Sponsored

Should Ford have made the Voodoo

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Honestly even without the fancy engine , the gt350 would still be a very special mustang to me as a Mustang fan. I think the hype brought a lot of new faces to a car they wouldn't normally have even given a 2nd thought to. I think the engine is a significant part of that equation though.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Honestly even without the fancy engine , the gt350 would still be a very special mustang to me as a Mistang fan. I think the hype brought a lot of new faces to a car they wouldn't normally have even given a 2nd thought to. I think the engine is a significant part of that equation though.
I still would have bought it as long as it rev'd to the sky. FPC is just a bonus, albeit an absolute huge huge bonus.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I just got back from Montreal and the women there are smoking hot.

Yes, Dan, the new avatar beats the most recent, however, I still look (without success) for the photo from your old avatar. :thumbsup:

You mean my ex ! ;)

Sorry op for hyjacking, back to topic.
IMG_2183.JPG

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I love it, but a more reliable CPC version could have been made that filters didnt vibrate off, Etc. If my voodoo lasts 50,000 miles, ill be shocked and happy as hell. I'd fully expect a CPC 5.2 to last 100000+ miles,but nothing is certain and i guarantee no car is more fun to drive IMO. Ive only got 2,000 miles on mine...and its already been worth the money. Im glad they did it. I got the full 8 year warrantee. I wont put more than 4,000 miles a year on it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You mean my ex ! ;)

Sorry op for hyjacking, back to topic.
Ex? Would you mind if I called her :lol:

Oh Montreal......

You know I'm just kidding Dan.....

Last edited:

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just wanted to share my thoughts.

With all the recent posts of engine failures and oil usage etc it seems like a lot of folks are not happy with there engines etc. I do not want to get into the details of Ford not honoring warranty but simply a discussion of the power plant.

In this day and age of modern cars most people expect to never check oil or basics in between recommended services. Hell a lot of people never even check tire pressure.

My point is that this vehicle and engine is basically a race engine/car on the street and it must be monitored frequently and the harder it is driven the more it needs to at least have its vitals checked regularly.

Yes this engine will go through oil more quickly than some but it is also from what I can tell based on the 11000 miles I have on mine that the harder you drive it the more oil it uses and if you cruise it its oil consumption is far less. If I drive it like I stole which I do most of the time once fully warmed up it can use 1 quart to 1 1/2 quarts in a 1000 miles.

Should ford have put a higher tension ring pack on this engine at the cost of some horsepower. I don't know but I sure like how the engine pulls effortlessly to a redline that is sky high for a fairly large displacement V8.

I do know that some of what are considered by many as some of the best engineered engines from Europe such as the E60 M5s and E90 M3s will use a quart of oil in 500 miles or less and The spec from BMW is 1 qt per 800 miles.

Should Ford have made a stronger oil pump gear who knows but I don't think there is enough proof of actual oil pump failures to warrant this. Maybe some of these failures were from running low on oil and maybe some bearing material made it way into the tight clearanced pump and caused some of the pump failures. Don't know only Ford does.

My whole point is that Ford stepped out of box to make these special vehicles for us that will require more attention and TLC than most but for me that is part of the fun of owning such a unique vehicle with this powertrain. Do we want them to no longer make these types of vehicles because some of us don't follow basic maintenance checks for a HP vehicle.

All that being said I also agree with some of those with warranty issues that FORD needs to honor there warranties and fix issues that are warrantable matters! They do not and should not honor warranties for tuned and modified vehicles or for dealers/customer that leave oil filters improperly tightened or fail to monitor there oil level etc.

I will also add this, it is my daily driver and only car and I am a dialysis patient so I need a reliable vehicle to get to and from medical treatment and it has never let me down yet.
Late to the party on this one, but the answer to the question in your title is unequivocally "Yes". Bleeding edge doesn't come easy...or cheap.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My old S65 V8 M3 made 103.5hp/L with a similar redline. That motor had its own share of problems and was still amazing but will never go down in history like the 101.2hp/L Voodoo.

Even if a CPC made the same power, it's not as exotic and I'm not sure you would have seen the same amount of BMW & Porsche owners jumping ship and buying them like you see today.

Answer = yes.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Ford is better for having developed this engine and this car. They have made many new Mustang fans - I for one would not likely have purchased one over a C7 Vette if it wasn't for the special aspects of this car.

However, because they are pulling in BMW, Porsche, and other drivers used to a more high-end dealer experience, Ford also has the ability to lose lots of fans if they can't get the service handled well, or if they don't take care of their customers. Not that anyone likes being jerked around by a dealership, but I think you expect certain treatment when spending $35,000 on a vehicle, but you may expect quite a bit more when spending $60,000-$80,000, especially when the vehicle is touted as something very special.

Hopefully Ford will stand behind this amazing car/engine and give it (and its owners) the support it deserves.

-T

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Voodoo is one of the greatest passenger car engines of all time. I'm very grateful that Ford built it. I hope to own another some day.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
This thread is 3 years old.... but the OP may have earned the coveted "nastang87xx" award of achieving the "Twat Waffle" metric.

"COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER"
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase."

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This thread is 3 years old.... but the OP may have earned the coveted "nastang87xx" award of achieving the "Twat Waffle" metric.

"COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER"
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase."
Well, it was. And on its way out. Them were some murky depths where this old thread was found. Thanks for the memories. Lol

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The Voodoo is one of the greatest passenger car engines of all time. I'm very grateful that Ford built it. I hope to own another some day.
Hard to beleive this is three years old...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Hard to beleive this is three years old...
Yeah - the new forum format messed me up and I realized some posts were old but for some reason I thought it had been bumped by someone else. Sorry about that.
Sponsored