Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
I am also having some condensation issues, particularly on the rear screen. Carpets seem dry. I’m not entirely convinced by the front window seals, seems to be some water around the edges.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for all the replies guys, does help.

Re the rear windscreen - this has always been a hot spot for gathering condensation, and very much "normal" in my experience.

So as planned, I've driven the car around this weekend, and to work this morning - short story; all good! I've been frequently checking the carpets - specifically in the area I had issue with back in Jan, and they seem bone dry. I made sure to keep the ac on whilst driving and so far no more issues.

The real test of course is several inches of snow sitting on the car! That's what triggered my nightmare warranty issue almost a year ago. We shall have to wait & see.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Another one here with lots of condensation recently, that rear window is always misted up when I get in the car, don’t get me started on the fact the flagship model in the Ford range doesn’t have a heated windscreen yet the lowest model the KA does!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Another one here with lots of condensation recently, that rear window is always misted up when I get in the car, don’t get me started on the fact the flagship model in the Ford range doesn’t have a heated windscreen yet the lowest model the KA does!
Not a fat load unless i leave the door open for a long time.

I do get paranoid when it's in the inside, maybe worth double checking there's no water ingress into the car. as it's just condensation it could be not a lot. (so could be water from feet/rain etc as the doors opened)

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for all the replies guys, does help.

Re the rear windscreen - this has always been a hot spot for gathering condensation, and very much "normal" in my experience.

So as planned, I've driven the car around this weekend, and to work this morning - short story; all good! I've been frequently checking the carpets - specifically in the area I had issue with back in Jan, and they seem bone dry. I made sure to keep the ac on whilst driving and so far no more issues.

The real test of course is several inches of snow sitting on the car! That's what triggered my nightmare warranty issue almost a year ago. We shall have to wait & see.
Well that all sounds encouraging. Hopefully just atmospherics then. In which case using it a bit more should sort it!

Sponsored

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
So I treated all my window seals with the Silicone WD40 stuff, and there seems to be a remarkable improvement to the condensation issues I was having.

Its only been a couple of days so perhaps the weather has just been different. Time will tell! :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Similar views of the windscreen last couple of nights - stang not moved in a good couple of weeks again. Sat in it just now, let the engine run for a few mins with the windscreen fans on full...condensation cleared in a few mins. Checked the carpets - in the general areas i had problems before and seems bone dry still. Did have a thought that the disklok may contribute to the condensation effects - anyone?
Does still make me slightly nervous, especially knowing my original issue was in the a pillar area on the drivers side.
Considering taking it in to ford again for a re check - not the same dealership though!

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Similar views of the windscreen last couple of nights - stang not moved in a good couple of weeks again. Sat in it just now, let the engine run for a few mins with the windscreen fans on full...condensation cleared in a few mins. Checked the carpets - in the general areas i had problems before and seems bone dry still. Did have a thought that the disklok may contribute to the condensation effects - anyone?
Does still make me slightly nervous, especially knowing my original issue was in the a pillar area on the drivers side.
Considering taking it in to ford again for a re check - not the same dealership though!
I'd be a bit nervous too. I think no harm having them look at it given the car's history. Mine sits on the drive and doesn't get used as a daily and I have no condensation since mine was fixed.
Having said that, if your carpets are all dry, that's a good sign!

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
My convertible gets condensation on the inside, it’s done it this weekend but I did take the roof off (for a minute, but that’s long enough to change the air over). I get it with big temperature changes in the damp, ie winter, and find the lights do the same.

The body shell does have venting built in so it’s not completely sealed. In the drier, warmer months when it rains there’s no issues.

My other car condenses at the same times as the Mustang and the seals on that are good enough for half a meter of wading.

Provided you don’t get running water inside, wet carpets etc you’ll be ok.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I get it with big temperature changes in the damp, ie winter, and find the lights do the same.
Thanks mate, I think that is the key statement right there. I did see some more condensation at the weekend - after I'd cleaned it, I took it for a quick spin, perhaps not enough to get it real toasty inside but with me sat in there for 10 mins or so, breathing and warming up the inside, I looked at the driveway after a while later and sure enough - condensation. I usually won't open the windows if it's chilly, which as I now understand is a good tip to prevent condensation.

Also noticed that it got worse whilst I sat in the car putting my disklok on - takes a couple mins, just sat inside for a few mins + breathing was enough to get some condensation going - it did disappear though.

I still think I'll get another dealership to double check it, just for extra piece of mind at least. My oil life flashed up at the weekend too - on 5% again (oil changed in Jan this year), so...2 birds.

Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you’ll be ok. When I popped the roof on mine I also ran it for about 2 minutes as I was moving it on the drive.

The time to really worry is when it starts running down the windows because there’s an excessive amount there.

Just out of curiosity, mine is parked out of the sun, is yours the same?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think you’ll be ok. When I popped the roof on mine I also ran it for about 2 minutes as I was moving it on the drive.

The time to really worry is when it starts running down the windows because there’s an excessive amount there.

Just out of curiosity, mine is parked out of the sun, is yours the same?
Well it was certainly streaming in this time last year! Thankfully that got sorted, but any sign of condensation obviously makes me nervous now

Mine does get a fair amount of sun where it sits, although not a huge amount this time of year whilst the sun is low - disappears behind houses before the sun actually sets (and rises)

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it was certainly streaming in this time last year! Thankfully that got sorted, but any sign of condensation obviously makes me nervous now

Mine does get a fair amount of sun where it sits, although not a huge amount this time of year whilst the sun is low - disappears behind houses before the sun actually sets (and rises)
I've just been out and two of the three cars (didn't check the third) have condensation on the inside, both to the same degree. I went out in one car and ran the zircon with the temp right up for about half an hour and I sat running the Mustang on the drive for 25 minutes to change the air over in that.

I'll keep an eye on what they do over the next couple of days, but to me, it's perfectly normal.

SurfOrFight

SurfOrFight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Auto Ruby Red 2016
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Asda do a car dehumidifier; this does seem to help. I use in the Stang when parked up and daily drive. All cars suffer a degree of fogging in cold extreme weather and this can be get worse when the weather warms up - https://groceries.asda.com/product/car-maintenance/pingi-cardehumidifier/910001475718
Haha - exactly what I just added to the car! Got mine from Amazon - same price I think (£8). Few pics attached - this is a good example of where I see issues, not used the car at all today so it's been sat in the sun for a few hours. I'll report back on how I find the dehumidifier pouch. Those droplets are from the outside in case anyone notices!

IMG_8171.jpg
IMG_8170.jpg
IMG_8169.jpg
Sponsored