Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well...the answer to the question in this thread title has been answered: yes, yes I was right to be worried. Service dept called me about half an hour ago - they've looked underneath the carpets and there is damp on the drivers side.

Whilst I'm pleased they've made quick work of identifying an issue, it was hard to hear after all the trouble I went through last year. As before, my main concern at this point is long lasting damage. I'm certainly much more confident this time that the technician involved will do a great job of resolving, but I'll certainly be getting back in touch with Ford. This is not good at all.

Watch this space.
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear this,you were right to have concerns.There was alot of condensation on the inside.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My hands are sorta shaking as I write this...

Got a call from Ford Hungerford with an update. Had a good 15 min conversation. It's not good news...

Major issue here. The water seems to be coming in from the offside front B pillar, from there it's going quite a distance apparently, hence my damp carpet obviously. We speculated between us that Guildford last year may have done f*ck all, or not properly rectified the issue, which would not surprise me in the slightest.

I've just received photos - there is some corrosion evident in the wiring looms, on the terminals themselves, so they are going to be replaced (the whole loom). This involves completely gutting out the car, the dash, the main body, everything. There is the possibility as well that these looms are customer built for specific cars which obviously could lead to weeks/months lead time.

I was pleased to hear that they had been liaising with the UK Mustang guy (not sure of the correct job title!) for a steer on this, and speaking to them, I feel that they're doing all of this by the book & as it should have been done 12 months ago. All fixable in their opinion - no lasting, permanent damage. Their attention to detail & customer service/communication skills are exactly what I would hope for and about the only positive right now.

As you all know I've got this exhaust sat at home right now, so I mentioned I would like to drop it in to them & see where they're up to with it. The invitation was extended to have me go in when the car is all gutted and the technician is there so can guide me through what's being done, a nice touch.

So...pleased right now that this whole shitstorm of a situation is finally being looked at properly, but my mind is racing with frustration & anger at what happened last year at Think Ford Guildford, as if the experience wasn't bad enough, it now feels like it was a complete waste of time. I shall be having a word with the powers that be about this, a few words...

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
We have been talking about this off the forums and you already knew my two cents. Something wasn't kosher and evidently so.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We have been talking about this off the forums and you already knew my two cents. Something wasn't kosher and evidently so.
seconded.....
4f635eb3e49c9ee79d122b5801d2be26b28d52ae1269c533f24d9ba7ada08d96.jpg

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think i had the same mustang guy get involved with my car when they stripped out the dash.They did a good job at Haines.Looks like the other mob bodged it for you.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think i had the same mustang guy get involved with my car when they stripped out the dash.They did a good job at Haines.Looks like the other mob bodged it for you.
I'm sure I remember hearing before that there was a couple guys, anyone know who they are? Get them on here lol

@Manders Mustang - I hear ya. I'll certainly start off with Ford and ask them what they are prepared to do about the whole situation, given this new development. That's said I will not be as easy going this time around.

and the vouchers given to me for use at Think Ford - I'll be telling them where they can shove that particular piece of paper.

grrr :curse:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Again already talked about this with Kristian but just thought I'd let people know the action I would be taking.

Id be returning the car back. The issue started 6 months into ownership. Probably has been there from manufacture and then water has been in there for over a year. The interior has already been removed once and now a second time with the wiring loom being replaced.

It WILL have rattles once fixed

My response would be "Here are the keys to YOUR car and these are the details of MY bank account" and be looking to get another mustang.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Again already talked about this with Kristian but just thought I'd let people know the action I would be taking.

Id be returning the car back. The issue started 6 months into ownership. Probably has been there from manufacture and then water has been in there for over a year. The interior has already been removed once and now a second time with the wiring loom being replaced.

It WILL have rattles once fixed

My response would be "Here are the keys to YOUR car and these are the details of MY bank account" and be looking to get another mustang.
I am 100% in agreement with this. I'd ask how they can fuck this up so royally but we all know the answer.
Who is to know how bad the water damage really is & has any of it made it's way further into the vehicle which could lead to problems in the future.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, a lot has happened today it seems. But as soon as Ford step in, I start to get the impression it'll all go downhill...

