressed that you are only 24 and have accomplished so much...for yourself and our country. I'm sorry that you are banged up right now, but thank you so much for your service.

Before you commit to trading in the car, you need to test drive the RS and see if that's something you'll enjoy driving. Your going to take a nice hit if you trade it in to a dealer, it would be best to sell it privately.

Personally I'm not a fan of the RS, just not my style, but it seems like a fun car to drive. Wish you the best of luck!
Thanks. Ya I'm sad to say but my generation is a bunch of PC *****s and messing this country up. But that is beside the point. I owe a great deal to my parents and grandparents. Both my father amd grandfather surved in the 75th RANGER and have molded me since I was as old as I can remember. Telling me stories of my dads granddad storming the beach of Utah with 1-12 infantry. The same unit I when to after the 82nd AIRBORNE. I joined at 18 and hit the ground running with infantry basic the jump school. One deployment with the 82nd. Then pcs to 4th ID did a deployment in the hell hole call Kunar (next to Korengal Valley) came back got to go to sniper school then another deployment when I got wounded 5 months in. I owe alot of my maturity to the great NCO's of the 82nd. That and going 3 deployments in Afghanistan will really change you and put priorities in perspective

Deff will test drive first if I did.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Can I puke now or should I wait for the ending of this B.S. from a fellow jump master ...

Frankly I would like to before the HALO flight that way I don't Puke on the way down and choke ..
My horror stories usually had to do with the buds and the greenies that actually got to shoot at the enemy and decided to keep a kerr for a pet ..

So without any further adou I bid you a Good Knight and Please stop whining about shit that is beyond your expectations and abilities to change !

Who Ahh .

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
It would literally make zero sense to get another brand new car with a similar price range as the mustang to deal with dirt. Keep the stang and ditch the 'lifted' truck if all your wife uses it for is as commute. Get a wrx.

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would literally make zero sense to get another brand new car with a similar price range as the mustang to deal with dirt. Keep the stang and ditch the 'lifted' truck if all your wife uses it for is as commute. Get a wrx.
RS is a rally focused car for preformince on all surfaces. It is going to be much better the the sti that is in much need of a new power plant.

Price has nothing to do with is. I could just buy the RS and keep the stang if I wanted. Was just considering if I did end up buying a property with shit roads.

Definitely not getting rid of truck as you may have missed the main reason we have it. We own 3 horses currently amd plan on more. My wife and I are very in to riding and rescueing abused horses. As is the reason we are wanting to have a ranch. As for it being a dd for my wife. Will probably pick up a newer f250 powestroke for her dd amd reiterate the current to farm work. Thats going to be one hell of a farm truck. King ranch woth borg warner big turbo. Put down. 600+ whp and 900+lbs last time we got it tuned.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
My last duty station was Ft Carson in Colorado. And in my squad alone we had 2 EVOs 2 STI and a wrx. I was the odd one out woth my supercharged 06 GTO that I could barely go anywhere half the year. I think the RS is going to be way better then the STI. It still uses the same motor it had when it came over hear amd has piston ring failures are common. With the RS being 350hp stock it blows the STI away. And has a Drift button :headbang:
No doubt the RS is a much better car, which is why I would look that direction if I were you. I hate to think of the RS as a beater.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
why all these wrx over rs comments? wrx is gonna be a thing of the past when rs comes out.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
RS is a rally focused car for preformince on all surfaces. It is going to be much better the the sti that is in much need of a new power plant.

Price has nothing to do with is. I could just buy the RS and keep the stang if I wanted. Was just considering if I did end up buying a property with shit roads.

Definitely not getting rid of truck as you may have missed the main reason we have it. We own 3 horses currently amd plan on more. My wife and I are very in to riding and rescueing abused horses. As is the reason we are wanting to have a ranch. As for it being a dd for my wife. Will probably pick up a newer f250 powestroke for her dd amd reiterate the current to farm work. Thats going to be one hell of a farm truck. King ranch woth borg warner big turbo. Put down. 600+ whp and 900+lbs last time we got it tuned.
Now I am chuckling. You are considering getting rid of the Mustang because you are concerned about gravel, your body is tattered, and because someday down the road you might have kids. Then on the other hand you enjoy riding horses and want to purchase a ranch. I think the idea of a ranch is fabulous. But you'll find that getting in and out of a car is a breeze compared to maintaining a ranch and riding horses. Obviously I don't know what shape your body is in or your experience on a ranch. But if your body prevents you from enjoying the Mustang, it'll probably hinder your enjoyment on a ranch.

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why all these wrx over rs comments? wrx is gonna be a thing of the past when rs comes out.
Totally agree. And wondering same thing. Have had alot of experience with STI and wrx when stationed in Colorado Springs. So many guys in my unit had them. Cool car but so so outdated it's not even funny. People seam to forget that the STI has the same motor that it came over hear with and have seen first hand the common problems they have with ring failure. The interior is plan shit in all but the new one.

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
I'd keep the stang...

You'll eat a lot of cash if you get rid of it (prob 10k?). I can't speak to your injuries but how painful is it to get in and out? Hopefully you can make it work.

I ordered DIB. Love the color, so exited for it to get here soon.
Sponsored