So Ford Rental called. Ford Hungerford need their courtesy car back understandably, so Ford are stepping in with a rental - already pre warned that I'd be wanting/expecting something half decent;

"I have you down for a Focus automatic, is that correct?"
Me: Umm oh, an automatic? I didn't know what I was getting, but was hoping for something equivalent to what I'm paying for.
"I could perhaps do a Kuga?"
Me: Have you not got something closer to a Mustang, perhaps one of the RS models?
"I could maybe do a Mondeo"
Me: *making a mental note this is a battle I won't win* just send me the Focus, make it a manual though.

Genuinely don't know how to handle all this. Appreciate all the input guys but there are so many options here. I'll have a think over the next few days then approach Ford again.

Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Well, a lot has happened today it seems. But as soon as Ford step in, I start to get the impression it'll all go downhill...

So Ford Rental called. Ford Hungerford need their courtesy car back understandably, so Ford are stepping in with a rental - already pre warned that I'd be wanting/expecting something half decent;

"I have you down for a Focus automatic, is that correct?"
Me: Umm oh, an automatic? I didn't know what I was getting, but was hoping for something equivalent to what I'm paying for.
"I could perhaps do a Kuga?"
Me: Have you not got something closer to a Mustang, perhaps one of the RS models?
"I could maybe do a Mondeo"
Me: *making a mental note this is a battle I won't win* just send me the Focus, make it a manual though.

Genuinely don't know how to handle all this. Appreciate all the input guys but there are so many options here. I'll have a think over the next few days then approach Ford again.
If it’s any consolation you’re not the only with their car in pieces with the whole interior out of it for a water leak.

Ford customer services are just... beyond the limit. I’m basically being told I don’t have rights.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Feel your pain. When mine has been in for warranty work, I've also had the added insult of the courtesy car having an insurance excess of ÂŁ1000 unless you pay extra.

From what I gather (although I'm no expert), under the Consumer Rights Act, if it's faulty within the first 6 months, you can get a refund, but the garage can deduct a reasonable amout of depreciation, you'd be left without your pride-and-joy and probably never buy a Mustang again. There's a brief 'Which' guide here: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

There may also be some sort of recourse with the finance company under the consumer credit act as well?

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
Major issue here. The water seems to be coming in from the offside front B pillar, from there it's going quite a distance apparently, hence my damp carpet obviously. We speculated between us that Guildford last year may have done f*ck all, or not properly rectified the issue, which would not surprise me in the slightest.

I've just received photos - there is some corrosion evident in the wiring looms, on the terminals themselves, so they are going to be replaced (the whole loom). This involves completely gutting out the car, the dash, the main body, everything. There is the possibility as well that these looms are customer built for specific cars which obviously could lead to weeks/months lead time.
What a nightmare! :crying:

Did the guys or photos suggest the actual source of the leak (seal, weld etc) or is that investigation still ongoing?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Feel your pain. When mine has been in for warranty work, I've also had the added insult of the courtesy car having an insurance excess of ÂŁ1000 unless you pay extra.

From what I gather (although I'm no expert), under the Consumer Rights Act, if it's faulty within the first 6 months, you can get a refund, but the garage can deduct a reasonable amout of depreciation, you'd be left without your pride-and-joy and probably never buy a Mustang again. There's a brief 'Which' guide here: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

There may also be some sort of recourse with the finance company under the consumer credit act as well?
Thanks mate, i’ll have a read.

My biggest gripe right now is the whole Guildford experience last year, yea i got a bit of compensation for all the hassle, and I was ok with that because at the time i thought i was driving away with a Mustang in fully working order.

That’s obviously not the case, it’s in fact worse than it was and essentially last year was a giant waste of time and effort. That is not ok, and i’ll be singing that time from the rooftops until i get a satisfactory remedy from Ford.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
obvious question (sorry if I missed it) - are you on touch with a solicitor? - if not I highly recommend that you do so ASAP!

they certainly wont charge you a penny for an initial consultation - take all the paperwork timescales etc with you and let them go on the attack for you (they will claim their costs from Ford / Dealer - or advise you upon whether they can do so or not - and if not, let you know what their costs might be)

They will be able to advise you on the law - and where you stand - you can then decide whether or not to use them!

just my tuppence worth!

but - I really feel for you - you must be totally p****ed off!

all the best

Bob
Sponsored